»
Topic: Couple of thoughts on the basketball game...
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 6, 2019 3:04 PM by: Cdixon11
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Couple of thoughts on the basketball game...

[3]
Posted: Nov 6, 2019 9:58 AM

First, at some point, Brownfll has to start winning these. I don’t think a VPI loss kills us by any stretch, but it was an opportunity to build support and momentum early, and that was lost.... and that the biggest thing BB needs. I’m not going to make a “9 years in” comment right now... but he’s gotta win those.

Basketball wise.. that was the most athletic team I have seen BB put on the floor since his first year. I also think it’s the most “upside” I’ve seen in a group in his tenure. 2nd half was bad offensively, but I thought we had some of the most talented guys we’ve had in a while on the floor.

Season isn’t over, but BB has to find a way to win those. I like the young guys for sure.

2020 orange level member

Re: Couple of thoughts on the basketball game...

[2]
Posted: Nov 6, 2019 10:05 AM

Just throw up threes in the second was what I saw. 0-3 one trip and resulting 1-5 at ft line overall. That is just inexcusable for any college player. We may win a few on hot shooting nights but without some midrange, some inside, and some drive and dish sprinkled in it is going to be a long year. We cant win being that one dimensional. I didnt expect a great year but with the summer to prepare I thought you might see a little more last night against a very lowly rated VT team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Couple of thoughts on the basketball game...

[1]
Posted: Nov 6, 2019 10:08 AM

I agree with your assessment that we have to start winning these games.
However, what I saw last night was not the start of a new season, but a rerun of last season.

At some point BB must figure out one thing:

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 10:43 AM

The 3-point arc is not electrified, not razor-wired nor a force field....it's OK to put players INSIDE of that line and let some of their athleticism contribute to the offense. As for the poor defense, that is just a matter of personal pride or 'next man up' as far as I can see.

Hopefully, "utilizing their athleticism" isn't the same as

[2]
Posted: Nov 6, 2019 10:51 AM

elevating their game.

2020 purple level member

If pigs are so smart, why do 66% of them use weak and inferior materials during construction?

TAKE YOUR POST DOWN NOW!***

[1]
Posted: Nov 6, 2019 10:52 AM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

To me, it looks like CBB is doing the right thing and not

[3]
Posted: Nov 6, 2019 10:51 AM

allowing players to elevate their game. It's a sure fire way to make the tournament.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

But...

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 3:04 PM

Purnell left a mess, he needs more Time, Wait until LittleJohn upgrades are complete,

Same old crap different year

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 season tickets sec n row 28 between the 30 and 35 yr line north side lower deck 4000.00 2000.00 ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
622 people have read this post