Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DABO.........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

DABO.........

Oct 26, 2015, 6:20 AM

Yesterday at dinner with close friends, who happen to be Gamecock alumni and donors, the husband remarked, "Dabo's done two things recently to win me over...his honest respects paid to Spurrier and his sideline rant to the team yesterday."

Interesting, for I thought that stern warning to our team probably did more to win over fans across the nation than most anything else he could have done during the game.

Why? Because the American people love champions who display honor, dignity and humility. They grow to despise those who behave otherwise. They, also, will loathe those who allow overconfidence to result in braggadocio and bombast. Hence, why I believe Dabo's admonitIons to treat every game as if it's a championship game and to do so with class to be well-grounded

We are lucky, my Friends, darned lucky in having one, young Dabo Swinney as our head coach. I honestly believe that people across this nation are beginning to recognize the same. And if we remain well-grounded and successful, there will be a host of folks cheering in the streets along with us.

GO TIGERS! BEAT THE WOLFPACK!

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're gonna need a bigger bandwagon

Oct 26, 2015, 6:29 AM

I agree there is a lot to admire in our coaches and players that show our university in the best light

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Top o'the mornin', Sir Hartins. I haven't seen this rant you

Oct 26, 2015, 6:30 AM

speak of ..... was at the game & was too busy celebrating with our Clemson Family in the stands to have seen it.

Link to it, mayhaps ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

It's linked in the Updates section here on Tnet***

Oct 26, 2015, 6:38 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here it is : ( WOW - LOVE OUR GUY !!!! )

Oct 26, 2015, 6:44 AM

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13960267

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Good morning to my great Friend....try this:

Oct 26, 2015, 6:44 AM [ in reply to Top o'the mornin', Sir Hartins. I haven't seen this rant you ]

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Tigers-final-word-talkative-Canes-14200

Agree with everything Hartins! +1***

Oct 26, 2015, 6:30 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ObiHartins is wise.

Oct 26, 2015, 6:44 AM

nm

We're Clemson: We're better than that...

Oct 26, 2015, 6:49 AM

...it really does mean something!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're Clemson: We're better than that...

Oct 27, 2015, 11:16 AM

got a haloween special sermon for us, Rev?

Agree.

Oct 26, 2015, 6:50 AM

They were a totally different team in that regard in the second half. Just proves to me what a tremendous leader Coach Swinney is. Also a testimony to the level of 'coachable' players we have recruited. The exact opposite was on display on the other sideline.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree... It is gratifying to see what some of us

Oct 26, 2015, 7:06 AM

have been saying all along (I have been saying it since after Dabo took over as interim coach).

Dabo is genuine and special and has passion for what he does. You combine that with smarts, integrity and fearlessness and voila, you get greatness!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1***

Oct 26, 2015, 7:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: DABO.........

Oct 26, 2015, 7:28 AM

Seems like that moral road is way too high for any USC fan. Maybe your friend should demand similar behavior from their coaches and players.

Re: Cheaters.........

Oct 26, 2015, 7:36 AM

For the very reasons you've listed, I don't watch much NFL, certain teams in particular.

And as far as Miami goes, I remember when the other South Carolina team played them. I remember a certain quarterback who's initials might be TE get DUMPED about 39 minutes AFTER the whistle blew the play dead. Their star wide receiver - Sterling Sharpe - was done the same way in the end zone away from the play. Every team that played Miami gained a fan from that day on. I hate cheaters. I don't care for braggarts and hope every play they're shown up. And for the arrogant braggers? I hope they're shown a pile of shoot and have their faces shoved in it. Like Saturday.

Like Dabo said - this is Clemson. We aren't like that.

ESPN did more for our program showing that halftime speech

Oct 26, 2015, 7:50 AM

than they've done in years of giving us the spotlight in big games. ESPN's always got left-handed compliments for us regardless of how good the team's doing. They always question our program. Dabo has been the butt of jokes and jabs since he took the reins because people called him naive, a cheerleader, a hopeless optimist, and ESPN played right into that with every interview they had with him. But that halftime speech, which he could not possibly have known would be broadcast, and the way he brought the team back down to reality may have given him the solid credibility that's been unfairly withheld from him all these years. I truly think that speech will turn some major heads all over the country.

Totally agree! We are blessed!

Oct 26, 2015, 7:52 AM

Has nothing to do with "luck". And no I don't think that is semantics.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

honor! I eoukd like to see Dabo address the student body about the

Oct 26, 2015, 8:19 AM

mf in the CLEMSON cheer. If anyone could get them to stop it he could.

As a 1988 Graduate

Oct 26, 2015, 9:50 PM

My wife and I loved how Dabo represented all that is best about Clemson. The honesty, the integrity, the commitment that all of us felt like was smeared by the press as Danny Ford left.

I will not debate Fords honesty or legacy, but I, and many other late 80's graduates appreciate what he has brought. Come hell or high water, we feel Dabo represents the Best of Clemson.

Always enjoy your posts and this is one of your best.

Oct 26, 2015, 10:51 PM

Appreciate you bringing this up for those that possibly didn't see it. Dabo continues to make us proud to have him as our coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2015, 6:43 AM

Not to "offend" anyone, but I believe we are extremely Blessed that Dabo was directed to Clemson! Dabo is exactly the kind of man we need as Clemson's Head Coach and I support him entirely! I am a proud Alumnus of Clemson, Tiger Band and a fan since birth - Dabo, his staff, and the players (with infrequent exceptions) make me proud of what's happening "in those hills!" Go Tigers!!!

How could anyone be offended by your post. Spot on !!***

Oct 27, 2015, 6:49 AM

Oct 27, 2015, 10:58 AM

We are indeed very lucky! Well said!

I couldn't agree more my friend

Oct 27, 2015, 11:01 AM

Nice post

braggadocio, bombast, admonitions - wow, a lot of big words!

Oct 27, 2015, 11:29 AM

A plethora you might say. Usually need a dictionary
to read your posts. Glad i have a dictionary app on
the cell phone. Keep up the good work young man.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic