Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the ACC considering going to 9 conference games?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Is the ACC considering going to 9 conference games?

Nov 25, 2019, 11:18 AM

I think it's time to do so and get rid of the crappy 1-AA game we play each year. A few years ago it sounded like ESPN was going to require this move for the ACCN, but guess they dropped the idea.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the ACC considering going to 9 conference games?

Nov 25, 2019, 11:20 AM

I don’t know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was not well-received the first time they suggested it...

Nov 25, 2019, 11:22 AM

and this time would be no different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

it would be a refreshing change - these scrimmages against

Nov 25, 2019, 11:25 AM

1-aa scores suck. Fans should demand more for their dollar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is adamant about playing at least seven home games

Nov 25, 2019, 11:43 AM

each season. With a nine game conference schedule, every other year, Clemson would only have six home games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 25, 2019, 11:23 AM

No way

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope so and would be a win for college football and our fans who are forced to pay for a crappy game. It should be no less than nine conference games and ten games against P5 teams

Why should it be that way?***

Nov 25, 2019, 11:26 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The FBS-FCS games should be banned. They are a waste

Nov 25, 2019, 11:35 AM

of time. If no one could schedule those games, it would stop the excuse of finding no one to play in place of them.

Why are they a waste of time ?

Nov 25, 2019, 11:37 AM

Who's time?

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

they are non-competitive and suck. I'm glad you enjoy them.***

Nov 25, 2019, 11:38 AM

I a clemson fan. I'll watch clemson play any 1

Nov 25, 2019, 12:10 PM

At death valley. My preference is that 330 time slot.

But let's talk about you

Cons
FCS games are non competitive. Well most games against clemson are not competitive now adays.

DC tiger does not enjoy them . Fair enough. Footbal is entertainment. If you donate to iptay I can understand why you want to be more entertained.

Pros that I can think of.
They give clemson a 7th home game. I'm a big fan of this one.

They provide an athletic budget for most of those chools . Not a football budget... the entire sports budget. So that boring game is helping a lot of students go to school who otherwise couldn't.

They provide jobs for the coaches and administrators at those schools.

Playing 8 conference games gives clemson the opportunity to play scar every year.

Give players time to rest.

Give coaches the opportunity to try different players, plays.

I watch every game regardless of who they play. Just not

Nov 25, 2019, 1:07 PM

a fan of the FCS game. While GeeVille Tiger thinks this it's a good idea, I really don't care about helping out the other schools in SC. We already do that for the rest of the ACC.

Just to be clear, I do not ever want to see Clemson tied down with a 9 game conference schedule.

It's already bad enough that we get the random Notre Dame inserted into our schedule whenever the ACC feels like it.

Going to 9 conference games basically ensures that we only get 6 home games every other season.

I also hate to tell you, but adding a conference game is going to get rid of the Charlotte or Texas A&M game and not the Wofford game.

Clemson is going to continue scheduling in-state FCS programs to help them out.

Could get rid of the scar game as well

Nov 25, 2019, 11:31 AM

The sec went through this as well . Uga, Florida, South Carolina, and Kentucky all said if the 9 conf game went into effect, they would consider dropping their rivalry game

Yeah, folks seem to be thinking it'd mean better games

Nov 25, 2019, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Is the ACC considering going to 9 conference games? ]

But lets be honest we're going to protect our 7 home games for financial reasons. That means probably less home/away series against major non conference opponents. Likely we'd just be substituting that new home/away rotation against the ninth ACC opponent.

Is that really an upgrade?

Nov 25, 2019, 11:29 AM

The only people complaining about this are the Big 10, Big 12, and Pac 12. The Big 12 does it well...because they don't have 12 teams.

The others do it because they are too cheap to pay for a OOC game. Also, look at who they schedule OOC. I don't see the Big 10 playing a lot of ACC, SEC, Big12 games during the regular season. They are playing NE and Mid West patsies as well.

F'm. Stick with what we have.

Nov 25, 2019, 11:48 AM

How many Power5 opponents did the B10's top SIX teams schedule as their OOC slate?

Iowa VS Iowa St
Ped State vs Pitt
Mich vs Notre Shame (Really not a P5 but giving them some doubts)
31-0hio: 0
Wisc: 0
Minn: 0

THAT IS IT. 3 Games vs Power5 opponents between SIX teams. Some even scheduled powerhouses like UCONN or MyHammie of Ohio in addition to their slate of Rutgers/Maryland.

Just saying that Clemson does as many P5 opponents in one year as some do in several years.

Nov 25, 2019, 11:44 AM

The ACC does nothing to help or encourage FB to become stronger in the ACC, so why add another dead beat team to our FB schedule. I so wish that before I leave this world, that the ACC conference would go bankrupt and turn belly up. Spit all the teams up and make a power 4, do that or get rid of Swofford and everybody above and below him. Put in people that believes that FB in the ACC can be their biggest money maker, and drive FB as hard or harder than any of the other college sports. And make it so that schools are paid a share by what they put into it, and not a dime more!!! It's pathetic that all ACC schools get an equal share of every dime that Clemson brings into FB by winning at the highest level of FB!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic