Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 26, 2020, 7:53 AM

Friday night, enjoyable night in. I can't even recall what was for supper. Watched the Borat movie then the first part of Joe Bob's Halloween Hideaway.

Saturday. Football, groceries, and more football.

Sunday, smoked a pork loin, came out fantastic. I had my timing all off though as it only took 3 hours when I was expecting 5/

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

solid***

Oct 26, 2020, 7:57 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won & the coots lost but I didn't die.

Oct 26, 2020, 7:58 AM

Mostly football. Did whip up a nice white bean and sausage casserole last night.

Also replaced a broken baffle in the dryer. Much easier than I thought. Prolly saved $200.

6.3752/10 (-2 for sloppy play by the Tigers, -1 cuz the panthers cant make a chip shot 65 yd FG)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Good as described in MS paint

Oct 26, 2020, 7:59 AM
paint.png(60.6 K)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couple of questions about top 2

Oct 26, 2020, 8:06 AM

Is that a big poop with corn?

Are you the catcher or pitcher?

Why no reach around?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

It's 5 rolls of sushi

Oct 26, 2020, 8:11 AM

Idk

Pictures may not be depicted with 100% accuracy but are generally accurate.

Sushi, Cowgirl, Deer Hunting, ????, Church, Missionary?***

Oct 26, 2020, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Good as described in MS paint ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

???? Went to in-laws and rode around on their tritoon***

Oct 26, 2020, 8:43 AM

DUH, that was obvious.***

Oct 26, 2020, 8:47 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we've heard about you and your in-laws!

Oct 26, 2020, 1:41 PM [ in reply to ???? Went to in-laws and rode around on their tritoon*** ]

;)

that is absolutely hilarious!!!

Oct 26, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Good as described in MS paint ]

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boring

Oct 26, 2020, 8:02 AM

Did have fun Friday night at a friend’s house for supper but other than that the most exciting thing was yelling at the TV during the game and the score was closer that expected.

Did smoke a chuck roast and make 3 bean chili out of it during the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Tiring. Niece stayed over all weekend playing with

Oct 26, 2020, 8:05 AM

daughter of and son of. Saturday I was finally able to talk the wife out of going on "family trips" which she loves to do during the busiest time of my year. Like I don't have enough to do now I got to pack up the kids and go make memories. Instead I was able to get some work done around the house that I haven't been able to get to because of our "memory trips"

So they went to the beach on Sunday when I was at work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Memories cost a lot when you don't make 'em.

Oct 26, 2020, 8:13 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L584-djnMU

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally worn out

Oct 26, 2020, 8:09 AM

Friday: ran chains for the last home game. Packed up for a long weekend

Saturday: up early, rode to Evans, GA for some scokker action, was humid af and hot, played two matches and was ready for bed after. Got a tasty Hatch chile burger for supper spent the night in an AirBNB in Augusta. Watched the Coots lose, giggled myself to sleep

Sunday: slept in a tiny bit, had two scokker games in Augusta, won one, tied one, drove home, gave Lexington the bird and promptly hit the shower and bed at home. Missed Simmon's INT but the bed was calling my name. Oh yeah, me and Tharealdonjuan traded carne asada recipes and still debated chile relleno breading

9.9/10 with a deduction from the Russian judge

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 26, 2020, 8:21 AM

Played in a golf tourney for the weekend. Played like usual dog #### but had a blast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Not bad, not bad.

Oct 26, 2020, 8:21 AM

Friday: boozed a bit in the evening with the wifey. Watched Borat, hilarious. Stayed up til like 3am crushing drinks, totally assumed I was getting laid, didn't get laid.

Saturday: watched a team that looked like it was told it was going to win big over a bad team. Glad they removed various heads from asses in the 4th quarter. OL played like pussies. Front 7 on D played lazy af. Trevor wasn't sharp. But, all that, and still won by 26. Made it to buddy's house in time to watch the Khabib fight--29-0 now, and allegedly retired now, hard to argue that he's not the greatest MMA fighter of alltime, including the Anderson Silvas, GSPs, etc. Stayed up late driveway drinking and talking to next door neighbor, who also happens to have a black belt in Brazilian Jui Jitsu and trains at a couple different places in Charleston.

Sunday: went downtown to pick up some rye samples for a virtual tasting later this week. Walked around on the Battery for a little bit because nice day, drove around downtown some for 4th grade daughter who isn't getting to do the historic class field trips that our 6th grader got to do in 4th grade. Went home fired up smoker, put 10 lbs. of pork belly on pecan smoke at 4:30 or so. Pulled them at 7pm at about 150. Turned out pretty tasty. The "regular" bacon was the winner, but wanted to try maple and Asian-style (hoisin, soy sauce, honey, ginger, etc.) just to see if there were some gems in there. Will just keep it simple for all 10 lbs. next time.

8.4/10, would throw in some drunken monkeysechs to put it in the 9s next time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That bacon is the sexiest thing I’ve seen in weeks

Oct 26, 2020, 8:28 AM

I can’t seem to find pork belly that is anything but all fat around here.

Isaac Asimov

I mean, look at a pack of bacon. Even the leanest bacon is

Oct 26, 2020, 8:30 AM

still half fat, right? That's the only acceptable cut of any animal where eating THAT much fat is both delicious AND encouraged.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fanfreakingtastic

Oct 26, 2020, 8:27 AM

Friday - work was busy. Happy Hour at the Pub, then short rib tortellini, peas and brocolli for dinner. Stayed in and watched Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix.

Saturday - lots and lots of playing outside. It was chilly, but we all had a blast. Neighborhood kids were out, so they all just had fun together. Ran through both Power Wheel batteries, so that tells you how long they were outside. Then it was time for some Clemson Football in which my son sat and watched just about the whole game with me, which was awesome. Dinner was takeout from the Pub for us all. Drank a lot of booze Saturday night with neighbors.

Sunday - 38 degree baseball practice and game, then church on TV. thank goodness it was the last baseball game, I was freezing to death. Lots of laying around. Wife spent time out with daughter shopping and grabbing groceries. Drank a little for Lions vs Falcons. Lions win and we start taking tequila shots. Dinner was venisson burgers and arby's curly fries and roasted cauliflower. Yes you can buy Arby's curly fries at the grocery store.

9.78/10

-0.22 due to our favorite team being a bit lazy for :40.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exhausting. Stinky.

Oct 26, 2020, 8:34 AM

Friday night - pumped out septic tank. Brother came over and did some drinking and hanging out.

Saturday - At 5:30am, I drove down to our hunting land in Colleton County to retrieve our excavator, repaired a washed out road and returned to Lexington by 11am. Watched the game, did some drinking. Hopped on the excavator and began digging new septic drain field. Dug 70' trench from septic tank to distribution box and dug 80' drain line trench (1 of 3).

Sunday - Took the kids to Waffle House, bought 350' of pipe and supplies from Lowes. Installed, leveled, and buried the 70' run between the septic tank and distribution box. Watched new Borat movie.

Now I'm sore and tired AF.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Real Talk, do you need a certain license to do that? Or

Oct 26, 2020, 8:38 AM

just get it inspected? Or just DGAFF and do whatever?

C.***

Oct 26, 2020, 8:39 AM

Dude, you do know you have to christen every new

Oct 26, 2020, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Exhausting. Stinky. ]

distribution box by dropping a deuce in it

The box is on the way from Amazon. I'll just urinate in it.

Oct 26, 2020, 8:48 AM

Don't want a girthy poop log jamming up the virgin drain field.

Pumping septic tanks doesn't pay that much,

Oct 26, 2020, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Exhausting. Stinky. ]

but it's all you can eat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lolololol weekend

Oct 26, 2020, 8:37 AM

Friday went for a post-work run, not too bad, grabbed din din and headed home (I think that is all we did). Tried to make some moves, ended up getting told that all I do on the weekends is watch football and play on my phone. I kindly asked that we compare screentime stats and got shot down on that. Rage slept that evening.

Woke up Saturday morning and hit the road for a decent Run #1 solo. Kids got up as I left the house but oh well. Did 6.5 miles at a sub 8 pace so feeling good. Get back to the house, pack up kids, wife, bike, scooters, etc and hit up a second run of the morning, 6 miles with the youngest on bike at around a 9 min pace. Wife ran with the older two on scooters. Run to paint store because MIL is bringing paint sprayer over and we are going to finish the fence. Kickoff starts and Greenr has decided to forego watching football (see Friday night late night convo) and be Dad/Husband for the day. Take wife and kids to look at Dicks at South Park cause they have running shoes wife needs. We luck up and find a sweet pair of shoes on sale for $100 instead of the $150 ones she went for. Therefore we also buy the oldest two some shoes as well, tshirts, socks, etc. Then we go into the mall so wife can go spend money at Lulu store. Head home after avoiding Disney and Lego store. By this time Clemson game is over. Cut grass when I get home, weed-eat so we can get that fence painted then head inside to cook dinner. Get told that the reason the fence is still unpainted is because MIL didn't bring paint sprayer. Sweep floors, mop floors, cook dinner, bathe kids, sort laundry, kids chill and watch movie and put them to bed. Strike out again.

Sunday up for rainy morning, get everyone ready for church, then Salsarita's afterwards, home for a little while then back to church for Trunk or Treat. Now kids are hyper x 1000 cause they were sneaking candy. Grocery store & takeout pizza, then movies for kids while I dye 2 sweatshirts and a pair of shoes. Put kids to bed, wife and I hit the sheets early, she does work for about an hour and is then just too tired.

FML. I was the housebitch all weekend and it produced very little except a clean yard and a clean house.

I'll get labeled red pilled af

Oct 26, 2020, 8:50 AM

but chore-play is just an excuse to not ####. Women, lollers

What???? I don't understand what chore-play is.***

Oct 26, 2020, 8:52 AM

Is that where you do a bunch of chores thinking you're

Oct 26, 2020, 8:54 AM

gonna get "some" and then it never happens and you feel like a total "Simp"?

Laundry, sweeping, and mopping are not really trying to

Oct 26, 2020, 8:56 AM

get some. That is just what needs to happen to keep the house clean. 3 kids, 4 dogs, dirty house.

Cutting grass and weed-eating is just what needs to happen to keep the yard clean.

Not watching Football all weekend, now that was the bullshit part.

She should cut you off for a month for not being

Oct 26, 2020, 9:17 AM

a loyal Clemson fan and gathering the whole family around the TV to scream and hollar at the inept play of our glorious Tigers.

Isaac Asimov

What happened to the days when men took care of all the

Oct 26, 2020, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Laundry, sweeping, and mopping are not really trying to ]

outside chores while women took care of all of the inside chores?

Use to be men cut grass, weeded, painted exterior, fixed stuff

While women cooked, cleaned, did laundry of inside stuff.

Now us men have to do all of the outside stuff because it's icky or hot

AND help them with the inside stuff.

It it wasn't for sucking d!nk and sodomy I could be gay.

Then it's just hanging out with your friends.

Not a proper place to reply, but

Oct 26, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to I'll get labeled red pilled af ]

Last night the wife who is being visited by her moon blood ($1 to Borat) tried to get me to ##### her by saying, "wanna knock some of these blood clots loose?".

Nope. That is maybe the most crass thing she's ever said. Funny, but really grossed me out... and I had zero issues playing in poop all weekend.

Lay a towel down? Or just change the sheets later?***

Oct 26, 2020, 8:57 AM

I was up for it, until she used that phrasing.

Oct 26, 2020, 9:05 AM

I'm not as sick in the head as many of yall think I am. It was a big turnoff. Plus I was nearly immobile from my weekend chores.

Did she just get her wisdom teeth taken out?

Oct 26, 2020, 9:16 AM

Surprised she had blood clots from that.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a proper place to reply, but

Oct 26, 2020, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Not a proper place to reply, but ]

Dude what tf is wrong with you ?

Oct 26, 2020, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Not a proper place to reply, but ]

I've earned my red wings over and over. You'll wish you had that piece of ##### later. It's oddly satisfying.

Ikr, if that worried, just go at it in the shower

Oct 26, 2020, 9:21 AM

Don't even notice

Hell if we want to go see ##### with the kids

Oct 26, 2020, 10:09 AM [ in reply to lolololol weekend ]

we go to Timrod Park

MauldinT®

Crappy cause Rona bound

Oct 26, 2020, 8:44 AM

But the Tigers won!

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 26, 2020, 8:51 AM

Uneventful. Bought some clothes. Watched footbal, gambled, and rested. Old man style. This week I start excercising again.

The weekend was nothing more than a prelude to

Oct 26, 2020, 8:57 AM

a week of vacation. Nothing planned, just using time so I don't lose any that I can't roll over into year two of the deadly virus apocalypse.

Friday, got everybody at work settled in to cover me for a week and closed up the office. Took a spin to the liquor store to grab a birthday present for a buddy's 50th surprise party on Saturday, scored a bottle of Bushmills 10 year Single Malt Irish Whiskey from the clearance cart for myself for $40, so probably 11 year now but still the world's greatest distiller of Irish, so happy. Came home and started working through some of the exotic Mexican/Caribbean beers in the beer fridge because Mrs. was making enchiladas. Played some bass, watched some TV, crashed.

Saturday, coffee, long walk up the road with the pup, then back home to settle in for the murderous slaughter of Sarahcoots. Ended up pacing, cussing, and generally sweating out a sloppy performance by the Tigers. Got cleaned up after the game and headed up to Charlotte for birthday party around 4:30. Had an absolute blast, buddy's wife rented out a little bar they go to, had open bar, hired a band, and had Mac's Speed Shop cater in. Everything was excellent and we had a blast. Got home just before midnight and looked at football scores before going to bed. LOLUTZed at coot score.

Sunday, slow morning, lots of coffee, took the pup out for a stroll during a break in the rain, then back home to more coffee. Finally got moving and went to see RH Mom when they got back from weekend in Clemson, then off to run errands and get groceries. Came home and put groceries away, then sat down and practiced bass for almost 2 hours to make up for not touching it on Saturday...first day since early March that I haven't picked up an instrument at all. Cracked open some Stillhouse Black bourbon, comes in a metal oilcan and it's been sitting on the bar unopened since getting as a gift a couple years ago. Not bad, not great. Splash of water and some lemon made it better. Cooked 3 cheese ravioli, Italian sausage, and a small salad. Settled in to watch both Walking Deads, then last few innings of Whirled Series, then crashed.

18.35/19 Covids, points deducted for losing Jerry Jeff Walker this weekend, and for the Tigers giving me more pause than I needed on what should have been a relaxing ritual sacrifice of Sarahcoots.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One more tip of the cap to Jerry Jeff Walker

Oct 26, 2020, 9:10 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhN2E4hRDKk

A buddy of mine (RIP) turned me on to JJW in 1976 when the

Oct 26, 2020, 9:16 AM

A Man Must Carry On album came out. I wore that record out over the years, and of course this is back in the day when you sat down and read everything on the album cover. So, I have to attribute Jerry Jeff to learnin' me who Ray Wylie Hubbard was since Up against The Wall Redneck Mother was covered on that record. It would be years later before I actually heard Ray, but at least I knew the name from back then.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't exactly recall how I learned of Jerry Jeff Walker.

Oct 26, 2020, 9:52 AM

It may well have been from some of those hokie shows back in the TNN days. As for Ray, well before you and I ever talked about him I played Redneck Mother because of Blackberry Smoke.

I got into JJW through Todd Snider, I think. Same with

Oct 26, 2020, 10:03 AM

Guy Clark and TVZ.

Good nuff.

Oct 26, 2020, 9:13 AM

Saturday AM went and took care of mom, went by the grocery store, and to Lowes. Got back in time to watch the game. Put a new tire on 3yo's tricycle. Spray painted some crap for the wife for the Halloween candy slide. It's some old sewer line PVC her dad had laying around lol. Dictated a report for work. Corrected another. Redid the digital picture frame as the USB reader had finally corrupted after years of loading probably a million images or more. Watched a cheesy movie, semi-prawn in parts. Wife folded clothes watching Hallmark Christmas crap which started. That inspired me to paint the last of the porch furniture. Went with the kids Sunday afternoon to the church drive-thru trick or treat. Took niece and nephew + kids/wife to eat while they finished handing out candy.

Very laid back weekend really.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good, for juance

Oct 26, 2020, 10:02 AM

been essentially working 7 days a week for past several months, but had knocked a few big jobs off my list last week or 2...so nothing terribly pressing that I'd have to work over the wknd.

On top of that, Parents came down for a visit - first time seeing them since December (Thanks 'Rona!)...had off Friday, so 3 day wknd of eating/drinking/hanging out/football/yard work, etc...

feltgoodman.jpg

Not bad

Oct 26, 2020, 10:43 AM

Friday-painted a $30 dresser from craigslist, watched 2 movies. Tried to watch Borat but got 15 minutes and gave up. Fell asleep on the couch, ended going to bed at 4 am.

Saturday-Was going to paint the front door, figured an hour to get it done. 3 hours later after having to scrape off all the old paint because it was peeling like plasti-dip, we painted the door. Turned out OK I guess, but the paint ran in a few places that I'll have to sand out and repaint. Listened to Clemson play like shid, but still won.

Sunday-messed around in my shed, threw out some more stuff, then went out in my boat. First time since like August. It was nice and flat in the harbor, and there was little boat traffic. I need to do that more.

I give it a 7/10, -3 for more manual labor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

glorious. did as little as possible for a change

Oct 26, 2020, 10:52 AM

Fri - weekly steak night, seggs

Sat - hauled the last of all the floor reno trash. missed second half of the game. came home and got sparky with some beers. cooked some burgers with some homemade minter cheese

Sun - hung a few things up around the house. lost my ### on the parlay cards. smoked a pork tenderloin. seggs.

first weekend in a bout a month when we just laid around and I loved every minute of it

Re: glorious. did as little as possible for a change

Oct 26, 2020, 11:16 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lahm-9fNhM

It was a very enjoyable weekend.

Oct 26, 2020, 12:29 PM

Friday: Bought a new truck and later went to golf course and drank some beer.

Saturday: Played in Member-Guest tournament. Played like crap!!! Watched college football, played with MfOjr. and we went for a ride.

Sunday: Played more golf in the rain, witnessed my first ever hole-in-one, went home to dry and thaw out. Ate with mom and jr. took him to his mom's for a few days, :(, watched very little football and cooked Chicken Bog. Read and bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty bad...

Oct 26, 2020, 1:06 PM

Argued with wife all weekend to the point I was withholding seggs because angry. Like I'm a woman or something. Had to put son's dog to sleep. Clemson won, coots lost. Finally relented this morning on the seggs cause turns out I can only hold out like two days.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear of the Son's dog.

Oct 26, 2020, 1:14 PM

I can't imagine being so mad at somebody I'm living with and banging as to not bang them.

purty good, bike, beer, booty and ball, no boat. went for a

Oct 26, 2020, 1:46 PM

ride friday, got lost again, took the long way home. watched the tigers saturday then helped my future s-i-l put together a storage shed. we consumed a lot of beer on that project.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic