Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Costa Rica.net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 445

Costa Rica.net

Aug 2, 2018, 2:56 PM

ok folks.....I've narrowed it down for fall break. Gonna fly into San Jose and target somewhere in the vicinity of Manuel Antonio beach.....looks like some nice areas there---Dominicalito, Uvita, etc. I know we got a bunch of world travelers round here----anyone hit this part of CR before?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Costa Rica.net

Aug 2, 2018, 3:04 PM

Was in CR back in Jan. Great vacation and a beautiful country.

We (my family) stayed right in the MA/Quepos area and loved it. Beautiful area and tons of wildlife. We stayed there 3 nights then went up to the Cloud Forest (Monteverde) for 3 nights and the the Volcano/Hot Springs area (Arenal) for 3 nights. Was about a 3 hour drive to each of the locations. I would recommend this bc you see different areas of the country each with their own characteristics. Be happy to help if I can.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2018, 3:06 PM

Oh....If you stay in the MA area know that there are not many hotels that have their own private beach access. We stayed in one of the few that does have beach access which was nice. Most of the hotels/homes are up in the mountainside with a walk/drive to the beach.

thank you a;dliads;lfj39 I'll send you a t-mell.***

Aug 2, 2018, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Costa Rica.net ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2018, 3:07 PM

Love the beaches down there

Aug 2, 2018, 3:09 PM

Sorry, can't help you with anything else. We typically stay on our Nordhavn and have our chef prepare the local fresh fish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bruh, while this post might sound Pawless-esque,

Aug 2, 2018, 3:12 PM

it's far from it. It's not even low level humblebrag.

Free plane tickets (thanks Southwest), a house is $200/night. Everything else is dirt cheap...

This trip is going to cost me less than a decent place in Florida.

(Except for Passports----I'm a little PO'd about them. Had to renew mine and wife's, and get new ones for kids.....dammm near $500 for all 4 of us----ridiculous).

I've heard it's pretty cheap

Aug 2, 2018, 3:17 PM

Probably the cost of a weekend in Charleston. I kind of remember why we quit going to the SC coast all those years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2018, 3:29 PM

Went to Costa Rica with a bunch of friends back in '15.

We spent a week in Tamarindo at the Jardin del Eden Boutique Hotel. It was baller as hail.

Then we drove in to San Jose and spent a few nights a decent hotel, maybe a Wyndam or something.

We went to the Casa del Habana in San Jose. That's the official Cuban cigar store.

We sat around and smoked primo Cubans and drank primo liquor and played chess and sat on leather chairs. It was pretty dang cool. We were the only ones in there.

We also did some zip lining which was fun.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

So, yeah.........

Aug 2, 2018, 3:34 PM

that sounds like a lot more fun than I'll be having.

Re: So, yeah.........

Aug 2, 2018, 4:36 PM

A friend of mine married a Costa Rican girl and we had a "destination wedding". It was a lot of money, but when we split it up, it wasn't so bad. Definitely more extravagant that I'm used to.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

is that anywhere near elliston***

Aug 2, 2018, 4:21 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You go to Mullins and head due South.***

Aug 2, 2018, 6:01 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 445
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic