Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Covid stats in SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Covid stats in SC

Jul 5, 2020, 2:36 PM

Covid stats in SC as of today:
8% of those tested were positive
0.85% of the entire population have or had had it
Death rate of those testing positive = 1.8%
Death rate of entire population = .0156%
Data from DHEC

Be safe. Make wise decisions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

The fourth one is the most telling of all, imo.

Jul 5, 2020, 3:37 PM

Less than 2% of those testing positive have died, and the cdc is now finally admitting that the total cases is many multiples of the tested cases. The actual rate is very low, but high in a certain group. It's time, imo, for everyone on both sides of the shutdown/masks debate to take a deep breath and calm down. Lets take a rational look at this, stop trying to blame people - its an invisible virus, for crying out loud - and take actions based on reality rather than on who we want to blame.

As to your third stat, the cdc says over 26 million have had it nationally, or close to 10% nationally. SC cant be that much different. Something is wrong with that stat, if the claim is that less than 1% of South Carolinians have had it. That is not correct.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The fourth one is the most telling of all, imo.

Jul 5, 2020, 3:45 PM

Go to DHEC SC with your calculator and do the math. Be safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That part, I did. I wasn't saying you were wrong. I said

Jul 5, 2020, 4:08 PM

the stat is wrong. No one in his right mind thinks that less than 1% of the population has had the virus. CDC says it's 10 times that number. Be safe yourself. To do that, you need the right numbers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That part, I did. I wasn't saying you were wrong. I said

Jul 5, 2020, 5:08 PM

As noted below i should have said at least. The math in round numbers is 45,000 cases determined / 5.2 million = excuse the error 0.86%. Would you be kind enough to share OK numbers out there?

Re: That part, I did. I wasn't saying you were wrong. I said

Jul 5, 2020, 5:36 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The fourth one is the most telling of all, imo.

Jul 5, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to The fourth one is the most telling of all, imo. ]

This virus has turned political, once political you can throw your stats and percentages out the window.

DHEC uses a mulitplier like everybody else

Jul 5, 2020, 4:47 PM [ in reply to The fourth one is the most telling of all, imo. ]

to estimate the total. It was around 7.0 at the beginning and it's 7.14 now. Nobody is saying the confirmed cases are the total infected. Nobody ever has.

Re: DHEC uses a mulitplier like everybody else

Jul 5, 2020, 5:55 PM

They are when they use tested positive for mortality rates.

They shouldn't have to dumb everything down that much

Jul 5, 2020, 7:04 PM

You know better, I know better. Anybody who is bright enough to find their website knows better.

Re: Covid stats in SC

Jul 5, 2020, 3:46 PM

Thank you both for update!

Slight correction...

Jul 5, 2020, 3:58 PM

AT LEAST 0.85% of the entire population have or have had it (if the tests were accurate).

You're only quoting numbers for those who have been tested. Half the population could have already had it, but if they hadn't shown any signs and weren't tested we would never know it.

Consider the asymptomatic football players that would never have been diagnosed with it except they had to be tested.

We'll have a little better idea about percentages of population with it (if and) when the colleges open back up and all students, faculty, and staff have to get tested.

Re: Slight correction...

Jul 5, 2020, 5:55 PM

Yep. I don’t understand why this is so hard. It’s very basic math, it has to be purposely to stir panic for political reasons which was my suspicion in March but now looks certain.

Jul 5, 2020, 4:12 PM

F Covid and F any idiots that live in fear of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jul 5, 2020, 5:36 PM

Cornflakes going to be upset with you . Lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2020, 12:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Covid stats in SC ]

Sorry attitude to have considering all the people who have died. Being cautious is the right thing for those who may not handle the virus well. It could be someone in your family who suffers. I hope it isnt. But since you dont care about my family, ill still do all i can to help protect yours.

And i dont live in fear, but i do what i can as best i can. Maybe just maybe someone lives because i did my best.

Jul 5, 2020, 4:15 PM

Measurement system errors can be classified into accuracy and precision. If the measurement system is not precise or accurate that introduces a lot of variability.

Careful in coming to conclusions based on limited sample size and non-validated measurement systems.

Those are overall stats

Jul 5, 2020, 4:35 PM

Re: Those are overall stats

Jul 5, 2020, 5:59 PM

It’s working it’s way through population which was likely going to happen before vaccine anyway. We should of just faced the music in feb and March and April and been done, but WHILE taking reasonable precautions as you stated and not doing things to deepen the problem like sending infected to nursing homes and making them death houses. Shutting down was never the answer and will have repercussions for DECADES as we have destroyed the dollar. And people think we can just indefinitely shut down like dollars are limitless. It’s insane.

heres the hospitalization stats

Jul 5, 2020, 6:47 PM

Hospital Bed Occupancy

As of July 4, 3,387 inpatient hospital beds are available and 7,296 are in use, which is a 68.3% statewide hospital bed utilization rate. Of the 7,296 inpatient beds currently used, 1,251 are occupied by patients who have either tested positive or are under investigation for COVID-19.

honestly i was expecting way more in for covid based on media reporting

link for source..

Jul 5, 2020, 6:48 PM

https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/hospital-bed-capacity-covid-19

Re: heres the hospitalization stats

Jul 5, 2020, 8:08 PM [ in reply to heres the hospitalization stats ]

This is the important info, imho. Hospitalizations and deaths are all that really matter.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic