Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Currently watching
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,177

Currently watching

Jun 2, 2015, 7:05 PM

The FSU game in 2003 when we ruined Bobby's #3 teams chances of going to a NC. What a night that was and what a finish we had that season after that disaster in Winston Salem the week before. I believe that was the last night goalposts were torn down in the Valley?? I was about 9 years old and that still remains one of my most favorite games I've ever been to. As I'm watching this game I'm reminded how good of a QB Charlie Whitehurst was. He tends to get overlooked a lot when people talk about our recent(last 20 years) good quarterbacks. But he was such a tough guy and the official Coot Killer. Just thought I'd show a little love for my favorite Clemson QB in my lifetime. Oh and some of those WR we had back then?? Youngblood, Hamilton, Currie, etc. We have been WR U for awhile now! GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Currently watching

Jun 2, 2015, 7:19 PM

I really dislike ole Booby. What a snake oil selling fraude

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2015, 7:24 PM

Also just saw a pretty cool shot of Dabo, the WR coach, giving Tony Elliot #83 some pointers. Love how Dabo has so many former players on staff. Truly a Clemson Family

You were 9? Makes me feel old

Jun 2, 2015, 7:30 PM

That was my freshman year. Lots of big parties that night after we paraded around campus with the goalposts. My roommate ended up with a piece of it after it was sawed apart.

It was a completely unexpected win after we got spanked by WFU the week before. Of course, we went on to destroy South Carolina in Columbia and we pretty badly beat a top ten Tennessee team in the Peach Bowl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You were 9? Makes me feel old

Jun 2, 2015, 7:40 PM

Yep, I was born in 1994. Been going to games since I was 6 months old. I was at all those games that year, at WF FSU at SC and I was at the peach bowl against Tennessee. Such an incredible feeling walking out of the Georgia dome that night. My uncle actually had a heart attack walking out of the game that night. He survived and is still with us today but he's never been the same since that night. Lots of memories that season

I was in 11th grade

Jun 2, 2015, 7:59 PM

And it brings back memories for me too. What a game!

I watched Tommy/Bobby speak at a FCA event the night before***

Jun 2, 2015, 8:01 PM

I was 42. Y'all can both byte me now. ;)***

Jun 2, 2015, 10:07 PM [ in reply to You were 9? Makes me feel old ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sidelines

Jun 2, 2015, 8:14 PM

I was lucky to get a pass to stand on the north sidelines about the 10 yard line on the west end. Most of the significant action happened on the east end but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed being down on the field that night. The speed and ferocity of the game are of course much more evident down there. It was neat to see the players up close and to sense the anguish on the FSU sideline. Only wish I had taken a camera. Back before widespread cell phones with good cameras!

Re: Sidelines

Jun 2, 2015, 9:59 PM

yep and hoops is the same way. been under the net many times. rough to say the least

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2015, 11:20 PM

Thanks, youngsters,I was 71 years old at that time. Reminding me how young I was at the time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,177
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic