Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cuse Tulane victory looks impressive, but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Cuse Tulane victory looks impressive, but...

Oct 2, 2013, 3:41 PM

Lets look closer

Add to the turnovers, 2 blocked punts and a blocked FG and you get a feeling that the game they had against Tulane could had been REALLY, REALLY close...There was a total of 10 yards difference in total offense against them in the first half. I have a hard time believing these people can be stupid enough to talk trash.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cuse Tulane victory looks impressive, but...all I know

Oct 2, 2013, 3:43 PM

about Tulane is we were once dumb enough to hire a guy from there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its the Wagner victory that has them all jacked up LOL***

Oct 2, 2013, 3:44 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cuse Tulane victory looks impressive, but...

Oct 2, 2013, 3:45 PM

Wait, I'm confused. Who caused the turnovers and all the blocked punts? IT wasn't Syracuse?

The highlights said unforced but if you have to depend on

Oct 2, 2013, 3:49 PM

that to beat TU-freaking-LANE, then you have problems. Your all world 10 had less passing yards then the Tulane guy.

I will bet you a thousand dollars right now that you will not get 3 blocked kicks against Clemson.

I did not watch the game, for all I know the Tulane punter muffed the snap, or some guy failed to block. I highly doubt that it was Syracuse speed, lol, that caused it.

It goes both ways...

Oct 2, 2013, 6:53 PM

We blocked the punts and had short fields on several of the scores. We were moving the ball regardless of where if was, but when you have a short field and score TD's each time, well the stats don't look that impressive. Tulane had two long plays, which yes they did make the plays but one was a long pass that was thrown up for grabs and the safety misplayed the ball, and a long run where we didn't tackle on a play up the middle, that one concerns me, but when you have a short field regularly you aren't going to have as many yards and you are giving the ball back to the other team much sooner than you would if you were driving the ball a longer distance down the field so they will have more opportunities to move the ball and pick up some yards.

We will have a tough time with you, and we aren't hanging anything on the 2 wins, other than we did what we should do if we want to become a better team.

Oct 2, 2013, 3:46 PM

Did you know that if NC State would have had 300 more yards passing your game with them would have been REALLY REALLY close? lol.

are you really impressed by wins over tulane and wagner?

Oct 2, 2013, 3:46 PM

serious question

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Apparently Cuse fans and players are!***

Oct 2, 2013, 3:52 PM

I'd like to see an answer on this from a Cuse fan

Oct 2, 2013, 4:22 PM [ in reply to are you really impressed by wins over tulane and wagner? ]

I'm not impressed by our NC State win, but the UGA win is looking better and better.

Are we impressed with our wins....

Oct 2, 2013, 6:59 PM

understand where we are coming from, do most fans think they mean we are back and will beat Clemson, No. But compared to what we saw in the first game against Penn State and then against Northwestern on offense, we are more optimistic about our season if that makes sense. If Hunt had been the starter against Penn State, I think we had a good chance to win that game. And when Hunt went in against NW we scored. So seeing that the offense is doing what we expect to do against Wagner and Tulane (Hasn't been that way over the last 10 years or so) we are a bit more excited.

Again does that mean we think we will beat you, no, but does it give us hope that we can start to compete against better teams and beat the teams that we should yes.

Re: are you really impressed by wins over tulane and wagner?

Oct 2, 2013, 4:58 PM [ in reply to are you really impressed by wins over tulane and wagner? ]

serious answer. not impressed by the wins at all. But impressed by scoring 52+ in 2 straight games for a QB first action ever. EV-VER.

Re: are you really impressed by wins over tulane and wagner?

Oct 2, 2013, 7:11 PM

Ummmm... and his 3rd game EVER is against Clemson? Wowz.

Oct 2, 2013, 3:48 PM

Solid post, thanks for the stats.

Also, Tulane lost to South Alabama...let that sink in.

And unless a Db mouths off to Battle

Oct 2, 2013, 3:57 PM

I doubt we have 7-75 penalty yards.

Ha, that reminds me

Oct 2, 2013, 4:05 PM

No one is even talking about the fact that we had 13 players out for various reasons last week.

I think that number goes down to 4 this wk.

BJ. Goodson, LB, concussion
Scott Pagano, DT, ankle
MacKensie Alexander, DB, groin
Tyshon Dye, RB, Back
Charone Peake, WR,, Torn ACL
Kellen Jones, LB, Torn ACL
Gif Timothy, OT, concussion
Carlos Watkins, DT, attending funeral
Dane Rogers, DE, attending funeral
Isaiah Battle, OT, suspended
Patrick DeStefano, OL, shoulder
Spencer Region, OL, hip

Probable
David Beasley, OG, ankle

Aside from their punter, their kicking game is PUTRID.***

Oct 2, 2013, 4:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Well most teams beat bad teams by that much

Oct 2, 2013, 5:01 PM

Georgia tech had a 70 or 77 point win this season before only scoring 14 at home versus the 5th best team in the ACC

Re: Well most teams beat bad teams by that much

Oct 2, 2013, 5:02 PM

wow. Georgia Tech scored 70+ with a QB making his first start ever? I didn't know that. impressive

Oct 2, 2013, 6:29 PM

Those stats are misleading because one of the blocked punts led to a 3 yard drive for a TD. Tulane's kicker had a long streak of FG's made too. Tulane's QB was hit quite a bit as well and Syracuse put up 42 in the first half.

Oct 2, 2013, 7:07 PM

If Tajh is at the top of his game, it will be a long afternoon for the Cuse fans.

Re: If Boyd is having a rare bad day, I feel good about the

Oct 2, 2013, 7:07 PM

Venables' defense picking up the slack. Hopefully there will be another sack party.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic