Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson 2010 Football Schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Feb 4, 2010, 2:00 PM

Clemson will face seven 2009 bowl teams, including four on the road on its 2010 football schedule. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no complaints about this schedule

Feb 4, 2010, 2:02 PM

looks like MD is the only team that has a bye before playing us. No long stretches of home (2) or away (2) games, no Thursday nighters.

Good deal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PC??

Feb 4, 2010, 2:06 PM

I have a complaint. I want to play real teams not small colleges.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't like playing FCS teams either but

Feb 4, 2010, 4:38 PM

if you're GONNA play one, it's not like you get any credit for it being a big one. So I don't see the difference between playing PC, Coastal, Furman, whatever.

GO TIGERS

what's the rain schedule?***

Feb 4, 2010, 2:07 PM [ in reply to I have no complaints about this schedule ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Glad to see someone around here still has a sense of humor:)***

Feb 8, 2010, 12:07 PM

If we're going to play an FCS team I'd rather the money stay

Feb 5, 2010, 11:08 AM [ in reply to I have no complaints about this schedule ]

in the state! North Texas, PC, and S Car. Good thing at least 2 of those are in state!!

I don't like that our bye-week is in Sept, & GT is mid Oct.

Feb 4, 2010, 2:31 PM

Good news:
1) An extra week to prep for Miami.
2) Two warm-ups before @Auburn.
3) UMD is the only ACC team that has a week off before playing Clemson, and it's at Death Valley.

Bad news:
1) Our bye-week is in September after 3 games. No chance to recuperate from accumulated, nagging injuries later in the season when it's often needed.
2) No time to prep for GT's unusual option offense. (We play UMD the week prior.)
3) We play GT mid-October-- a point at which their option offense generally gets humming.
4) Tough Atlantic division stretch to close the season, including three tough road games.

The FSU-Clemson game should end up determining the Atlantic champ in late November.

GT will not win the Coastal division next season.

Feb 4, 2010, 2:42 PM

Paul Johnson's D-1 teams (Navy & GT) have a long, consistent history of losing games when decent opponents have more than a week to prepare for PJ's unusual option-offense. Consequently, PJ's GT is 1-4 against FBS teams that had more than a week to prepare, and PJ's D-1 teams (Navy and GT) are 2-6 in bowl games, with Navy's only bowl wins coming against a 6-6 CoSt, & a 7-5 UNM. GT was 11-3 last season but 0-2 against FBS teams that had more than a week to prepare.

Next season, UNC has 14 days to prepare for GT, VT has 12 days to prepare, and NCSU has 9 days to prepare. UNC and VT will definitely beat GT. NSCU may also. If Clemson gets to the ACCCG, Clemson won't face GT. It'll be VT, UNC (rematch), or Miami (rematch).

it will be VT. Mark It Down.***

Feb 4, 2010, 2:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Needed Bye Week later so to get 2nd wind & Heal up!!!

Feb 4, 2010, 2:45 PM [ in reply to I don't like that our bye-week is in Sept, & GT is mid Oct. ]

That Swofford of UNC fame sure can come up with tough schedules for Clemson...but this year isn't SO bad in that we don't have a Thursday night game. Let's Roll..play ball!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bye week was earlier last season, and really helped!***

Feb 4, 2010, 3:17 PM [ in reply to I don't like that our bye-week is in Sept, & GT is mid Oct. ]

2009 bye-week was Oct after 5th game. 2010: Sept after 3rd.

Feb 4, 2010, 4:14 PM

The 2009 bye-week came after MTSU, GT, BC, TCU, & UMD.

The 2010 bye-week comes after cupcake, cupcake, & Auburn.

I'm happy about this schedule

Feb 4, 2010, 3:56 PM

Considering who our opponents are, I like the placement of the schedule, and I like that we have a bye week before arguably the strongest team on our schedule.

I don't see how there can be many complaints. It's a very balanced schedule and there are no places on it that seem brutal at all.

I give it an A-

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cupcake Troy, but at least no bye-week for USC before CU.***

Feb 4, 2010, 4:24 PM

Troy can be tough***

Feb 4, 2010, 4:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USuC has to do whatever they can to try beat us.

Feb 4, 2010, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Cupcake Troy, but at least no bye-week for USC before CU.*** ]

They'd take a cupcake followed by two bye weeks before our game if they could

We'd better beat Auburn

Feb 7, 2010, 10:08 AM

I got some Auburn friends near where i live and all i hear is SEC this and SEC that and how weak our conference is. We'd better win.

auburn fans smell

Feb 10, 2010, 6:23 PM

auburn fans are almost as annoying as usc fans

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic