Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's funny that UNC is given all this credit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

It's funny that UNC is given all this credit

Dec 2, 2015, 10:09 AM

But honestly, they haven't played anyone with any significance. They are 63rd in SOS. We are a more consistent team, and will show that consistency this weekend. We have carefully been playing our younger guys throughout the year. They will be ready this weekend.

http://www.winsipedia.com/north-carolina/vs/clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's funny that UNC is given all this credit

Dec 2, 2015, 10:14 AM

Yeah I'm loving all the love they are giving the holes. It's like we are just gonna show up, go through the motions and play dead.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC is good at gaining credits.***

Dec 2, 2015, 10:56 AM

Sos is also just a poll

Dec 2, 2015, 10:14 AM

Any team that can win 11 games in a row is good, no matter who they play.
Plus this is a championship game. There is something legit and tangible on the line.

You do get trophies and stadium banners for winning a conference champ game. Way more to play for than just another win, pride, or bragging rights.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

But, But, SEC gives out

Dec 2, 2015, 10:21 AM

5th Place Rings!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sos is also just a poll

Dec 2, 2015, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Sos is also just a poll ]

I respectfully disagree. 2 FCS wins in a schedule, only one (barely) top-25 ranked opponent, and not playing more than one team with a top-25 defense doesn't constitute a great team. SOS is more than just "a poll". Plowing through high school / unranked teams for 10 weeks isn't proportionate to the amount of love they're receiving. There are teams with 1-2 losses in the top 20 right now that have had to fight tooth & nail to get to where they are and would absolutely destroy UNC. They went from what, #23 to #10 in 3 weeks with wins over VT, Miami, and NC State?

Clemson also played 2 fcs schools

Dec 2, 2015, 10:48 AM

And that top 25 opponent is based off a poll which is an opinion.

Either way. . Poll, no poll, power ranking, eye test, yada yada yada.

Each year we actually see in wins and losses that is is difficult to win 11 games in a season.

If you do, you certainly have to be a good team. We have also seen time and again that teams do not care about stats or rankings.

Especially in champ games.

Unc has played their way to where they are. They didn't get voted or polled to 11 wins.

They certainly Are more than good enough to win Saturday.

I tend to go with the real experts on these things instead of the polls , sos, power index, eye test bs that the media toys with. The real experts are the odds guys in Vegas who are correct far more than the media.

They say poll number 1 Clemson by 5.5 0ver poll number 10 unc which tells me unc has got to have something good going for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Clemson only played 1 FCS team.

Dec 2, 2015, 10:56 AM

UNC, BC, and Army are the only FBS teams who played 2 FCS schools this season.

Srry forgot app st moved up.***

Dec 2, 2015, 11:09 AM

Re: Clemson also played 2 fcs schools

Dec 2, 2015, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Clemson also played 2 fcs schools ]

All good points, I just think they had to work a lot less harder than most in their positioning within the rankings, that's where SOS comes into play. Is it hard to get 11 wins in a season? Absolutely. But it's certainly easier when your opposition is less-than-stellar.

And not to sound as if I'm getting a kick by disagreeing with you lol, I wouldn't follow any Vegas line with absolute certainty. If picking the lines was an exact science, there would be a lot more smiling faces on Monday mornings. The "experts" in Vegas expected us and Miami to be tight, it was a #### show. Those numbers always favor the book and aren't without flaws.

But lastly, you're completely right in stating they do have the ability to win against us Saturday night, any team does. I've watched 3 of their games this season though and if we bring it, they don't stand a chance. I expect us to pour water all of their fire this weekend. Enjoy the rest of your week!

I certainly hope you're correct. Will make

Dec 2, 2015, 11:23 AM

The trip more enjoyable.

You're right about Vegas. They may be right more than the media but I don't trust them enough to put my money on the line.

It's nothing new their players have been getting bogus

Dec 2, 2015, 10:18 AM

credit for years.

Depends on how you look at it.

Dec 2, 2015, 10:25 AM

I like the attention UNC is getting. Otherwise, going 8-0 against ACC teams is meaningless. I'm sick of the "weak ACC" narrative. They've won 11 straight, if that doesn't mean anything in the ACC then we are the weakest conference.

They're big hold back is playing two FCS schools and losing the 1st game to usuck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree for sure

Dec 2, 2015, 10:26 AM

and we have played 5 teams they have played. I'm not downplaying the ACC, but I think the two FCS schools is really key

I've got then with an OOC sched ranked 124 out of 128.

Dec 2, 2015, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Depends on how you look at it. ]

And their conference schedule ranked 67th.

I do have the ACC as the weakest "Power 5" by a good margin. Mainly because their OOC win percentage collectively is the lowest by a good margin.

According to my ratings, only three teams have had an easier

Dec 2, 2015, 10:35 AM

conference schedule, in a Power 5 conference: Iowa, Duke, and Wisconsin.

UNC has the worst total SOS of any Power 5 team, in my system.

I pretty much guarantee "they weren't that good."

Dec 2, 2015, 11:00 AM

After we beat them Saturday.
Especially on e-spin.

Correct, it won't be "Clemson beat a strong UNC team"***

Dec 2, 2015, 12:07 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive