Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
D. Hood, thanks for being a voice of reason: "The lines of..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,002

D. Hood, thanks for being a voice of reason: "The lines of..

Nov 26, 2012, 1:25 PM

"The lines of scrimmage have to get better, bigger and stronger."

"The Gamecocks were the bullies, who came in and imposed their will at the line of scrimmage.... They looked bigger and stronger."

To a lot of people, this is exactly our biggest concern. Not being as big as big and strong as some teams is the most glaring issue in our football program. It's basically always the reason we lose.

With that said and with your position, can you address this with Dabo? Can you flat out ask him what he will do to correct this OBVIOUS concern?

Hopefully he doesn't say anything dumb like "you're insane" or "another year in the weight room will correct it".

Bullcrap.

This isn't the first game or the first year we've seen this same issue. The ONLY way to change it is to fix it at the root. That is, fresh blood. We MUST have it.

I'm curious what Dabo will say after yet again seeing physical dominance being the reason we lost. His answer will go a long way in keeping the faith in what he's building otherwise.

David, will you be able to ask this question?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's great but some on here never thought we would have a

Nov 26, 2012, 1:28 PM

line this year. We have come a long way and think next year we will have a bigger and stronger line. And by the way, if we had executed it would not have mattered so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm fully aware of our youth and will stand up for that

Nov 26, 2012, 1:34 PM

all day long.

However, Hood is spot on. The only thing he didn't mention is that the same issue has arisen time and time again regardless of experience.

Just for example, Hood's reasoning holds true for 4 years in a row against the #####. They've won the physical battles time and time again. The reason? Sack went out and got someone to physically change the strength of the team. As Hood noted, you can SEE it both in body types and play on the field.

I love the Tigers and will defend them to a fault. But there's no defending the obvious.

Fair enough.***

Nov 26, 2012, 1:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the closest Hood can get to calling out Batson

Nov 26, 2012, 1:38 PM

without having Coach Munson revoke his media credentials.

Re: D. Hood, thanks for being a voice of reason: "The lines of..

Nov 26, 2012, 1:52 PM

Look at the depth charts. SC had much more experienced players on both lines, and they lose a lot more after this season than Clemson. Clemson's DL was 1 senior with everyone else sophomores and freshmen.

Nov 26, 2012, 2:03 PM

Actually, we have 2 seniors starting on the DL to your 1. And we both have one senior starting on the OL.

We lose 6 players on our two-deep defense...

Nov 26, 2012, 2:13 PM

and that doesn't include the starters we lost due to injury.

You lose half of your two-deep. 11 players, including 6 starters.

Of course. But we recruit too. When people here were saying

Nov 26, 2012, 2:29 PM

we couldn't replace Jeffery, Ingram, Antonio Allen, etc., I stated that they were wrong because I KNEW the talent we had on the roster at those positions. And I was right. The only position I agreed with Tnetters that would be hard to fill was cornerback (Gilmore). Jimmy LeGree was a pleasant surprise, to me, at cornerback (and he returns next year). The only player we lose on defense that concerns me is DeVonte Holloman. But Jordan Diggs, a national elite player in high school last year, (in which he was rated 4 stars by all the recruiting services), was redshirted. We will see how he does replacing Holloman.

I'm sorry Neil, but all that is a bunch of hot air. None of

Nov 26, 2012, 2:32 PM

it touches on the fact we're a younger team on both sides of the ball. Experience matters, and you had much more of it.

Re: I'm sorry Neil, but all that is a bunch of hot air. None of

Nov 26, 2012, 2:36 PM

Did I say that experience does not matter? There were lots of games this year that we had big leads and got to play a lot of young players. And I can assure you that by the time we line up with you guys next Novemeber, they will all be experienced enough. They certainly are talented enough.

Neil, you seem lost as usual.

Nov 26, 2012, 2:39 PM

You made a claim as if we had similar two-deeps. You were wrong. It's not even close. No need to go down any tangential or completely unrelated paths.

Stan, you said the same thing last year and was wrong.

Nov 26, 2012, 2:41 PM

You will be wrong, again, as usual.

Neil, you are having trouble staying on topic let alone

Nov 26, 2012, 2:44 PM

making things up as you go along. As usual.

Stan, discussing things with you is like talking to a wall.

Nov 26, 2012, 3:04 PM

As usual, you choose to ignore facts. You stated last year that we couldn't replace all the NFL drafted talent we lost. Other than Gilmore, I said you were wrong. I was wrong (thankfully) about Gilmore and you were wrong about Ingram, Allen, Jeffery, Robertson, etc. We have the talent to ably replace players we lose this year. We beat you in 2011 with Ingram, Gilmore, Jeffery, Robertson, Allen, etc. And we beat you without them last Saturday. We will beat you again with next years players. Even though clemson has outrecruited Carolina 7 out of the past 9 years, the recruiting ranking differentials have not been significant. And we have been able to make up the difference, and then some, with better coaching. That's why we have won the last 4 times in a row. Feel free to have the last response because I don't have time to discuss things with a brick wall. And I won't know your response because I'm moving on with important things to do, not looking back to see what new idiotic thing you say. But just remember, whatever your answer is, it won't change the fact that 4 point favored clemson lost to Carolina 27-17 on its home field, last Saturday night. See ya. LOL

Nov 26, 2012, 2:06 PM

I know Clemson fans get tired of the SEC talk, but the fact remains - playing great competition improves a team. We're accustomed to getting punched in the nose and getting back up and doing the same. It's just the way it is in our conference.

Besides breaking records, what does steamrolling inferior competition really accomplish?

Who you play doesn't make you bigger and stronger on the LOS

Nov 26, 2012, 2:15 PM

That comes from the strength and conditioning staff.

Re: Who you play doesn't make you bigger and stronger on the LOS

Nov 26, 2012, 2:33 PM

You make a great point. I'll clarify my own:

... improves a team psychologically.

Stanley, we've had our differences

Nov 26, 2012, 2:21 PM

but you and I are on the same page right here man.

It's the elephant in the room.***

Nov 26, 2012, 2:29 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,002
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic