Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cowherd is a liar.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 2,644

Cowherd is a liar.

Jan 11, 2017, 8:47 AM

He did not watch Clemson Football, you watched the replays just like the ESPiN and the rest of the talking heads. They spend all their time either entertaining or preparing to entertain.

Anyone who understand football and watched Clemson play this season saw backups playing at all times during our games, all games, all year long. That was a multifaceted plan which eventually rewarded Clemson with the National Championship Trophy.

One function of that game plan was to develop the depth of our defense and offense for the postseason and next year when some of the starters moved on. It also manufactured adversity. I pointed that out all season because I saw guys on the field who backuped the position during critical times. Dabo's intention was to present a, 'Do or die situation, you either do your job and win this game or we lose if you fail,' although that was seldom the truth of the situation.

If you couldn't see that you probably were drinking too much because we face many team who had no chance to beat us yet that was not reflected on the scoreboard.

Liar, fraud, what's the difference?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm so glad I don't know what station he is on in my area***

Jan 11, 2017, 8:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm so glad I don't know what station he is on in my area***

Jan 11, 2017, 8:49 AM

Same here, I've never listened to the guy other than that which has been posted here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, so you haven't listened to him all year...

Jan 11, 2017, 8:59 AM

You've only listened to the highlights presented on a medium that is not in his favor. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only after Dabo called him out.

Jan 11, 2017, 9:02 AM

I still haven't seen your final season football poll.

I was just point out the irony of that compared

Jan 11, 2017, 9:06 AM

to your original post, in which Cowherd didn't watch Clemson all year, so shouldn't have been able to make such a judgment on them. :)

Check the Lunge.

You're saying that I need to listen to his show...

Jan 11, 2017, 9:10 AM

to say he's a liar? Brother, it only takes the telling of a single lie to make it obvious to any reasonable person that someone is a liar.

I'll admit that building one house doesn't make a man a builder but lying is something even a three year old can do.

I'm just joking around, really.***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:17 AM

I'm obviously just about as over sensitive as Dabo.

Jan 11, 2017, 9:35 AM

Right behind God and my family, I put Clemson. When they are all wrapped up into one neat bundle it's really easy to confuse the lines.

Yes, even before my rolex, martin and mercedes. See, that's joking around.

Lighten up Francis***

Jan 11, 2017, 8:52 AM

I'm sorry, what?***

Jan 11, 2017, 8:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I'm sorry, what?***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:01 AM

Just think we are being a little too thin-skinned about this stuff.

If I say Francis Francis Francis into the mirror

Jan 11, 2017, 9:40 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry, what?*** ]

Would you show up somehow Bc I don't want that. Apparently only need once on the tigernets. Don't even want to think about what would happen if I said bob x 3. See I won't even type that. Wouldn't even be in my field of view. Scary!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cowherd has the best national radio program

Jan 11, 2017, 8:54 AM

Or I guess simulcast program. I'll be listening today.

If you want to watch/listen to a daily show that 'knows' Clemson then you have to stick with the local homer radio/tv/internet.

Sorry for your butt hurt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol...I don't use the language that best describes him....

Jan 11, 2017, 8:56 AM

And it really has nothing to do with his ignorance on Clemson. I really don't think they even carry his show in Atlanta any more. But enjoy it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was I wrong?

Jan 11, 2017, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Cowherd has the best national radio program ]

Lying or stupid, I'd like support for your opinion, I gave you that consideration.

Re: Was I wrong?

Jan 11, 2017, 10:52 AM

You were 1000% correct. And I agree with you to the same degree.

I think Colin is a liar in so that he doesn't truly believe everything that he says. He needs to come with strong opinions whether he believes them or not. He knows most programs / events only superficially as most people do.

So when he talks I know where he is coming from so I don't get pissed. However, like all talk show hosts he can go too far on occasion. Like Steve Smith said yesterday on Colin's show - calling a college team a 'fraud' is not cool when talking about non-profit athletes.

I'll still listen to him but I understand why other people can't stand him and I respect that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not butthurt.

Jan 11, 2017, 1:21 PM

I got what they used to call a boner for the guy. He's a punk who wouldn't dare insult a man to his face. 'Coward,' is what Dabo called him and Dabo is right about that too.

So you're saying Cowherd doesn't "know" Clemson football

Jan 11, 2017, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Cowherd has the best national radio program ]

... and yet he felt qualified to call Clemson a "fraud" because he had followed them so closely.

That's about right isn't it?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you're saying Cowherd doesn't "know" Clemson football

Jan 11, 2017, 10:57 AM

He has every right to comment on Clemson football. Fraud was too harsh because these are college kids and he has been called out by many including Steve Smith yesterday who put him in his place.

My main point is this: if only those who thoroughly 'know' a program could talk about a program then we would only have local shows.

Re: So you're saying Cowherd doesn't "know" Clemson football

Jan 11, 2017, 11:37 AM

Amen to local programs that tell the truth, or risk getting canned when the listeners object to the bosses, or protest by not spring the advertisers. Can you imagine a sports reporter from a local station calling Clemson a fraud.

Few, if any object to him "commenting" on Clemson football

Jan 11, 2017, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: So you're saying Cowherd doesn't "know" Clemson football ]

I don't think very many people would try to say he shouldn't comment on whatever he wants.

But his comments (as usual) were inflammatory and calculated to incite a negative reaction.

He basically defended himself in his subsequent responses to Dabo by saying more or less ... I'd rather be "interesting" than be right.

And, that's just sorta wrong.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were a sketchy team much kf the year...

Jan 11, 2017, 9:01 AM

We peaked at the right time. I have no problem with Cowherd not think we were the real deal. What do I have the issue with ia the fact that he used the word frauds. That is just too extreme.

Re: We were a sketchy team much kf the year...

Jan 11, 2017, 9:06 AM

We obviously were not. He obviously wasn't defending his position he was attacking Clemson. Attacking a family is wrong. Dabo's calling him out was fine with me. Entertainers present their opinion as fact, insulting those who disagree with them.

That's the fool's way of supporting his arguments.

I agree with Carlsbad. You can say you don't think Clemson is that good

Jan 11, 2017, 9:07 AM [ in reply to We were a sketchy team much kf the year... ]

But to call them a fraud strikes a nerve in me so you know it does in Dabo and the team. I equate that language to calling your mom or wife a #####. No need in it and I applaud Dabo for standing up for his program and the guys that he sees lay it on the line everyday.

Cowherd is a typical blowhard trying to get ratings and I would bet my last dollar that he has never stepped on a field of any type as a competitor.

I think sketchy isn't the right word....

Jan 11, 2017, 9:11 AM [ in reply to We were a sketchy team much kf the year... ]

Anybody who knows football realizes we have all the tools. Now my subjective opinion is that we were a team that had their sites on getting back to the NCG. It seems like the players at times treated the season as a preliminary to get back. We also had the target on our back. Beating us would make many teams' seasons who weren't going to accomplish anything else. With that said, anybody who is shocked that we might struggle against NC State or FSU is an idiot. These are rivalry games.

The truth is, if you look at the season objectively, the ACC was much more challenging than the SEC this year. Alabama's only challenge was against Ole Miss, who was really the only other well-rounded team in the SEC this year. The SEC was as bad as I ever remember. Alabama is very good, but the fact they essentially ripped through the SEC added to the perception that they were unbeatable.

Good points

Jan 11, 2017, 9:16 AM

Just look at the bowl performances.
ACC - Good
SEC - Bad

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So should we have played less backups against NCST and Pitt?***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:03 AM

It worked out for the best so it's hard to argue.

Jan 11, 2017, 9:13 AM

I complained about the stress of some of our games knowing the reason adversity was being manufactured by our coaching staff. I'm not complaining now, I'm just saying Cowherd wasn't keeping up with the game situation and the players roles on our team.

I have no idea, honestly, why you asked such a question to start with.

It's his 15 minutes of fame

Jan 11, 2017, 9:12 AM

He's an idiot bringing attention to himself to promote his own weak brand.
Seriously, I've never hear of this clown before all of this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The old system required you to go 14-0 to win MNC

Jan 11, 2017, 1:17 PM

There is no problem with going 14-1 under the new CFP system so long as you win your division and don't lose after December 1st.

Clemson had a two game lead in the ACC-Atlantic starting the first week of October. Of course Clemson is going to build depth and not put Watson into a position where he could be hurt. A single loss is meaningless at that point (helps that Oklahoma had 2 losses in September)

Replies: 30
| visibility 2,644
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic