Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crazy Airbus landing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 346

Crazy Airbus landing

Feb 17, 2020, 4:24 PM

https://www.richmond.com/news/trending/watch-pilot-lands-world-s-largest-passenger-plane-sideways-during/article_e0e4214f-fca7-50d4-ae9e-982232309d22.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Balls freely swung on that one.

Feb 17, 2020, 4:46 PM

Also shows the problem with bigger and bigger planes. That thing has a TON of side surface space to catch a crosswind. Would have been way easier to land a normal sized plane.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These types of landings are a lot more routine than you'd

Feb 17, 2020, 5:03 PM

think. Happen quite a bit and they make for spectacular footage but on one is ever really at risk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing they're way less scary for the pilot than

Feb 17, 2020, 5:53 PM

observers. Planes almost never land in 0mph wind, and a 7mph crosswind requires the ability of the pilot to measurably adjust, even if it's not really visible to a guy with a cell phone. They probably do it just about every time they land.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still love videos like this and didn't mean to sound

Feb 17, 2020, 6:09 PM

like hipster "big whoop" doooshbag, but a buddy of mine who flew C-130's and now flies for Southwest says they make adjustments like this all the time when I was asking him about a similar video. Who knew.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the vid too. I think it's different for a........

Feb 17, 2020, 6:15 PM

pilot.

I've flown since I was a youngster and love it. Kelli and I landed once in PA in a puddle jumper sideways. People throwing up etc. Our friend who picked us up said we both looked like Casper.

We both were like where's the nearest bar!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not so much a landing, but a "controlled crash"***

Feb 19, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to I still love videos like this and didn't mean to sound ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flew into the Flores, Guatemala international airport on a

Feb 17, 2020, 7:12 PM [ in reply to I'm guessing they're way less scary for the pilot than ]

flight from Belize City. Pilots were very local. Totally open airplane/cockpit, small prop plane with 8 passengers. As we started to land I noticed we were sideways to the runway, and I feared the pilots were drunk. Just as I clutch my seat bracing for a certain death on a runway in BFE, Guatemala, the plane suddenly turns straight JUST as the wheels hit.

I appreciate those landings I don't care how "normal" or "safe" they are.

This place. They've upgraded. This was 28 years ago.

https://goo.gl/maps/ta5uLL228bewbUDN6

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The first time I flew into Key West airport

Feb 19, 2020, 9:48 AM

It looked like a hut with wooden floors. I'd imagine by this point they store spare engines or something in that building now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crazy Airbus landing

Feb 18, 2020, 9:50 PM

Las Delicias Honduras, Feb 1992...Flew low level from San Pedro Sula thru the mountains. Guys were puking in their kevlar helmets, I was laughing my #### off, lol. Fun times

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 346
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic