Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pickens County Sheriff is not 420 friendly.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

Pickens County Sheriff is not 420 friendly.

Apr 25, 2014, 2:11 PM

hth

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also thinks pot is addictive.***

Apr 25, 2014, 2:12 PM

And ruins lives....

Apr 25, 2014, 2:13 PM

...If he catches you smoking it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taking potential college grads and turning them into felons

Apr 25, 2014, 2:14 PM

Great job, police.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Apr 25, 2014, 3:32 PM

Message removed by Author

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to know the people you know that smoke.

Apr 25, 2014, 3:36 PM

The Charleston area people that I know smoke and barely useful humans most of the time.

I am generally lacking in my knowledge of highly successful people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of them smoke it anymore

Apr 25, 2014, 4:01 PM

Amazing since it's so "addicting". Caffeine is more addicting.

I can't seem to break the VomitFest habit.

Apr 25, 2014, 4:31 PM

There. I said it.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

highly successful people do coke, not weed.***

Apr 25, 2014, 5:12 PM [ in reply to I want to know the people you know that smoke. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a SERIOUS SERIOUS question for you, good sir.

Apr 26, 2014, 10:18 AM [ in reply to I want to know the people you know that smoke. ]

When you die after 80 or so years, & those other people that did much less than you, made less money than you, & were much less active physically die as well, when you're both in the ground completely dead because you weren't smart enough to figure out how to live forever in all of your busy-ness, which one of you was actually "more successful" than the other? You know, when you're dead & ####?

Please answer this question as honestly as possible.

I'm confused as to what my priorities should be right now. Work my #### off, stressing myself mentally & physically to make as much money as I possible can or smoke something that makes me feel good, & feel good about not actually having to do anything & having a relaxing time.

Please answer this question as honestly as possible, Mr. Success.

bunch of felons

Apr 25, 2014, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: He also thinks pot is addictive.***

Apr 25, 2014, 5:57 PM [ in reply to He also thinks pot is addictive.*** ]

WELL IT IS AND IT STARTS YOUNG ON THE PATHWAY TO COMPLETE RUINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and U know it

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course, this is all about pot. How ####### ridiculous...

Apr 25, 2014, 2:12 PM

These people have nothing better to do and are trying to justify their existence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WAR ON DRUGS! STRAIGHT UP NANCY REAGAN YO!***

In a place like Clemson, it is a lot easier to

Apr 25, 2014, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Of course, this is all about pot. How ####### ridiculous... ]

go after pot smoking students than the copper stealing meth heads just down the road.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pickens County Sheriff's office needs a spokesperson

get on with it dude

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, basically all they did was catch a few kids for minor

Apr 25, 2014, 2:18 PM

in possession, then threatened and bullied them into making buys for them. They caught a bunch of little fish.

Punishment should be going to Newspring for 90 days.***

Apr 25, 2014, 2:18 PM

lulz, they didn't even get anything of a decent quantity

Apr 25, 2014, 2:20 PM

They didn't get #### out of this little operation is what I'm gathering...Other than ruining peoples lives, of course.

Agreed.

Apr 25, 2014, 2:23 PM

This is how we police in pickens.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And then they hold a press conference like this acting like

Apr 25, 2014, 2:25 PM

they just saved the whole community. I'd be totally ashamed to be related to or affiliated with that sheriff. What a joke.

But Lakebum1, if law enforcement doesn't run operations like

Apr 25, 2014, 2:32 PM

this, then they cannot qualify for the federal funds that allow them to purchase machine guns, tanks, shoulder-fired rocket launchers, Apache attack helicopters, Arleigh Burke-class destroyers to patrol Lake Hartwell, or the land and materials needed to build ICBM silos.

And then they wonder why nobody trusts them***

Apr 25, 2014, 2:41 PM

Weed at Clemson will almost always lead you to meth

Apr 25, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to And then they hold a press conference like this acting like ]

somewhere else in the rural parts of Oconee and Pickens counties. That is probably what happened here. Busted a few college students for pot possession, got them to rat, and eventually found the meth rednecks that made this whole thing worthwhile. I loved how he called the college students naive. Probably because he used them to get his bigger busts.

I don't know any details, but I would suspect this was the case. No student at Clemson used meth when I was there, but almost all weed anyone got eventually could be traced to a meth dealer. Maybe meth is being used by Clemson students now, but I doubt it. I know 15 years ago the students were smarter than that.

Meth and weed sales are in no way correlated in the area

Apr 25, 2014, 2:40 PM

Most of the weed comes locally from the Asheville area, and some even from Colorado and Cali. The weed dealers in Clemson are typically younger people, trying to make a little cash.

I had a buddy get busted and TRIED to roll over on some meth dealers. Pickens County didn't even want to hear about that. They go for the easy busts, they don't want to deal with the risks of busting actual drug dealers.

just what in the hell are you talking about?***

Apr 25, 2014, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Weed at Clemson will almost always lead you to meth ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weed at Clemson will almost always lead you to meth

Apr 27, 2014, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Weed at Clemson will almost always lead you to meth ]

Please continue to guess since you admit to having no knowledge of exactly what happened. Every word after that statement is wasting precious oxygen!

All the information that I gathered from that is that

Apr 25, 2014, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Agreed. ]

every time the guy said, "drugs ruin peoples' lives" you could tell that he was talking about himself like almost like he was begging for sympathy & to keep his job. Basically what he was saying is that he needs to use drugs to feed his family. Silly for him Biggie Smalls was saying that way before he did.

Silly pigs.

Is the Sheriff's election primary coming up?***

Apr 25, 2014, 2:32 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cruel AND Unusual...***

Apr 25, 2014, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Punishment should be going to Newspring for 90 days.*** ]

Newsflash: Pickens County is basically trouble free.

Apr 25, 2014, 8:39 PM [ in reply to So, basically all they did was catch a few kids for minor ]

'Cept for those pillaging cops.

soon to be dead kids

Apr 27, 2014, 2:23 PM [ in reply to So, basically all they did was catch a few kids for minor ]

or at least they will get a few good ### whoopins

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, Anderson County REFUSES to be outdone

Apr 25, 2014, 2:30 PM

Businesses Busted In Anderson Co. Underage Alcohol Sting
Posted: Apr 25, 2014 12:02 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 25, 2014 12:16 PM EDT
By Mike Manzoni, Reporter - email

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. - More than a dozen businesses were busted for selling alcohol to minors in an undercover sting that spanned nearly a week, the Anderson County Sheriff's Office said Friday.

Deputies cited 13 stores during the sting, which included nearly 100 businesses. Authorities said one 15-year-old was able to purchase a bottle of vodka.

The sting, which included convenience, liquor, drug and grocery stores, used "confidential informants," between 16 and 19 years old.

But underage alcohol sales aren't only a problem in Anderson County. The Greenville County Sheriff's Office said it busted 91 businesses in 2013, which was four more than it caught in 2012. The Spartanburg County Sheriff's said it issued 36 citations in 2013, a dozen more than 2012.

Under South Carolina law, selling alcohol to a minor is a misdemeanor.; store clerks face up to a $500 fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What they don't publish is what often can happen to

Apr 25, 2014, 2:37 PM

those 'confidential informants'. Typically they aren't so confidential a week or so after the initial arrests, and I've known a few that had to move out of state because of it.

who do yo hang out with? I figured they were juvies

Apr 25, 2014, 2:43 PM

that were coerced into doing this as "community service"

I wasn't always the shining example of an American citizen

Apr 25, 2014, 2:49 PM

that I am today. I've spent time in the wrong crowds, but got my wake up call in 2010.

The game is, they'll bust a kid for simple possession, tell him he's facing 10-20 years or something totally ridiculous, and get him to go make buys in exchange for leniency or total dismissal of the charges. They then turn around and bust that dealer after a few buys, hold a press conference proclaiming victory, even though they never even came close to the root of the 'problem'. And the game goes round and round.

Back in the old days....

Apr 25, 2014, 3:57 PM [ in reply to What they don't publish is what often can happen to ]

a similar operation nabbed a couple of guys that lived on my old hall in Johnstone. The guy that made all the buys wasn't someone that the cops caught and turned rat, but rather was a cop wannabe that volunteered to do it with the promise that he would get hired by the sheriff's department somewhere down the line. He turned up murdered in Anderson about 5 or 6 years later. For whatever reason, he never became a cop either. And I never would have known any of that story except I see one of those guys that got busted at least once a year at a Clemson game. He did end up graduating and now owns a pretty successful small business in the Atlanta area.

Clemson is going to be DRY

Apr 25, 2014, 2:41 PM

now.

an ounce? a whole ounce? a $150 ounce?

So, if I understand what you're saying here....

Apr 25, 2014, 2:44 PM

WE HAVE A MAJOR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!!!

You should send some up the interstate to Joonyer and have

Apr 25, 2014, 2:45 PM

him help make back his tuition money.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!

Apr 25, 2014, 2:48 PM

Like I would trust THAT kind of weight to a noob. No, this sounds more like I need to get on the phone with my ####'s Angels pals. And rent a U-Haul.

I've been watching WEEDS lately and feel like I could move

Apr 25, 2014, 2:49 PM

some substantial weight if necessary.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you could rent bouncy houses for greek parties***

Apr 25, 2014, 2:51 PM

i am no math genius, but with 20,000 undergrad

Apr 25, 2014, 2:49 PM [ in reply to So, if I understand what you're saying here.... ]

say only 20% smoke., that's 4000
an 8th a week
Pickens County just got a pound off of the streets from low lifes like you.

with 8, 8ths in a pound, you are looking at 3982 students still with weed to smoke.

gotta be a better business model out there.

check that math

Apr 25, 2014, 3:01 PM

8 8ths are in an ounce.

Still...getting a lb "off the streets" is a joke. They walked right by dozens of lbs during the past 5 days.

When they were carrying out the busts...

Apr 25, 2014, 3:06 PM

I'll bet they didn't check any of the kitchens for Canadian hemp butter.

told you i was no math guy

Apr 25, 2014, 3:10 PM [ in reply to check that math ]

420 students with a need for weed now?

i mis-typed

Apr 25, 2014, 3:14 PM [ in reply to check that math ]

this article says, 1 ounce off the streets.
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/16673702/3-arrested-during-clemson-drug-sting

my math works, but my language skills lack.

Re: i mis-typed

Apr 25, 2014, 3:28 PM

An ounce? That was their freaking personal stash, I'm assuming.

lol, that's definetly not a truckload***

Apr 25, 2014, 3:45 PM [ in reply to i mis-typed ]

I love it when fluffhead does math***

Apr 25, 2014, 3:43 PM [ in reply to i am no math genius, but with 20,000 undergrad ]

One for $3

Apr 25, 2014, 4:41 PM

2 for $5

i totally did not follow at all

Apr 27, 2014, 2:25 PM [ in reply to i am no math genius, but with 20,000 undergrad ]

you must be high

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another Power Hungry Portly Pickens Anti-Pot Pig***

Apr 25, 2014, 3:12 PM

Unfortunately, one of the arrested is...

Apr 25, 2014, 3:34 PM

my son. They "claim" he was caught on a wiretap LAST OCTOBER with the "intent to distribute", whatever the hell that means. My son is far from perfect, but he's been tightly under my thumb for the past couple of years. I've watched his every move. I have regularly "inspected" his room and car inside and out. I have watched him have no spending money whatsoever and have watched his spending habits. There is no way in hell he has been dealing anything.

Yup, Sheriff, you are saving the life of a young man who had already turned his life around, was succeeding at Tri-County Tech in the Heating and Air Program, working two part-time jobs, and for the first time ever had found stability in his life.

Now, he sits in jail for an event he doesn't even recall happening, while he should be preparing for final exams. Meanwhile, I am waiting on a Bail Bondsman to call me back.

Way to go, you complete ####### moronic, racist, p.o.s. sheriff.

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

holy shiite

Apr 25, 2014, 3:37 PM

that sucks

GOOOOOOOOO tigerzzzzzzzzzz!!!***

Apr 25, 2014, 3:38 PM

#### just got real.

Apr 25, 2014, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, one of the arrested is... ]

I'm sorry to hear that. Truly.

Whale that really brings it home.***

Apr 25, 2014, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, one of the arrested is... ]

I really hate to hear that...

Apr 25, 2014, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, one of the arrested is... ]

That's what most people don't understand until they get caught up in some ######## like this, IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU! Doesn't matter if you're doing anything wrong are not, these police DO NOT care about you, you're family, or any of your lives.

I'm sure you'll be solicited by a plethora of lawyers now, willing to so generously take your case. ####### racket.

Again, really sorry that happened to your son, it'll be a pain in the ### and life disrupting, but hopefully it will all work out.

Lakebum, what I have tried to stress to my son and others...

Apr 25, 2014, 4:06 PM

The nation's general attitude towards the acceptance of marijuana use is NOT indicative of South Carolina, and especially the Pickens County area. They are still fighting the pot wars of the 1980's, while much of nation has moved on.

What is a simple fine in many states, can be a huge setback to your life in Pickens County.

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lakebum, what I have tried to stress to my son and others...

Apr 25, 2014, 5:14 PM

You are exactly right, Ben. I long ago told my kids the most dangerous thing about pot is getting caught with it. S.C. will probably be the last state in the union to decriminalize.

I was the City Engineer for Clemson for 10 years.....

Apr 25, 2014, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, one of the arrested is... ]

One thing I learned early in my career was to document. I documented everything that went on there during my tenure. Such things as the annual City of Clemson Christmas Party, where police, employees, and spouses would get #### faced drunk. Then, the police would cover for everybody driving home drunk to prevent DUI's. This is just the very tip of the iceberg.

I will bide my time, but before this is over, the City of Clemson will have their own improprieties to answer for. Glass houses and all that implies.

I wish you the best of luck, and I couldn't agree more...

Apr 25, 2014, 4:04 PM

It's past time for these goons to get brought back to reality and realize that they are not, in fact, special.

Definitely the way things should be

Apr 25, 2014, 8:06 PM [ in reply to I was the City Engineer for Clemson for 10 years..... ]

Ya know, like if a family member gets in trouble with the law, you should definitely do whatever you can to blackmail and discredit the people responsible for their arrest. I know that's how I want justice to work in America.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the most self righteous, ignorant thing I've ever

Apr 25, 2014, 8:30 PM

seen you post. You obviously have zero idea of how the justice system truly works, and how devastating it can be to otherwise innocent people. Hopefully you or someone you know or love never gets caught up in something like this, because I guarantee you'll be singing a much different tune.

Intelligent response, now go back and read....

Apr 25, 2014, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Definitely the way things should be ]

I said I will bide my time, but I will expose the hypocrisy that is the Clemson Police Department and the Pickens County Sheriffs Department.

What part of that don't you understand?

Furthermore, I don't give a rat's ### what you think. My posts were meant for my friends.

Dayum.***

Apr 25, 2014, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, one of the arrested is... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really sorry to hear that.

Apr 25, 2014, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, one of the arrested is... ]

Just know I'm pulling for you both.

sorry. these arrest over stoopid #### can and do eff up

Apr 25, 2014, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, one of the arrested is... ]

peoples lives,
hope you stand by him, he gets through this OK and can continue down the correct road in life.

I don't know as much about this situation as I did a couple

Apr 26, 2014, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Unfortunately, one of the arrested is... ]

of years ago, but I know that they have just accomplished a whole lot of nothing, except, as everyone has noted, messing up a bunch of hapless kids' lives.

All of us old timers remember Judge Gentry, and the kind of terror that he ruled with. Of course, that was in the 70's, and attitudes were far less lenient than they are now.

Actually, I can't think of many people who will celebrate this, probably even a few on the force will admit it's not a good thing.

What's more, I know thee are dealers still at large who are apparently immune to investigation and prosecution. The only way to pull the rug out from these guys is to legalize pot, and make them find an honest line of work like the rest of us have to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Re: Unfortunately, one of the arrested is...

Apr 27, 2014, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, one of the arrested is... ]

"Racist" - break that down for us...

Sounds like Pickens Sheriff

Apr 25, 2014, 4:14 PM

was out of stash and need a fix. All that evidence will probably go missing.

Follow up:

Apr 25, 2014, 6:49 PM

He's out on bail. Says the K-9 unit keeps driving by the house. They are obviously checking on him to make certain he is ok. After all, Rick Clark, aka Boss Hog, did say he wants to help these young people out. Yeah, right, you small minded P.O.S.

And I did get the story. Back in October, a undercover sled agent posing as a college student stopped my son in the BI-LO parking lot and befriended him. He then asked if he could help him find a little weed. My son agreed to, but never actually could get it. That's why it's possession with "intent." The agent was "wired."

What a bunch of low lives we have in positions of authority. I'm no attorney, but this reeks of entrapment.

Anyway, he's lawyered up now.

i must be missing the possession part

Apr 25, 2014, 6:58 PM

but i'm not a cop
or a lawyer
or a judge

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me either. I only know 2 things.....

Apr 25, 2014, 7:11 PM

1. What I was told

2. My son is neither a criminal thug (as described by Boss Hog) nor a drug dealer. Clark's comments are a direct attack on my family. They are slanderous. I have supervised my son close enough to know what he is and what he isn't.

It'll cost you a bundle but the charges will be reduced to

Apr 25, 2014, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Follow up: ]

something trivial if you don't want to go to court. Clearly, the pigs were just looking for numbers (volume) of arrest. They knew when they arrested him only one thing could come of it. For heaven's sake don't let him talk to them again. They'll do their best to get him to rat on anybody over anything. The threats will scare the living he ll out of a kid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks,....

Apr 25, 2014, 11:02 PM

He's now lawyered up with the best in the area.

Dad's gonna pay out the ###, but I will not let those pieces of #### intimidate him anymore.

Since he's been released, he keeps calling me to tell me the K-9 unit keeps pulling up in the driveway. I've told the attorney to put a stop to it.

Oh, and by the way, they entered the house without a search warrant. I don't know if he can prove it, because it's his word against theirs. Hopefully, a neighbor witnessed it.

Re: Pickens County Sheriff is not 420 friendly.

Apr 27, 2014, 2:50 PM

I had been a victim of a hit and run one night in Central. The cop EVENTUALLY got there. When he did, he proceeded to cuss me out, for not being on the side of the bridge the dispatch said I was at.

I started shaking. I was the one hit, you ### hole! After talking on the radio for a half hour, he wrote it up, and said don't let it happen again. ### hole.

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic