Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biggest bust potential at QB ??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Biggest bust potential at QB ??

Apr 26, 2019, 9:18 AM

Jones from Dook

or

Haskins from BuckNutt U

I'll take Haskins ... I think he's Jamarcus Russell light ... plus the Redskins owner was "enamored with him".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biggest bust potential at QB ??

Apr 26, 2019, 9:20 AM

Kyler Murray

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Apr 26, 2019, 9:33 AM

Although Haskins might end up being a bust due to being in Washington.

TBH, Jones was the only QB I liked in this draft. Haskins and Murray both played in simplified air raid/spread systems. They had stupid talent around them and went against bad defenses.

Jones was tasked to do a ton as a QB under Cutcliffe. He had mediocre talent around him and faced very good competition. He looked excellent against Clemson, but his OL was a revolving door.

I think the Giants just found the next Alex Smith.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Apr 26, 2019, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Biggest bust potential at QB ?? ]

no!bentley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 26, 2019, 9:21 AM

Jones is the next Matt Ryan and you heard it from me.

Haskins is good but I just don't think he will play well against great defenses. Will do ok against the lesser defenses though.

Kyler is the bigger bust imo. They think he will be like Mahomes and yet he goes to a team with no oline or dline. Yea, good luck!

Jones from Duke.

Apr 26, 2019, 9:22 AM

Deceptively weak for a large person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, when they started talking about Daniel Snyder signing

Apr 26, 2019, 9:23 AM

this kid or bust, just like he did with Robert Griffin (another colossal bust), my first reaction was 'uh-oh'. Snyder is nothing but a moron w/ money.

I'll give Snyder credit

Apr 26, 2019, 10:26 AM

for not trading up and losing multiple draft picks to get Haskins. He waited on him to come to him and got him. He then wisely traded up later in the round to get Mont. Sweat from Mississippi St. That was a good pick in my opinion. However Redskins need an Oline bad! Hopefully Haskins can sit for a year and let Alex Smith (if healthy) teach him.

I'm a Redskins fan and I wasn't disappointed with our picks last night. Usually I'm screaming at them (they don't listen). but the last 3 drafts they've been somewhat good. Our D-line should be good for the next few years. Now we just need to focus on the O-line.

Daniel Jones from Duke... He's a 3rd round talent...

Apr 26, 2019, 9:40 AM

who was given first round hype by the talking heads like Mel Kiper just because he was coached by David Cutcliffe.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oddly, I don't believe that either of these will be a bust.

Apr 26, 2019, 9:43 AM

They may not be superstars, but I think both will be fully serviceable pro quarterbacks.

The NFL as a whole is really a league searching for QB's. With the shift toward the college offenses now, what used to be a good NFL quarterback is not as much in demand. Nowhere is this more in evidence than in Arizona, which just last year drafted the "prototypical" NFL QB in Josh Rosen, and in one year has now moved on to the spread offense style, with Kyler Murray. Rosen may become a man without a country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the record, I'm not saying Jones will be good. To me,

Apr 26, 2019, 9:48 AM

he's Eli Manning light, and that's not a compliment. But Washington has bad juju all over it because of Daniel Snyder. I'd love to know what Snyder offered the Giants behind closed doors to take Jones instead of Haskins.

STAFFORD***

Apr 26, 2019, 10:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Biggest bust potential at QB ?? Jake Bentley

Apr 26, 2019, 10:29 AM

That is all.

Apr 26, 2019, 10:44 AM

I think Jones is the best QB we faced this year. Glad he played for Dook and not Bama.

As for the biggest bust, Murray is going to disappoint IMO. He might not last one season once he starts. Another Cardinal FAIL.

Apr 26, 2019, 10:45 AM

If Snyder would just hire Steve Spurrier to coach his new QB...oh wait...

Apr 26, 2019, 10:52 AM

None of the QB's taken yesterday will become franchise QB's IMO. The guy from Duke probably has the most NFL potential due to his physical build if he can continue developing the rest of his game under Eli's wing for a few years before being thrown into the fire. I may be proven wrong, but I personally wouldn't have used a first round selection on any of these guys.

Optics from Haskins camp would be troubling if I was a GM

Apr 26, 2019, 11:23 AM

Girlfriend more interested in filing or showing off nails, Haskins slouching with headphones on, charging strangers $50 a head to be part of his bowling alley entourage, grammatically challenged tweets. Scene just reeks of entitlement and more interest in the lifestyle and notoriety rather than putting in the work

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction: If I were.....Nm ***

Apr 26, 2019, 11:26 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 11:44 AM

life long Giants fan and not happy but I hope I am wrong

He did nothing against CLEMSON

not Eli or Patton that is for sure but we will see

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic