Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Couple of absolute GEMS off of ESPN today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,768

Couple of absolute GEMS off of ESPN today

Aug 19, 2019, 8:21 PM

1. Clemson Tigers

The path to the playoff is a pretty simple one for Clemson: Show up to all 13 games.

OK, OK, so there's probably a little more that goes into it. It would sure help if Trevor Lawrence stays healthy all year and Jackson Carman blossoms at left tackle and the new faces on the defensive front -- K.J. Henry, Xavier Thomas, Nyles Pinckney -- play a lot like the old faces on the defensive front, but in the world of "if" questions that teams face in August, there's probably not a coach in America who wouldn't take that set over his own.

Heck, even if Lawrence gets hurt, Chase Brice showed last year he can do enough for the Tigers to win. And even if the D takes a somewhat hefty step back from last year, that offense could be far better. And that schedule -- the Tigers' two toughest games will be in the can by Week 4, and in no game are they likely to be less than a double-digit favorite.

In fact, it's that schedule that is the most likely thing to trip up Clemson in its seemingly inevitable march to a fifth straight playoff berth. How does Dabo Swinney keep a team this good motivated when the entire country is predicting a 12-0 regular season? And if a trap game bites the Tigers, is there enough meat left on the résumé to ensure the committee overlooks a stumble? -- David M. Hale

2. Alabama Crimson Tide

Get ready to hear how easy Alabama has it this year. Getting Duke without a returning starting quarterback and South Carolina as the cross-division draw is a gift.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27389095/how-ap-top-25-team-makes-college-football-playoff

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Couple of absolute GEMS off of ESPN today

Aug 19, 2019, 8:25 PM

I dont like Duke but would love to see them beat Bama. It would be fun to watch some media shills head explode

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would also be fun if I found $1 million on my way to work

Aug 20, 2019, 7:15 AM

Both have about the same chance of happening. I like Cutcliffe but unfortunately he’s about to be used as a punching bag for Bama to take 8 months of aggression out on.

Aug 20, 2019, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Couple of absolute GEMS off of ESPN today ]

If they stay within 4 TDs of Alabama I would be surprised.
Alabama has that proverbial " chip on their shoulders " thing going .

David Cutcliffe is catching them at the worst possible time . Gonna be a really bad day for the Dooks .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Duke - Bama will be 35-3 at halftime

Aug 20, 2019, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Couple of absolute GEMS off of ESPN today ]

And finish like 49-10 or something. Tua will play about 35 minutes.

All Duke had to do is copycat stuff other people

Aug 20, 2019, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Couple of absolute GEMS off of ESPN today ]

Did to them

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You expected logical statements from eSECpn today?***

Aug 19, 2019, 10:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Aug 20, 2019, 8:33 AM

If I remember correctly, the shills at ESPN were talking about how A&M was going to run over Duke when Johnny Manziel was the QB at A&M. But - it took a Heisman type play at the end of the game for A&M to pull it off.

I think Duke will score on them.

I agree that the Crimson Tired will win but I think it will be a frustrating day for Saban.

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,768
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic