Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Craziest College Football Scenerio Ever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Craziest College Football Scenerio Ever

Nov 30, 2015, 5:33 AM

Okay, I have to do this. I don't want to jinx Clemson, this doesn't mean anything but I mean, this has to be posted because I thought it and someone else has thought it too, this is purely for kicks and giggles. Once you read this, just tear it up and forget about it but I hafta say this.

Lets say in another world Clemson and Alabama both Lose to Florida and Unc, in an alternate reality. Who do you put in the playoffs? Check this out. You have to put Oklahoma right? check. 1. The winner of Michigan st and Iowa obviously gets in, check 2. you can't put florida in if they win because they got beat by fsu but if unc wins, they are in. check 3. So you have oklahoma, unc, lets say michigan st.

so who is the final team that would get in? Yep! You Guessed it........it would have to be Clemson!

but lets not make this happen. Lets beat unc, they are in need of a beating.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Craziest College Football Scenerio Ever

Nov 30, 2015, 5:52 AM

Well Stanford or Ohio State would beg to differ in that alternate reality(as well as the CFP committee I think). Even in that other world the ACC only has one path to the playoff and that's a 13-0 Clemson squad.

Nov 30, 2015, 6:10 AM

I actually think he has a point . Nobody can say what the CFBPC would do in that unlikely scenario , but Clemson would have a square shot as long as the loss was very close and/or in OT .

I Think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Unfortunately, I don't think we would have a shot in that

Nov 30, 2015, 7:14 AM

scenario. WHEN you lose has as much to do with it as anything. Take last season as an example. If Ohio State's loss to Va Tech happened in the last couple of weeks of the season, I don't believe there is any way that they would have made the playoffs, even though their record would have been exactly the same as it really was. If Clemson and Bama lost, and you could somehow wait a month to make the selections, then we might have a shot. Lots of "knee jerk reaction" to late season losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it would end up that way.

Nov 30, 2015, 6:34 AM

I think the committee puts in a 1 loss OSU -- even though they didn't make their own conference CG -- since they lost to the overall Big10 champ over a 1 loss Clemson.

Now if Iowa were to beat Mich.St., who beat OSU and the ACCCG is a crazy, close loss, then they would need to think hard about it. But I still think the 1-loss OSU would be given priority (as last years champ?) to Clemson.

2-loss Alabama would clearly be outside looking in.
1-loss Iowa would be outside looking in
2-loss Mich.St. would be outside looking in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

You make a good point, but I think Venebles will have the D

Nov 30, 2015, 7:11 AM

ready to play and we win by a touchdown. We'll get a few weeks off and slaughter the next two teams....

Nov 30, 2015, 7:11 AM

Clemson would have a chance, but OSU and Stanford would too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic