Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lemme provide some Louisville commentary.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 524

Lemme provide some Louisville commentary.

Sep 23, 2015, 3:45 PM

1. What's up with errthing being closed at, whatever, 10pm? We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn joint a few blocks from the stadium on Thursday night. I was the first one in at 10am, and the Cardinal Hall of Fame Cafe in the same parking lot as the Hilton didn't open til 11, so I grubbed at Cracker Barrel next door. Started swilling bourbon at 11:10am at Hall of Fame Cafe, really nice sports bar, lots of TVs and hardwood (lulz), and I think "self, this will be a great place to celebrate after the game!"

Pour down the street with thousands of fans back towards the hotel, walk up to the door of Hall of Fame Cafe at 11:05pm...CLOSED. There was an NFL game on at that very moment, and this sports bar was closed. At 11pm on a Thursday. That place could have made thousands of dollars from Clemson fans alone. That had to be a manager decision, because no owner would have intentionally pulled that shit. So then we're like "OMG, I'm so hungry I could eat Arby's!" Walk to the opposite corner to Arby's...CLOSED. Look, man. You get 6, maybe 7 home games a year where tens of thousands of people are on your doorstep, clamoring for your booze and crappy sammiches. The Hilton bar was open, and full of Clemson people. The bartender stayed up with us til 3am, and started drinking with us around 2 when the last of the other tables filtered out.

And on Sunday, downtown, looking for a coffee at 3pm. Dunkin' Donuts...CLOSED. Aight, there's a Starbucks a block away. CLOSED. What in the actual fuck, Luhville?

2. TOTE, reflux spotted you at Churchill Downs, but that was the extent of that interaction. Obed, great meeting up with you at...that bar we were probably supposed to meet up at. We did run into sisofRHTig at Jeff Ruby's, and I apologized on Monday in case we were inappropriate after 14 hours of drinking. Turns out, we weren't. Will do better next time.

3. RH, what the eff, bruh? This trip was TAILORMADE for you. We killed almost 3 bottles of Woodford Double Oaked at the bar on 4th Street Live over the weekend. We even had the hot bartenders hide the bottles so nobody else would be tempted. We had every intention of going to Bardstown for the Bourbon Festival, didn't make it. Then we decided going to local distilleries would be doable, because local. Didn't make it.

4. We booked hotel rooms in South Bend for 12 consecutive weekends. That will be next year's manpass weekend.

5-11. Will discuss in more private conference at ND game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being that we were in the same venues back to back

Sep 23, 2015, 3:49 PM

and I stayed in a hotel across the street from you, I expected to be spotted. Thanks for not approaching. Saved a lot of cawkwardness.

We too experienced bizarre behavior from the luxuries Louisville had to offer. We arrived at our hotel 2 hrs after check in and our room along with 10 others were not yet cleaned. Did the influx in reservations not hint that maybe extra staff would be needed that weekend?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh PS we don't play ND next yr, whats going on in

Sep 23, 2015, 3:51 PM

Southbend?

Here's the link to prove TOTEJUAN is right.

Sep 23, 2015, 4:06 PM

We don't go to ND until 2020.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2014/10/21/clemson-notre-dame-schedule-four-football-games/17689759/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Eh, well.

Sep 23, 2015, 4:08 PM

There might have been some drinking happening when those rooms were booked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alcohol shaming should be illegal***

Sep 23, 2015, 4:10 PM

Your face seems to be suffering massive blood loss; I'll

Sep 23, 2015, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Eh, well. ]

race you to the gingers, suguhhhh.

Do you make this much sense in real life?

Sep 23, 2015, 4:14 PM

HOW DO YOU HOLD DOWN A JOB, LOUIS LE VILLE?

That's Louis XVI; I'm named after XIV. Axe hotsawce.***

Sep 23, 2015, 4:23 PM

With non-refundable airfare?

Sep 23, 2015, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Eh, well. ]

Was this booked on a cell phone flop dare at a Texas football game?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Sep 23, 2015, 4:21 PM

For all 12 weekends. I haven't told 19She yet.

Re: She's going to be so excited***

Sep 23, 2015, 4:22 PM

Oh yeah, the inlaws will wait till the fall of 2020 to bring

Sep 23, 2015, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Yes. ]

########. Good luck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO, ya think. *******

Sep 23, 2015, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Eh, well. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No paw points from you today, eh? What a shame. Lemme provid

-e some more pertinent information for you since you seem to be confused as to what direction you're actually going

Where does Bobby Petrino go after games?***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DUH.

Sep 23, 2015, 4:16 PM

He motorcycles over to his mistress' house.

Was the bar closed because Pitino was banging out

Sep 23, 2015, 4:05 PM

chicks and getting the keys to lock up from the manager?

Could have been, however, it would have been open

Sep 23, 2015, 4:15 PM

35 seconds later.

#2pumpchump
#blackkidoooooohhhhhhhhhh

RH Mom doctor appointment.

Sep 23, 2015, 4:15 PM

I really would love to have gone, but there was no other family in town that weekend, since cousin got married in Tuscany, Italy this week. Mom got a shot in the eye for macular degeneration on Thursday morning, so she can't see until usually the next day. Otherwise, I would have been there. Joonyer was supposed to go as well, but 2 weeks into new job didn't work out for him either.

Re: RH Mom doctor appointment.

Sep 23, 2015, 4:19 PM

Their bars apparently don't have to close til 4AM

Sep 23, 2015, 4:17 PM

That's actually later than Chicago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow Obed! Sounds like you had a great time.***

Sep 23, 2015, 4:40 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 524
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic