Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Stanford's David Shaw visits Clemson, details similarities between the programs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Stanford's David Shaw visits Clemson, details similarities between the programs

Mar 28, 2015, 8:01 AM

Stanford's David Shaw visits Clemson, details similarities between the programs

Stanford head coach David Shaw is in Clemson this weekend as the guest of Dabo Swinney, and the two coaches talk with the TigerNet about their similar values and why they click. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good story

Mar 28, 2015, 8:23 AM

I have always liked David Shaw and the program he runs. I can definitely see the similarities between him and Dabo. I would love to have him coaching at Clemson in some way in the future, I doubt it would happen but you never know.

Could you imagine the explosion on here if Dabo visited

Mar 28, 2015, 10:29 AM

Shaw at Stanford and a picture was taken with him wearing a Stanford jacket?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It couldn't and shouldn't be anymore dramatic

Mar 28, 2015, 10:38 AM

than DW hanging out in Texas with a SMU shirt on. I think most are smart enough to see these situations for what they are.

Re: Could you imagine the explosion on here if Dabo visited

Mar 28, 2015, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Could you imagine the explosion on here if Dabo visited ]

Actually I would expect it, its called respect and common courtesy as a visitor on another coaches turf. Coach Shaw is at Clemson to learn about what Clemson does, and not for boasting Stanfords colors. Its known by most as mutual respect in another coaches territory. Just like when a ship of another country that docks in a US port, they fly an American flag as a friendly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GREAT & Sorry to bring this up

Mar 28, 2015, 10:40 AM

BUT, what are the race baiting C0cks gonna say now ? After they've seen that they're back to normal, they've went FULL blast trying to convince everyone that Clemson was racist,once again, THEY WERE PROVEN WRONG LOLOLOLOL

Meanwhile, USuC had the local bail bondsmen, probation officers and a Coors rep in Crack Town yesterdaypreparing for the up coming season.

Dabo should start wearing all the time

Mar 28, 2015, 10:45 AM

a black lives matter sweatshirt and really confuse the Coot fans. This would probably tick off a lot of our fanbase, though, so scratch that. :)

Coach Swinney continues to class up Clemson reputation

Mar 28, 2015, 10:46 AM

Kudos to Dabo and his staff for the ongoing upward trajectory they have placed Clemson Football and Clemson University on! A working relationship with Stanford and Coach David Shaw is just the latest 1st class example. And Stanford is a class act.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would have liked to hear what Cardinal HC thought of.......

Mar 28, 2015, 11:32 AM

The EssO Club, The HiLL, What's left of The RocK chip, DV or anything CLEMSON!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he talked about what impressed him the most

Mar 28, 2015, 11:53 AM

Do you understand that every college has traditions? And it's possible that some may not care about an old bar or FH's rock?

I'd rather hear him praise our people anyway. We already know how awesome everything else is.

Probably a bunch of coach speak

Mar 28, 2015, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Would have liked to hear what Cardinal HC thought of....... ]

Would have loved to hear what he told the players.

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think that's a good criterion for evaluating recruits

Mar 28, 2015, 11:36 AM

Would you want your own wife and young kids hanging around them?

Re: New Story: Stanford's David Shaw visits Clemson, details similarities between the programs

Mar 28, 2015, 1:52 PM

Great to see this kind of interaction. Would absolutely LOVE to see a home & home set up with our programs.

Re: New Story: Stanford's David Shaw visits Clemson, details similarities between the programs

Mar 29, 2015, 2:30 AM

Now that would be a bonus for us to pick up from coach Shaw's visit. I'm sure he didn't make the trek from Stanford to talk with HS coaches. Last October there were some clamoring about his offense struggling some what, and it was against the good teams he played against. So IMO, coach David Shaw made the trip across country to learn as much about our offense as Dabo would share with him. And he could learn a little something on how BV stifled the Oklahoma offense. But I am betting he was at Clemson picking Dabo for some offensive tips on how we run our HUNH zone read offense.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_26771310/stanford-coach-david-shaw-blames-himself-offensive-woes?source=infinite

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2015, 2:27 PM

Yea I wouldn't be surprised if they spoke about that. Hopefully Shaw gave Dabo some tips as to how Stanford gets their offensive line to be so physical.

Regardless, I'd love to see a West Coast trip in our future. It's hard to imagine a more contrasting matchup from a fanbase demographic standpoint haha.

A BC and Clemson match up is more of a contrast

Mar 30, 2015, 2:56 PM

Or a Cuse/Clemson match. At least in my experience having been to both stadiums for a Tiger game.

Re: A BC and Clemson match up is more of a contrast

Mar 30, 2015, 3:06 PM

I'm talking demographics though...while Boston is certainly much, much different than South Carolina (as a native of Massachusetts I can say this with first-hand experience), it's still not nearly as liberal as the San Francisco Bay Area.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic