Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers control their own destiny after another wild weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 151

New Story: Tigers control their own destiny after another wild weekend

Oct 22, 2017, 9:01 AM

Tigers control their own destiny after another wild weekend

Another wild weekend of college football is in the books, and all of the teams ahead of Clemson in the polls won their games. That includes Alabama (the Tide haven’t played a team with any kind of pulse since Deondre Francois was hurt in the opener), Penn St., TCU, and Wisconsin.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction

Oct 22, 2017, 9:15 AM

Great article! Minor edit in closing.

they stepped on Michigan’s throat and stopped.

Should be

they stepped on Michigan’s throat and stomped.

Or

they stepped on Michigan’s throat and kept squeezing for 60 minutes.

Burn comment after reading please

Re: New Story: Tigers control their own destiny after another wild weekend

Oct 22, 2017, 9:26 AM

Divid, you hit the nail on the head! My sentiments exactly!

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 9:52 AM

Hope you feel the same way about Clemsons poor play calling then too. Everything you stated in the article Clemson does also. Usually calling a screen on second and long, no passes farther than 10 yards, subbing out the starters when they are up 3 touchdowns instead of making sure the starters are 100% ready and running on all cylinders. If Clemson doesn't step it up then last Friday won't be the only loss they get this season. The players and coaches have to realize how great they can be so they can obtain all there goals. If not we will continue to hear the crap the Paul Finebaums of the world spew out of there sec pleaser.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 10:52 AM

Agreed. This is the Tiger offense in a nutshell and not just this year either. While we win games (we cannot complain) there have been more than enough close calls to keep playing agressive. Not sure you can even call the offense an up tempo offense at times.

This year I think we need to go more tempo to gain the advantage on offense more consistently.

Oct 22, 2017, 2:56 PM

Yeah I know it not good to complain but I like to voice my frustrations will people who I think could be like minded. I'm always happy to win but my heart doesn't like being put through the wringer week in and week out. I love this team, school, and area. I just wish they would play like every week is a National Championship game.

Oct 23, 2017, 1:20 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers control their own destiny after another wild weekend ]

Sadly, I have to agree bc of late it truly seems that our players and coaches isn't taking their jobs very serious. After our loss with Pitt our guys were fighting mad after that game, and now our guys are talking like they feel sorry for them selves. Not yet have I read of our players saying they had to go back to work and get serious and play solid Clemson FB, that they know they can go out and dominate the way they know they can do when hit in the mouth, they can come back and hit harder. The fire this team has had the past few years just don't seem to be there. They are not playing like they know there is a Target on their backs that other programs use to measure how good they are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 10:15 AM

A symptom of a lack of leadership, but we may still hear those fighting words. A lot of week left to get that from Dorian O'D. (or D.O.D., dept of Def.), CW, etc.

There is a lot we do not know about when the mics are off. I could see them being enraged to be beaten by a team they beat last year 54-0. I can see them taking it out on all of the rest of our opponents, like last year, but Pitt was maybe a step or two beyond Syracuse this year. So possibly a little more urgency and aggression from a greater disappointment?

And someone above mentioned play-calling- we need do need to stomp on their throats when we have the lead. It is very unnerving having the game sealed in the early 3rd period, for example, and letting them back in it. ###! And doesn't that take away from our 1st and 2nd stringers getting a full game as to keep them in game shape when they are needed to play all game?

Oct 22, 2017, 10:22 AM

Good read DH. We have no margin with one loss if our goal is to go to the ACC-C game, and I know it is. That too is a must win to make The CFP.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 10:24 AM

Good read DH. We have no margin with one loss if our goal is to go to the ACC-C game, and I know it is. That too is a must win to make The CFP. Tigers can do it.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 10:30 AM

Nothing has changed since last weekend.Tigers win out and there is a third National Championship in football.

WF's prevent offense also cost them the game against FSU

Oct 22, 2017, 11:00 AM

They need to get a play caller that has a pair.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, that playcalling coach looks like a nerd, with glasses

Oct 22, 2017, 7:03 PM

and everything.

Oct 22, 2017, 12:41 PM

Great article and your opinions on the prevent offense and defense are exactly how I feel, and def think clemson needs to stop doing both I've seen both a lot with this staff, more prevent OFFENSE which I hate and think it does nothing but hurt you. How many times have we gone up atleast 14 and just holding on to win (UL last year was up like 21, ND the year b4 tho the hurricane might have ayed role in that one, VT ACC title game and more) we won but had leads and some came down to goal line or 4th down stops bc we stop attacking on offense. 3 and outs hurt the defense a lot ask bama. We need to start being more aggressive on offense run the ball more NOT JUST WITH KB, feaster and etienne had 12 carries combined I think vs cuse yet they both had 30+ TD runs. Are backs are too good to give them only 12 carries. Each need atleast 12 carries a piece minimum blows my mind sometimes this year, seen way more bubble screens too that aren't working idk what's up with play calling but seems to be getting more and more conservative.

Oct 22, 2017, 1:14 PM

FSU is 2-3 in the ACC rather than 0-3, right?

Oct 22, 2017, 2:39 PM

> FSU is 2-3 in the ACC rather than 0-3, right?

0-3 at home

Oct 22, 2017, 2:57 PM

We'll be hungry when we play GT. Death Valley is gonna be rockin'.

Cuse did not control own destiny. Coulda been a 3-way tie.

Oct 22, 2017, 3:02 PM

If Cuse, Clemson, & NCSU won out, there would have been a 3-way tie in the Atlantic, and Clemson would have likely been selected by the ACC's contracted selection committee (due to rank and SOS, for the tie-breaker) to play in the ACCCG.

Not exactly...

Oct 22, 2017, 3:55 PM

Technically, NC State was the only team that controlled its own destiny as they hadn't (and still haven't) lost a conference game. If Syracuse, Clemson and NC State all won-out (except for a NC State loss to Clemson) there would've been a three-way tie which, probably favors Clemson... probably. However, if, in the scenario above, NC State were to lose a second game Clemson and Syracuse would tie and Syracuse would own the head-to-head. We literally would be relying on the team that choked against S.Carolina to not choke again.

Last week we were looking at needing to win our remaining conference games AND hope that the tie breaker falls our way OR that Syracuse would lose another conference game while NC State wouldn't. Now we just have to win the next three conference games and we're division champions.

-Moon

Oct 22, 2017, 4:25 PM

If "Cuse would have won their game"
Give me a break. They just lost their 4th game of the season, including a loss to Middle Tennessee. Clemson's loss to them is inexcusable, and the fact that the coaches didn't seem to have a viable game plan is worse.

Still unhappy that Hunter did not get a chance in that game. With Trevor coming in next year i would not be surprised if we loose him. Don't think the coaches have given him the chance he deserves this year.

Also, i do not agree that if the Tigers win out they control their destiny.I think there are a number of viable scenarios that can play out that even if we run the table we are on the outside looking in.

Would love to see them back in the CFB playoffs, but i do not think it will happen this year. Hope i am wrong.

Oct 23, 2017, 10:32 AM

I think the only way we get shunned is if UGA beats Bama in the SECCG, OSU beats PSU (and both finish 12-1 and 11-1, respectively with OSU winning the B1G, and TCU and ND winning out.

Then:
1. They are not leaving a 1-loss Bama out, nor the SEC champs in 12-1 UGA
2. OSU makes it with PSU at 5 or 6
3. Undefeated TCU is in, no doubt
4. NDs schedule is quite strong and they will get a chance if they are close

With that, bracket would have UGA, Bama, TCU, and OSU, with ND possibly. That even excludes the Pac12 champ, but they are most likely to be left out anyway.

We need Bama to win out, PSU to win out after B1G carnage, and some losing for those after, including ND and TCU.

We are no lock even if we do win out, but our schedule is good enough to qualify us.

If Clemson wins out, we're in the CFP... Not debatable.***

Oct 23, 2017, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers control their own destiny after another wild weekend ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Clemson wins out, we're in the CFP... Not debatable.***

Oct 23, 2017, 11:41 AM

Not true
IF UGA, PSU, and TCU run the table and go 13-0. That means ccommittee is pick between 1-loss CLEM (to Syracuse) and 1-loss BAMA (who lost to #1 UGA)

you think the committee picking CLEM over BAMA is "not debatable"?

Our "only" hope in that scenario is the committee saying "CLEM is undefeated with KB finishing the game

and btw, I wouldn't rule out the committee taking 1-loss UGA if it were close with BAMA

Oct 23, 2017, 11:18 AM

I've griped about the "Prevent Defense" for many years and how it has cost us games and many near losses or closer than needed wins. I hadn't thought to call our Offense a "Prevent Offense" though, but that is just what we have had for too long, too. I get the importance of playing lots of players, but I prefer to put them in when we have 3 TD leads later in the games. That would still give them valuable PT, but not let us lose face with close wins. A win is a win, but style points count nowadays, and as we saw vs Pitt last year and vs Syracuse this year, it is playing with fire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic