Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Covid in your workplace ... How are they dealing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 467

Covid in your workplace ... How are they dealing

Jul 9, 2020, 3:26 PM

with it? Here, they have sent out several C.Y.A. emails, advising people to be careful, wash hands and sanitize, practice social distancing, cover coughs, etc.. The truth is, aside from some half ### plexiglass barriers at point of customer contact, and a couple of hand sanitizers place randomly throughout the building, it's business as usual. Nobody wears a mask, and social distancing is impossible as we are crawling over each other like ants. I know a lot of people are working from home, and most places are taking some cautionary measures. How about for you?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Haven't been to work since 3/11

Jul 9, 2020, 3:28 PM

And probably wont until 2021 at some time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice

Jul 9, 2020, 3:40 PM

https://youtu.be/lYBIRHi5-o8

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Masks required unless alone in work space or outside,

Jul 9, 2020, 3:41 PM

temperature check at the door, non-essentials are working from home. Bunch of paperwork and top-level approval for any visitors or non-essentials coming in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Masks required unless alone in work space or outside,

Jul 9, 2020, 3:51 PM

Most of our staff are WFH, but we have similar processes in place. No temperature taking, but masks in halls and common areas. Signs everywhere about washing and 6-ft. Only 2 people in elevator at one time. Lots of hand sanitizer. We have a room with UVC lights where fed ex, ups packages rest for a day before they are opened.

Can't come to work with any symptoms. Virtual meetings if at all possible. IT folks bring wipes in with them if they work on your machine.

We are not a commercial business...a defense contractor. So, right now, we have zero customers in the office.

been entirely WFH since 3/23, and right now, we're slated

Jul 9, 2020, 3:49 PM

for a return to the office 8/3, which won't happen. It's already been extended 4 times, and they want to see 2 weeks of steady daily decline in new cases. The clock restarts when that doesn't happen.

And even when we do 'return' to the office, they're phasing it...only 25% of the people will have a 'permanent' desk....which means that SHOULD you decided to come in to the office, you have 'your' desk. Anyone else has to squat at an approved, appropriately distanced, cubicle.

I have a spot, as does one my designers (2 out of 7 in our dept, so ~25%). He WANTS to go back, I'd be happy never going back.

They've also pretty directly said that they'll never go back to 'full occupancy' as we knew it, and that there will definitely be continued WFH options after all of this

Re: been entirely WFH since 3/23, and right now, we're slated

Jul 9, 2020, 3:55 PM

DGUARCHITECT Interesting! Can I ask how many employees you have in the office?

Has management asked employees about returning or is mgt making a unilateral decision?

We have a WFH survey prepared and will send it out soon. We have 4 floors in a decently large building, ~300 people. We do not believe we are losing productivity, which is one focus of the survey.

People are actually charging a slightly larger amount of hours per week. We enter actual time worked in the time-keeping system, but get paid for 40 hr/week.

a good bit

Jul 9, 2020, 4:01 PM

normally about 1800 in the building, total...not sure if that included contracted workers, like custodial, cafeteria, etc...

Management has polled us numerous times, as well as our clients re: efficiency, their impressions of the work done while WFHing. MGMT is pretty transparent about it all - we've had monthly 'town hall' meetings, they've addressed the fact that there'd always been talk about trying WFH, but they didn't want to take the risk of disrupting projects/workflow, etc...providing computers/peripherals for home use, totally revamping IT, etc....

but now that they were forced to, and have seen the results (both work, and employees/managers impressions), they're pretty happy with it, and HAVE to be saving BANK on overhead (well, again, they've come right out and said that they are)

There's been A LOT of extra reporting to do as a result, thought even that's slowed down, which is nice....and each project has added an additional pot to charge to, for any WFH 'issues' (can't connect to the VPN for 2 hours, charge that here)

25% - 1

Jul 9, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to been entirely WFH since 3/23, and right now, we're slated ]

sorry about McLovin

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

:(

Jul 9, 2020, 4:18 PM

technically, it's by business line - he was in a completely different(ly) managed group, w/ their own approach to this.

I think he was still at home, but I know some of the architectural staff w/ that group has been back in the building for weeks

F that S

Re: Covid in your workplace ... How are they dealing

Jul 9, 2020, 5:08 PM

more efficient, no unnecessary travel/meetings to check a box

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never left the office

Jul 9, 2020, 5:10 PM

It's easier for me to work at the office with nobody else around than try to work from home.

We have 2 other employees now in the office, but we all have our own office or big cubicle. We wipe down common areas a bit more.

Everybody else works from home with the occasional brief stop at office to drop off files and pick up equipment. I haven't seen 90% of my team in person for months and missing them. Trying to figure out if I can still meet them for lunch offsite somewhere just to keep connection.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Covid in your workplace ... How are they dealing

Jul 9, 2020, 6:21 PM

We shoot people that are infected right when they come in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By not letting us come back

Jul 9, 2020, 6:27 PM

They tried a partial opening right before Memorial Day

Jul 9, 2020, 6:35 PM

with intent to open in phases. Of course, we can't have nice things, so they have since delayed that opening 3 or 4 times. I have no intention of going back or making my team go back for the foreseeable future and that is okay with the company.

If and wwhen we do return (and for the folks that have to be there), they are doing temp checks at the door, requiring masks everywhere except your desk, removed chairs from conference rooms, canteens so folks can't congregate/have in person meetings.

Funniest thing is, we have a gym on site and the trainers have been going in everyday, doing live workout sessions, and hosting virtual events. What it also means, is that I'm paying $15/month for something I'll never use. Plus, I have 4 outstanding personal training sessions that I need to get my money back for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

I’m a full time teleworker...

Jul 10, 2020, 2:08 PM

So no changes for me...but our office based staff in the US are slated to return 9/1 on a limited basis (25%), every other cube empty, masks when not at desk, no group lunches, etc.

Our Swiss and U.K. offices are already back but may be a while for Latin America.

Replies: 15
| visibility 467
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic