Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DE'S - Depth Issues
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

DE'S - Depth Issues

Aug 25, 2016, 8:50 AM

Someone help me understand this....

The injury to Austin Bryant has caused concern with the coaching staff and fans alike due to the lack of depth and experience at this position.

However - there are 3 DE's on the roster I've never really even heard of.

Kelby Bevelle RS-JR 6'4 260
Kaleb Bevelle RS-JR 6'4 260
Jaquarius Brice RS-SO 6'1 215

I know we have reserves on our team at all times that don't really ever see the field. However, those Bevelle twins, anyone know anything about them? Are they so far below the other DE's, talent wise, the coaches wouldn't even consider playing them when the game matters?

Just asking for your thoughts and opinions....perhaps there is something I'm not aware of or that I am not considering....

Please provide feedback/thoughts/opinions....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DE'S - Depth Issues

Aug 25, 2016, 8:57 AM

Their one of Dabo's old teammates twins who were offered walk on spots. Unless we have a really bad injury situation they most likely won't play meaningful snaps.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Bevelle twins....

Aug 25, 2016, 9:04 AM

They actually moved to OL in the spring and are working mainly with special teams. Both are merely walk-ons, as is Brice (who is way undersized).

Brent says he doesn't think depth is an issue -- they played just a few guys last season and he likes to go into a game with five. So you have Wilkins who can play out there, and Jabril Robison, Clelin Ferrell, Chris Register, Richard Yeargin and Xavier Kelly kind of at the top of the food chain with Sterling Johnson getting better each week. That's seven without Bryant.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bevelle twins....

Aug 25, 2016, 9:07 AM

Point of order...we cannot use the term walk on with the word merely anymore....Renfrow.

Re: DE'S - Depth Issues

Aug 25, 2016, 9:41 AM

I would say it's more an experience issue than a depth issue. We must have 7 monsters in the stable... Just not many have had significant snaps / gametime experience. I've watched the highlights on all of our ends and they are all capable and scary. I think we will be fine.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic