Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coulda . . .Woulda . . . Shoulda!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 965

Coulda . . .Woulda . . . Shoulda!

Sep 3, 2012, 5:45 PM

Photobucket

It’s Monday . . . Labor Day . . . and I am still hoarse from Saturday. I’ve spent the day reading about our Tigers, grabbing lunch with my son, and then heading to Wally World to replenish the staples required for our first Tailgate of the 2012 season.

Reflecting during the first half of Saturday’s game, it occurred to me that I had been fortunate enough to spectate live at all three games in this series. After acknowledging such to myself, it occurred to me that the growth of our football program can be comparatively analyzed by this three game series.

Coulda: 2010 in Auburn, Alabama

The Tigers from Clemson “coulda” beat the Tigers of Auburn in this game. A two-touchdown half-time lead evaporated during the third quarter and the teams end up tied at the end of regulation and we lose in overtime. It is true that we “coulda” beat them . . . but we didn’t. Chalk it up to experience, learning curve, or what you will. Such an experience makes one wince, but became a building block for future success.

Woulda: 2011 in Clemson, South Carolina

Auburn bolted to a two touchdown lead in the first eight minutes of the game. Our Tigers “woulda” lost this game but the boys quickly got their heads on straight, self-corrected and started to implement the lessons learned from “The Chad” and his new offensive scheme. By halftime, we had tied the game at 21 points each, and go on to outscore Auburn 17-3 in the second half to win the game.

Had this game ended in another loss, we “woulda” looked back at it painfully. Instead, this win became the springboard for winning the next two games over ranked opponents (as well as an 8-0 start to the 2011 season).

Shoulda: 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia

In the Georgia Dome, our Tigers “shoulda” performed exactly as they did: Start the game and set the tone with an initial scoring drive. Bend, but don’t break, on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Charge back once our opponent has crept back into the lead. And, with finality, demonstrate on the field exactly who was the better team! This game “shoulda” been expressly what it was: a triumphant demonstration of the growing strength, attitude and focus of this team and its coaching staff.

Epilogue Time . . .

In the urban dictionary, “woulda, coulda, shoulda” means it’s no use to dwell on what might have been. However, as utilized above, it demonstrates a dedicated pattern of growth for our football program.

And I say to you, boys and girls, that this is how these things start, these things that everyone yearns for. A “Golden Era” in anything begins with a little, then a little more, and then becomes a steadfast pattern. No, it is not always seamless nor perfect, but this, my loyal Clemson friends, is fast becoming just such an era. Recognize it! Appreciate it! These are “the good ol’ days”. . . and are to be savored in all of their splendor!

Go, Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Post! You need to get those tickets framed together!***

Sep 3, 2012, 5:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 965
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic