Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Brownell talks loss to Notre Dame, missing the postseason and recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Brownell talks loss to Notre Dame, missing the postseason and recruiting

Mar 19, 2015, 3:41 PM

Brownell talks loss to Notre Dame, missing the postseason and recruiting

In his final press conference of the season, Clemson head coach Brad Brownell says a February 10th loss to Notre Dame is what derailed Clemson's season. He also breaks down his goals for recruiting and missing the postseason. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Brownell talks loss to Notre Dame, missing the postseason and recruiting

Mar 19, 2015, 3:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

translation, I need 10 yrs to even make the tourney

Mar 19, 2015, 3:50 PM

be patient.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: translation, I need 10 yrs to even make the tourney

Mar 19, 2015, 4:20 PM

I am shocked that you are unable to read....

/s

null

Mrs. Brownell

Mar 19, 2015, 5:16 PM

Shouldn't you be watching film on recruiting targets?

Re: Mrs. Brownell

Mar 19, 2015, 5:17 PM

Someone is still upset from his beating in the last thread.

null

Is he scared?

Mar 19, 2015, 4:17 PM

He sounds timid or scared that Clemson can't attract top notch talent. That might be the case, but he's not being a good salesman. Try harder! As if your job depended on it...which it kinda does.

Re: New Story: Brownell talks loss to Notre Dame, missing the postseason and recruiting

Mar 19, 2015, 5:06 PM

Dis is gunna git reel gud! ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Certainly we are recruiting players we think we can get"

Mar 19, 2015, 5:19 PM

That's a very useful tactic for clemtiger117 at the bar on Saturday night trying to get laid.

Personally I think we should have better standards.

Re: "Certainly we are recruiting players we think we can get"

Mar 19, 2015, 5:27 PM

Someone is obsessed.

Very sad little man you are.

Pathetic #### loving loser. Your true colors are starting to show.

null

Re: "Certainly we are recruiting players we think we can get"

Mar 19, 2015, 6:31 PM [ in reply to "Certainly we are recruiting players we think we can get" ]

the money package of $879,000 clemson used for basketball recruiting from 2008 thru 2012-2013,it
seemed like the tigers were getting the 2 or 3 star athletes,now i realize there are some talented players on the roster but maybe the' we think we can get' the 2 or 3 star to play at a higher level,
i'm kind of tired of trying to get the mule to be the first out of the starting gate at
churchill downs.
someone please tell me that we can match up with the top ranked teams out of the acc.

We've got 63 million for upgrades to littlejohn

Mar 19, 2015, 9:38 PM

maybe we could use a little of that for a coaching upgrade

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We've got 63 million for upgrades to littlejohn

Mar 19, 2015, 9:43 PM

> maybe we could use a little of that for a coaching
> upgrade

lol..you got me

maybe Dabo could give him some pointers. Dream big Brad***

Mar 19, 2015, 9:33 PM [ in reply to "Certainly we are recruiting players we think we can get" ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's throw Winthrop in that first sentence just for giggles

Mar 19, 2015, 6:15 PM

nm

Brownell is laughing all the way to the Bank

Mar 19, 2015, 7:07 PM

He is now a wealthy man thanks to Clemson. Winning is preferable but optional. End of story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo! That sad tale of woe above is sad for us fans, but

Mar 19, 2015, 10:25 PM

Brownell is indeed laughing all the way to the bank. The bid was lost long before Notre Dame. And what about this quote, "we just kind of folded" and "we really weren't that bad"

I'm glad to hear Brad . .

Mar 19, 2015, 8:08 PM

be happy Rod is done as well. We WILL be better next year . .how much?? But better.

Mar 19, 2015, 8:53 PM

I hope this is the last basketball article until next season.
Brownell is your coach next year whether you like it or not and barring
the roof caving in next year, he will be coach for at least the first year
in the new LJ. By then, he should have a long enough record to judge him on.

By the way here are the winning percentages against ACC competition of the coaches
people keep comparing Brownell to.

Barnes 42.9%
Purnell 43.9%
Ellis 37.1%
Foster 36.1%

and Brownell 45.2% and yes, it includes this year.

Its a little early to be thinking about showing the door to the coach who has the best record against league competition since Clemson joined the ACC.

So true, but facts won't sway those who have already decided

Mar 19, 2015, 9:28 PM

that they don't like Brownell. Interestingly, these tend to be the same people who also expect him to recruit great players despite our poor facilities and embarrassing basketball history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It's a fact that losing top scorer 4 straight yrs is pitts!

Mar 19, 2015, 9:46 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am definately not in the "fire BB" camp... and I have

Mar 20, 2015, 9:14 AM [ in reply to So true, but facts won't sway those who have already decided ]

always pulled for him... I even agree with some of the hurdles he's had to overcome...

but at what point do people stop throwing out ACC winning % for a coach that has no made the NCAAT other than his first year? It is an impressive stat when considered among Clemson's ACC history... but guys who did worse than him were dancing and filling seats regularly.

I like him, and I'm pulling for him...

but a trend is a trend, IMO... and since that first year, it has been on the downtick

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Mar 20, 2015, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Brownell talks loss to Notre Dame, missing the postseason and recruiting ]

The ACC competition now is not what it was in the 70's/80's/90's or even early 2000s. When this was a 7/8 team league, the competition was strong top to bottom (Clemson probably being the weakest). Any league win by the Tigers was probably a quality win, and a road win was an upset! And every team was played at least twice. ACC routinely placed 5-7 teams in post season (NCAA & NIT), and there were only 8 teams!
In my opinion, conference wins in the last few years are not as meaningful as wins when Foster, Ellis, and even Barnes were coaching.

Couple of quotes....

Mar 20, 2015, 8:03 AM

From the article: "However, Brownell says the team wasn't as bad as people think."

From Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I think you thought you were being smart....

Mar 20, 2015, 8:26 AM

yet, maybe not so much.

Yes, as Parcells said, this team was "exactly what they were: inconsistent almost beyond reason, lacking in one player to stand up and take over a game, offensively challenged, often worse at shot selection than even at shooting, not really as good on defense as most Brownell teams are, better than the Wakes and BC's just stepping on the floor but often lacking in confidence, and able to go play with upper mid-tier ACC teams most every night and sometimes even win. Ultimately, capable of in talent and in their record, better than what most of those-in-the-know predicted for them - 8th in the conference - generally in line with or slightly better than the historical performance of Clemson basketball."

But, as Parcells also said and Brownell confirmed, they weren't what many apparently think on here. Regardless what TNET masochists say, they weren't "significantly worse than last year, a bottom feeder in the ACC, losers to all or even most quality OOC foes, routinely non-competitive with the top-tier of the conference, nor anywhere near a reasonable basis for firing a coach who has already shown his ability to get the most out of players and a program."

Thank you for clarifying that for some of these idjuts....

wait Plato... so we were or were not 16-15 and 8-10?***

Mar 20, 2015, 9:09 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

My concern is "high major guy" and "learning curve" comments

Mar 20, 2015, 8:11 AM

amidst what sounds like a list of excuses. Maybe he was just having a less than confident moment or maybe just didn't have time to think about getting the right message out or maybe, and I hope this isn't the case, he's just not the right guy. I know we aren't a coach's gift to basketball, but we have had guys come in and show ability to "coach up" what we do have if you use the measuring stick as tournament qualification and performance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Mar 21, 2015, 9:32 PM

My intent here is not to throw 'our coach' or players under the bus… my handle conveys pretty much where this is headed! It's bad enough based on 'fans' who do just that. I and most of us try to look past 'them' for those more positive encouraging comments in a thread that have measurable substance for why we should see the glass as being MORE than half full! But, when some fans distinguish themselves as the ones who belittle other fans and even call them sarcastic names, then I believe MOST of us see you as being less than supportive of a program that has every right to believe we are headed in the right direction. Are you for real as a fan when you start attacking your own family? IMO, that's the lowest level. That kind of behavior would have me taken out behind the woodshed for an old-fashioned blistering from my daddy's belt! KUDOS to those who took time to check the records assuring the substance is there to indicate that the program is indeed, headed in the right direction. BTW, anyone suggesting a CLEMSON coach is mocking his employer 'all the way to the bank'… that's an insult again to those who brought our coach into the Clemson Family. We are very fortunate to have a coach with integrity. He is a human being and will grow from the honest mistakes he makes (last time I checked, we all fall into the HB category) and I can only hope we, too, will grow from the mistakes we make like those that appear from frustrated human beings. Sorry, cannot honor you with the label "FAN" when you cannot be anymore positive than what 'some' demonstrate.

GO TIGERS!

2015/16.....NCAA TOURN, or BUST!*

Mar 22, 2015, 3:49 PM

Go get Greg Marshall!

I know, it would take over $2M to get him, probably unlikely

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic