»
Topic: Could sitting at home HURT OSU?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Dec 4, 2016 2:56 PM by: CLEMPZENtygurs®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Could sitting at home HURT OSU?

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 1:13 PM

They have to lay around for an entire month+ while their already struggling offense collects rust. Meanwhile we were tuning up our well oiled machine yesterday. We are going to have the chance to jump on them early and often.

Re: Could sitting at home HURT OSU?

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2016 1:14 PM

No.

We literally played 60 more minutes than them. We will wait essentially just as long, practice just as much, travel just as far.

No.

And endured injuries, an ejection that if it had been in the

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2016 1:22 PM

second half would have impacted the CFP game.

No. They took off this week while we played

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 1:23 PM

They will be rusty.

Re: No. They took off this week while we played

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 1:25 PM

The game is in a month, not like its next week

2019 student level member

Which supports my opinion

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 1:30 PM

A long delay in between games is not a good thing. I think this week will matter.

Re: Which supports my opinion

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2016 2:29 PM

I think it matters too, especially since their offense was not exactly convincing against Michigan State and Michigan.

Guys, the Buckeyes were BAD on O the last two games of the season. Against 3-8 Michigan State, Ohio State actually won 17-16...while achieving just 310 total yards of offense. JT Barrett was 10 of 22 for just 86 yards and a TD; he did run for 105 while Mike Weber added 111 but they were slogging uphill a whole lot of the game.

Against Michigan they were almost as bad. Just 330 total yards of offense, and Barrett was 15 of 32 with a pick for just 124 yards, though he did run 30 times for 125. They did win 30-27 in OT but again scored just 17 points in regulation.

You know you're never going to get anything resembling an "easy" game against Ohio State, but in terms of personnel and scheme they actually remind me strongly of Virginia Tech, and VT was a whole lot better on the perimeter with Hodges, Ford, Phillips, etc....

If we can put some scores into them, it will be...tough, IMHO, for Ohio State to win a shootout.

Re: Which supports my opinion

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 2:56 PM

Not really. Well imo. Your separating 3 weeks vs 4.
What you say could happen, you're not wrong.

Playing DA here, but it could be a extra week of prep for OSU.

2019 student level member

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: South Carolina
FOR SALE: Cocks/Clemson: Have 4 seats together in Section 16 --Lower Bowl in the Visitor Section. Row 18 so gr...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
765 people have read this post