Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know nothing about this Burch thing but it sounds drama filled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I know nothing about this Burch thing but it sounds drama filled

Dec 19, 2019, 10:05 AM

I think im too far behind on the story to catch up. Anyone have the abridged version?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know nothing about this Burch thing but it sounds drama filled

Dec 19, 2019, 10:06 AM

Gamecocks are bad at football

Dec 19, 2019, 10:09 AM

He chose the coots. I was told he had to wait til feb to sign(Huntley also) cause their grades won't count or something or other to do with SCISA.. Also some in his family were still in contact with other schools even after his commitment time. So more drama and none that concerns us cause we landed a defensive line class for the ages.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I know Clemson offered him, but it sounds like

Dec 19, 2019, 10:16 AM

it's good he didn't sign with us. He sounds like a drama queen with a family full of drama queens.

I know he's not the only one, but I hate these stupid commitment conferences. They're just symptoms of a societal narcissism complex. And then the Lebron-esque verbiage . . ."I'm taking my academic, and athletic talents to . . ." [eye roll] gimmie a ###(n) break.

Couldn’t disagree more. He has been quiet has never appeared to jerk our

Dec 19, 2019, 10:24 AM

Chain and give warm fuzzies. If it’s his family, then it’s his family. The media and fan bases for not getting what they want and when they want are the cause of any drama. If their is something weird about how scisa does their grades then also not his fault. There is drama surrounding his recruitment. But give me one action or one comment that he has done or said that makes him a drama queen. If he chose sc then I’m sorry for him but he’s a kid.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Couldn’t disagree more. He has been quiet has never appeared to jerk our

Dec 19, 2019, 10:30 AM

It can't anything to do with SCISA because all grades will not be finalized by February either.

In February, seniors still have 3 months left in school. I'm not sure how that's much different than December.

It seems like a weak line to blame it on your schools athletic organization.

Plus.. what do grades have to do with an loi?

Dec 19, 2019, 10:56 AM

An loi is a written agreement to go to a school and no other IF you can get in by admission time.

This smells of more fan drivin drama from inside secret sources

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm partly talking about the

Dec 19, 2019, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Couldn’t disagree more. He has been quiet has never appeared to jerk our ]

previous commenter's post. Family contacting folks after commitment date and whatnot. But admittedly I don't know much of those details. W

But what is melodramatic and lame (not just for him but everyone that does it), are these narcissistic press conferences for their "commitment reveal."

Re: Couldn’t disagree more. He has been quiet has never appeared to jerk our

Dec 19, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Couldn’t disagree more. He has been quiet has never appeared to jerk our ]

I agree with that - lovingit ... Certainly don’t know what went on behind the scenes - but don’t think he even visited Clemson after the cookout ? I took that to mean no serious interest in being all in ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

This was one of the less dramatic recruitments

Dec 19, 2019, 10:28 AM

Ever.

He and his mom have been silent this whole time. He took his visits and set his announcement date. He then announced on the date he set.

No swapping, videos, or misleading statements.

But he is a gamecock now so we make the funny.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 19, 2019, 10:35 AM

Sounds like he committed* (wink wink) to the cucks, but is hoping to find a UGA edition Ford Raptor under the tree this morning, compliments of Kirby Claus.. If that truck shows up (like so many of their other recruits), then he may take other visits.

It's like when a girl and a guy are "dating", but still shopping the scene to see if there's any better offers on the table.

Dec 19, 2019, 10:49 AM

Disagree and everyone has his opinion but the drama started after signing day. Made the big "event" to announce his commitment but wait, we will have another one in February. Looks to be a limelighter to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heard on ESPNU today that his family wants to sit out any...

Dec 19, 2019, 11:09 AM

...coaching changes that might occur between now and Feb. They also said "there doesn't appear to be any drama" and that he was fully committed to the "Current staff." Hmm..... that sounds like drama to me...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

We missed on a good recruit, he chose to go elsewhere. It happens.

Dec 19, 2019, 11:10 AM

No big deal, we still have the top class and will continue to build a strong program.

Dec 19, 2019, 11:31 AM

In the kids defense I wonder if he may have some mental health issues such as anxiety or depression. If so my prayers go out to him. He has offers from the best programs in the country but yet he chooses SC. That gives me an indication there may be more going on than we know.

It could have something to do with a girlfriend too. For some guys that can mess with your mind as well.

Whatever his issues may be and no matter we he decides to play I am pulling for him to be successful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 11:55 AM

Dec 19, 2019, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I know nothing about this Burch thing but it sounds drama filled ]

Wait, so a guy must have "issues" to not choose Clemson?

That's kind of a weird thing to assume.

Dec 19, 2019, 11:34 AM

Even when good things happen to the Gamecocks they end up being bad.

Story of our existence.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

The Spanish call it maldicion de pollo. No es bueno.***

Dec 19, 2019, 11:37 AM

Dec 19, 2019, 11:43 AM

This was no real drama here. The kid and his family staying airtight then entire time was the only thing that created real drama. People hate not knowing, or at least not having something to ride on. So they fill the void with comments that have no connection to what the real situation is.

I think the reality is that we haven’t been in the running for him for some time now. The media overhyped it because of early visits and the view that “why would a kid go to SC when he could be at Clemson now”.

Again, I don’t think it was really that close of a race. We should just let it go and focus on the bounty we secured.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic