Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could This Have Been A Notre Dame Recruiting Ploy?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Could This Have Been A Notre Dame Recruiting Ploy?

May 7, 2020, 3:40 PM

Evan Pryor, a 4**** RB from North Carolina, has been a Notre Dame commit for quite some time. He is probably a good RB in his own right but I wonder if the Irish thought Pryor was a key in luring Shipley to South Bend. From what I read on one of the Notre Dame boards, the two were good friends and several posters thought this was a key element in attracting Shipley to the Irish.

Well, this old boy really blew it. I've had the three schools, CLEMSON, ohio state, and notre dame on my mind re these recruiting battles. That's the best excuse I can come up with at the moment. Since I was caught with my fingers in the cookie jar, I will self impose a sentence of keeping my fingers out of the cookie jar for 15 minutes. That equates to guilty sentence for a Level One violation.

Now, on a serious note, there are reports that some fans of other schools are saying Shipley is overrated and was afraid to play in the SEC. I find it amazing that when a prospect signs with his/her school, the prospect is No. 1, but if he signs with another school, suddenly his stock drops and he is overrated.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could This Have Been A Notre Dame Recruiting Ploy?

May 7, 2020, 4:07 PM

Evan Pryor is committed to Ohio State so I doubt it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Joe had a good one going.................***

May 7, 2020, 5:05 PM

And Joe had a good one going.................***

May 7, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Could This Have Been A Notre Dame Recruiting Ploy? ]

May 9, 2020, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Could This Have Been A Notre Dame Recruiting Ploy? ]

Yeah, but OSU is a couple hundred miles closer to Notre Dame than Clemson is!

May 7, 2020, 5:34 PM

Our other RB commit Phil is good friends with Will and they talked about playing together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 8, 2020, 5:25 AM

They don't recruit at the level that would allow them to arbitrarily use Pryor as a pawn; nor does Shipley warrant such a move-ND is lucky to have Pryor-

May 9, 2020, 7:14 AM

I remember people from other schools saying we only offered Gallman and Kamara to try to lure Nkemdiche. We came out on top and dodged a bullet on that one, and we ended up with Carter too in the end.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic