Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Venables on Syracuse: "A wounded dog is the most dangerous dog"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,064

TNET: Venables on Syracuse: "A wounded dog is the most dangerous dog"

Sep 12, 2019, 7:01 AM

Venables on Syracuse: "A wounded dog is the most dangerous dog"

Syracuse took Clemson to the wire last season but gained just 311 yards on Brent Venables’ Tiger defense. Two years ago in the Carrier Dome is a different story, and Venables knows he will see the best the Orange have to offer Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha Venables called Sarahcuse a dog LOL

Sep 12, 2019, 7:12 AM

He plans on pounding them into oblivion

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ha Venables called Sarahcuse a dog LOL

Sep 12, 2019, 8:49 AM

That comment makes me nervous, get called a dog, so be like a dog, and that is what scares me. I don't want them trying to bite TL on every down bc sooner or later, they will bite him, and I hope that it won't be a big blind side bite!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Venables on Syracuse: "A wounded dog is the most dangerous dog"

Sep 12, 2019, 8:05 AM

I was wondering if anyone on Dabo's staff was gonna look at it this way. Any team can be beat on any given Saturday! It's how you respond after a loss. I look for Dino and Syracuse to come after us with everything they got. BV is right! They will be ready to try and put their team back on track. GO T-I-G-E-R-S!!

Re: TNET: Venables on Syracuse:

Sep 12, 2019, 8:58 AM

But if the dog is severely wounded, physically or mentally, it might have less fight left.

Yes, they're at a critical junction but I feel like we are too. That is, I think our D still wants to shut people down to prove the naysayers wrong AND the O wants to put up 50+ on a non-FCS opponent.

It's unfortunate for Syracuse that they just happen to be next in line.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 9:05 AM

I agree with Coach V. Not because his team needs a wake up notice for this game. But because if Dino is worth his salt, he will have them playing with absolute desperation. If they get beat badly for a second consecutive games, it amounts to a mortal wounding of the progress he has made the last 2 years.

Sep 12, 2019, 2:43 PM

Absolute, and I hope that is exactly what happens, we beat them like the mangy dogs they are. Over the past several years, I have developed a big dislike for them, that smelly air kennel they play in, and their mangy fan base!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 9:11 AM

Love this mindset. This is what sets Venables apart as one of the best, if not the best, coordinators in the country. I think we will get their best shot, as we do everybody's now, but I do not think we will have the struggles of the last 2 years against this team. I think our dogs on D will bite back and make this a blowout road win and a feel good one at that after the last 2 games against the 'Cuse...

Sep 12, 2019, 2:51 PM

I agree with you about BV with the exception of one minor detail, I honestly believe that BV "IS" the best, the #1 DC in the country!!! The folks that approve the checks that are gave him that pays his salary, they believe that he is the #1 DC in the country also!!!

Cuse will be more like the dog that gets...

Sep 12, 2019, 10:00 AM

...whacked frequently with a rolled up newspaper (yes I'm old).

You just lift the newspaper and the dog flinches.

(I never whacked a dog with a newspaper, but my grandfather sure did.)

Sep 12, 2019, 10:52 AM

A porch is still a porch and we are the big dogs.

Dog or no dog- simple maff

Sep 12, 2019, 2:10 PM

Score at least one more pt than the dogs and CBV will accomplish that... however I’d love to see us put them away by half so we can play more people!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dog or no dog- simple maff

Sep 12, 2019, 2:36 PM

And the other QBs;)

That, of course, depends on just how wounded the dog is.

Sep 12, 2019, 2:40 PM

Mond seemed to be less and less dangerous the more he wounded he became.

Sep 12, 2019, 4:24 PM

There is actually a fair amount of pressure to not just win, but to do so convincingly. Maryland set the bar, and style points are not significant for this game. Such is the burden of the no. 1 mantle.

Sep 12, 2019, 4:26 PM

“Now significant”

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,064
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic