Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pick the best 3rd down converson team:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 126
| visibility 1

Pick the best 3rd down converson team:

Oct 13, 2014, 7:56 AM

A) Mississippi State
B) Penn State
C) Georgia
D) Oklahoma State
E) Michigan
F) BYU
G) Boston College
H) Stanford
I) Louisvile
J) Oklahoma
K) Duke
L) LSU
M) Texas
N) Miami

or,

Clemson?

Yep, move Clemson to the top of that list.

Notes:
i) You can fail or fumble from under center JUST AS EASILY as you can from the shorgun.
ii) Neither formation gives you better push on the LOS
iii) You can get to the LOS virtually just as fast from either formation.
iv) Just for example, we scored 3 times from less than 2 yards against FSU, one of the most talented defenses in the country, albeit one of the times the refs missed it.

This offensive has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt it's one of the best offensive staffs in the United States. We've been a top 10 offensive team and a top 10 program, winning more games than all except 7 teams since 2011. I'm pretty sure we know what we're doing.

Does that mean we call precisely the right play in every situation? NO. But then again, does anyone or has anyone ever? Again the answer is NO.

It's all fun to discuss things and stuff, but let's not lose the sight of the fact that nobody on this website or radio knows our personnel how to run an offense better than the guys we have at the helm. Please stop with the hindsight playcalling, "we should have blah, blah, blah..".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where are the numbers to back this up?

Oct 13, 2014, 8:24 AM

And why were these particular teams chosen? Not disagreeing, but one can dictate almost any outcome they want by selectively choosing their data. How does our short yardage offense rank in the one hundred and however many FBS teams there are now?

GO TIGERS!!!!!

The numbers are widely available via numerous stats websites

Oct 13, 2014, 2:04 PM

and I chose those teams because you would think of them as having a better 3rd down conversion rate. Most of them are teams which are traditionally more "power" teams and end up in more short yardage situations.

There is no skewing or dictating of the data. It is exactly what it is. Even with our still-developing, and injured OL we are better on 3rd downs than those teams.

Point is, whether it's under center, shotgun, wildcat, or razzle-dazzle, you should do what you do best. In the last two years, we have done that to the tune of two top 10 offenses and two top 10 program rankings, and we're 8th in wins since 2011. You don't do that by not knowing what you're doing on offense.

We can and do get bunches of first downs and TDs from our typical offense. There was nothing to say we needed to change it going into Louisville, and that includes FSU. We scored two TDs from 2 yards or less from the shotgun, and a 3rd missed prior to the bad snap. We missed a 4th down in that game, but THAT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE, especially when you're playing teams with some of the best talent in the country and your OL is getting blown up during sure run plays.

In HINDSIGHT of the UL game, yeah, we need to find something more effective as we travel to BC. But too, whether it's under center, wildcat, new plays from the shotgun, or simply better blocking, there is no set way or better way to do it. Bottom line is, us as fans have no clue. To suggest as if it's a no-doubter, "we need to be under center", that's silly. Every Saturday and every Sunday since the game was invented, some teams miss 3rd and 4th and shorts or fumble snaps under center etc.

That's all I'm sayin.

Re: The numbers are widely available via numerous stats websites

Oct 15, 2014, 6:02 AM

Through 6 games our defense has given up 15.8 Net Points per game and they have scored in 4 of the six games. Our offense has scored 31 Net Points per game.

In our last 5 losses, the offense only averaged 17.2 points.

Offensive points in last 5 losses:
2012 SC-17
2013 FS-14, SC-17
2014 GA-21, FS-17

I am not being overly critical of the offense but I find the lack of points (17.2) in those 5 losses to be surprisingly low considering our talent and the type of offense we run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, funny how tough defenses make it harder to score...

Oct 15, 2014, 12:17 PM

2012:
SC-17. #13 scoring defense @ 18.2 pts/game. We had two huge turnovers.

2013:
FS-14. #1 scoring defense @ 12.1 pts/game.
SC-17. #12 scoring defense @ 20.3 pts/game. We had 6 turnovers

2014:
GA-21. #13 scoring defense @ 18.0 pts/game. We dropped passes and struggled with our now 2nd string QB and a true freshman seeing his first college action
FS-17. Allowing 20.7 pts/game. We missed several kicks and the refs missed a TD call.

Clemson, Overall Scoring Offense:
2011: #23
2012: #6
2013: #8

53rd in the country and he makes it look like we are #1...

Oct 13, 2014, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Where are the numbers to back this up? ]

This is the boldest cherry picking I have ever seen.

Not cherry picking at all...

Oct 14, 2014, 9:44 PM

Straight facts. Point is, I bet you would have guessed us behind every one of those teams..and I already touched on the issues we're having this year and the need to figure something out.

Dallas Cowboys***

Oct 13, 2014, 8:27 AM

They have a great oline, we don't***

Oct 13, 2014, 11:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop with the hindsight playcalling?

Oct 13, 2014, 2:43 PM

This is a football message bored. There is always going to be some "hindsight playcalling" posted here.

Sorry to disappoint.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Pick the best 3rd down converson team:

Oct 13, 2014, 2:44 PM

3rd down hail.

This is the issue (provided to me by someone not to be named here because he's banned and not a good poster):

^^^Nailed it.***

Oct 13, 2014, 2:45 PM

^^^ RAG Apprentice***

Oct 13, 2014, 6:57 PM

oh boy***

Oct 13, 2014, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Pick the best 3rd down converson team: ]

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

OP ain't gonna like this

Oct 13, 2014, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Pick the best 3rd down converson team: ]

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I might not like it...

Oct 13, 2014, 6:18 PM

..if I knew what the "hail" he was talking about..the bitter ol bastage that he is. :)

Re: I might not like it...

Oct 13, 2014, 6:41 PM

"Hail" is a) a way to circumvent the language filters and b) in this case, a euphemism for "erroneous."

HTH the youngsters who is dumb.

Well thanks for helping those who "is dumb", but I got that

Oct 13, 2014, 6:55 PM

part and still didn't get your nonsensical, nothing-to-do-with-anything post. Glad it gave you a sense of self-worth though. I wouldn't want to take your daily need away from you.

But really, what's up with the angst fella? Are you bitter? You seem bitter.

Re: Well thanks for helping those who "is dumb", but I got that

Oct 13, 2014, 8:16 PM

I pretty much hate the world and everyone in it. Does that answer your question?

Re: Well thanks for helping those who "is dumb", but I got that

Oct 13, 2014, 8:39 PM

Elle oh Elle

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Yeah, like I said, you got some issues and seem to think

Oct 14, 2014, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Well thanks for helping those who "is dumb", but I got that ]

exposing them on a sports message board makes you somehow a better man for it. That's pretty sad if you step back and look at it, but whatever helps you through it I guess..

By the way, I've already commented on redzone offense, a lack of cohesion and health on the offensive line, and a need to come up with something better this year.

However, red zone offense and short yardage offense are not the same thing. Cole has been bad in the redzone and Watson scores on a lot of chunk plays.

That, and you seemed to forget the fact we've been a top 10 offense and a top 10 program for two years running. You don't do that without an OC who knows what he's doing.

So really, what is it you think you were showing?

^^telling someone else they have issues.

Oct 15, 2014, 12:31 PM

That's rich.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bob, it's all fun and games to live a cyber-life here, but

Oct 15, 2014, 12:33 PM

really, what are you talking about? What issues, Bob? Please cite something..anything.

This sums it up pretty well

Oct 15, 2014, 12:36 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15996094

d@mn.. had that link already copied and was about

Oct 15, 2014, 12:37 PM

to paste it

Getting slow in your old age huh?***

Oct 15, 2014, 12:40 PM

Re: Getting slow in your old age huh?***

Oct 15, 2014, 12:41 PM

He's a good troll, I'll give him that.

He'll go all Toogie on you if you're not careful.

you're givin me flashbacks to that

Oct 15, 2014, 12:43 PM

criminal minds episode

Re: you're givin me flashbacks to that

Oct 15, 2014, 12:44 PM

I got no kids or boss, so what's he gonna use as leverage?

gotta pet??

Oct 15, 2014, 12:45 PM

nevermind... gwp's expendable

still waiting

Oct 15, 2014, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Bob, it's all fun and games to live a cyber-life here, but ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15984182

Re: Yeah, like I said, you got some issues and seem to think

Oct 15, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Yeah, like I said, you got some issues and seem to think ]

Read the first line of my post "This is the issue." No one is upset with 3rd down. Everyone is upset with redzone struggles.

Do you know what a straw man is?

Also, what bob said. You're considered certifiably crazy by essentially everyone who has ever interacted with you on this board, so there's no need for us to rehash all that for everyone to see.

how many points do you get for a 3rd down conversion?

Oct 13, 2014, 2:48 PM

maybe we actually won juan of our last two ganes?

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

There's lies, d@mn lies, and then statistics.***

Oct 13, 2014, 2:49 PM

And then there's stats that mean a lot.

Oct 14, 2014, 9:48 PM

8th in wins since CM.

Two top 10 offenses.

Two top 10 finishes.

This year we're struggling a little with one QB and a less than cohesive OL and injuries. That's a spec in the grand scheme.

I mean really, are some of you guys seriously suggesting we've have an offensive staff that doesn't know what they're doing or isn't working to fix our anomaly issues of 2014?

What about 3rd and short stats?

Oct 13, 2014, 2:49 PM

Watson has made our 3rd down numbers look great due to his passing/scrambling ability.

I don't necessarily think it's bad playcalling as much as it is our OL just can't get a push, but I have a feeling if you were able to break it down further, we'd be very good at 3rd and medium tolong, but mediocre in 3rd and short situations.

"I don't necessarily think it's bad playcalling..."

Oct 13, 2014, 6:26 PM

Agreed. When the DL is getting in your backfield, they're getting in your backfield. Period.

I don't know what the numbers show for 3rd and X to go, but again the bigger picture shows we've been one of the top offenses and top programs in country because of that offense. I imagine we've made our share of short yardage plays in order to achieve all that.

And too, like I agree, this year has seen short yardage pop up more and something needs to change. The OL is still seeking a couple players back and cohesion, and we got destroyed at the point of attack on one memorable play where they knew a running play was coming against FSU and a few against Louisville.

Point to note again is, "under center" isn't necessarily the answer. Those plays fail, and fumble and get blown up too. The answer is do what you do best or adjust to something else. The, "we gotta be under center like Danny did it" crowd need to be a little more flexible in their thinking and also step back and look at the bigger picture.

Oct 13, 2014, 3:01 PM

i) You can fail or fumble from under center JUST AS EASILY as you can from the shorgun.

we could just try it a couple times despite these indisputable facts.

but i'm just spitballin' here.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I feel that based on your logic Dabo/Chad conversations

Oct 13, 2014, 4:14 PM

would go something like this:

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Dabo/Chad conversation...

Oct 13, 2014, 6:28 PM

Dabo: "Dude, I know we've been one of the most potent offense in the world and we've made a gazillion short yardage first downs and touchdowns including FSU, but dang dude, we got blown up last Saturday. We need to come up with something new".

Chad: "Ok boss".

I believe that's actually what I said, but I enjoyed the cool little image you made.

where is the link to said gazillion short yardage and TD's

Oct 13, 2014, 8:33 PM

vs FSU?

I'll even let you go back 2 years and look

you can even add UCS and pretty big games vs UGA an UofL this year....

pretty big sample size there.... just let us know

So...basically what you are saying is...

Oct 13, 2014, 4:19 PM

It ain't gonna hurt to try something different like going under center?

Re: So...basically what you are saying is...

Oct 13, 2014, 4:31 PM

What is our rank in the "scoring from outside the RED ZONE " ?
I bet its pretty good , huh ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

since our defense is almost outscoring our offense in the

Oct 13, 2014, 4:36 PM

rz.... it better be

Pretty sure the same playcaller and staff were #1 one in

Oct 13, 2014, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: So...basically what you are saying is... ]

red zone a couple years back, plus we've scored about 10 million points and won more games than about a 120 other schools since 2011. That's a good indicator over a much larger sample size than Saturday.

This year we're a top 25 scoring team but a sucky RZ team. AGREED. Two things there - our buddy Cole hasn't scored a ton of TDs when he's running the unit, and two, Watson has tended towards more big plays.

Ultimately, if I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, YES, we need to find a way to not get blown up like we did Saturday. But it's not like "under center" is the answer either. We will see...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15980673

Rest assured, we WILL have something new. So no, I'm not saying now nor have I have ever said we shouldn't do anything.

Nope. Not at all.

Oct 13, 2014, 6:37 PM [ in reply to So...basically what you are saying is... ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15980673

Which is it....YES or NO...

Oct 13, 2014, 6:50 PM

It IS gonna hurt to try something different like going under center?

Politician or lawyer? ;)

Umm, what?

Oct 13, 2014, 6:56 PM

I think saying *we need to do something different* is fairly straight-forward and definitive, no?

Re: So...basically what you are saying is...

Oct 15, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to So...basically what you are saying is... ]

> i) You can fail or fumble from under center JUST
> AS EASILY as you can from the shorgun.
> ii) Neither formation gives you better push on the
> LOS
> iii) You can get to the LOS virtually just as fast
> from either formation.

>
> It ain't gonna hurt to try something different like
> going under center?

photo undercenter_zps8127c86a.jpg

Ranks us 1st and goal from the one

Oct 13, 2014, 6:42 PM

What is that one showing?

How many of those have we had?

Oct 13, 2014, 6:51 PM

I know we scored 3x from inside the 2 at FSU, from the shotgun (although the 3rd was missed by the refs) before the bad snap, and then we missed against Louisville. Am I missing any? Regardless, I hope you saw the half dozen times I said something needs to change going forward especially with Cole. Did you read all the stuff or just post the first thing that came to mind?

Re: How many of those have we had?

Oct 13, 2014, 6:57 PM

I did not read the whole thread because the original statement was rather flawed. We did not score 3 times, the one you said was a miss, was actually a fumble snap on the next play. Regardless of your beliefs, that is what happened. Otherwise we would not have two losses. So, unless you can get the official score changed, your point is moot!

Incorrect sir...

Oct 13, 2014, 7:01 PM

CJ Davidson most definitely scored our third TD of the game from inside the 2, prior to the bad snap, but then again, that wouldn't make anything flawed or moot even if it was incorrect. Nothing I posted has anything to do with "beliefs".

Please, if you feel the need to aimlessly argue, then at least read through all the points first. Thanks man!

Re: Incorrect sir...

Oct 13, 2014, 11:45 PM

Was it on the scoreboard?

I believe I already said...

Oct 14, 2014, 9:38 PM

The refs missed. So I ask you, did he or did not cross the goal line and did we or did we not score twice from 2 yards in, from the shotgun, against one of the most talented defenses in the country?

No, he did not ####### score

Oct 15, 2014, 2:10 AM

if he did, we would have won. You are a ####### moron.

Wow. Angry much.

Oct 15, 2014, 12:24 PM

When you cross the plane of the goal line, did you score?

If you go 85mph in a 55, but nobody catches you, did you speed?

If a bear ##### in the woods...

We crossed the goal line. Whether or not it was called a TD is irrelevant to the discussion. Fact is, we did cross the goal line from less than a yard, from the shotgun.

In addition to being comically angry, are you a little slow?

Not sure how your pulse is even in the 80's

Oct 15, 2014, 2:12 AM [ in reply to I believe I already said... ]

but I am doing everything I can to make sure it is not there long.

Well if being a juvenile and clicking the little ghey thumbs

Oct 15, 2014, 12:26 PM

down thingy helps you with your misplaced and inaccurately applied anger issues, then I'm all for it. Click away, junior...you're still wrong.

Re: Well if being a juvenile and clicking the little ghey thumbs

Oct 15, 2014, 12:39 PM

It gives me satisfaction. That way everyone knows you are an idiot just by glancing at your pulse. Kinda the reason it is there, to separate good posters from the idiots. The majority in this thread think you are an idiot, so in the future all people have to do is look at your pulse and know that what you are about to type is probably garbage.

I'm sorry LKN, but even if I had a 10% pulse

Oct 15, 2014, 11:27 PM

..that wouldn't make you right. Because you're wrong, and simply put you either lack the IQ or the character to admit it.

The fact that there were no points awarded doesn't mean he didn't cross the plane of the goaline, because he did. Point is, it was not the first, not the second, but it was the third shotgun crossing of the goaline from 2 yards in.

There's nothing garbage about that. Nothing at all. Either you lack the character to admit it, or maybe you're just not smart enough to get it. Or maybe that misplaced anger is clouding your thought processes. But either way, you're wrong. Completely wrong. Throwing baseless, imagined insults around in an attempt to make you feel like a man and deflect the fact you're wrong..it isn't working. U

I tell you what is working, downvoting you to oblivion

Oct 16, 2014, 1:09 AM

It is people like you that want to blame everything on someone else (whaaaaaaa, the refs did not call it or we would have won, whaaaaa, I am a baby and cry and blame other people and make shhhh up because I cannot deal with life because I am a baby, whaaaaa) and not take accountability. The fact is, he could have been so far in that he hit his head on the goal post, but as long as the refs did not call it, then it does not matter. I do not think he was in, no replay clearly showed that he was in, and you are making assumptions "hoping" that he was. Show me where he was in and I will go on my way. I may even stop down voting every post you post on here. Screen shot it, show a pic, or whatever. Give me something besides your imagination. Prove that he was in.

Here is a little tutorial since you are not that bright.

This is a TD

This is not a TD

By watching the referee do this, you can tell there is a TD if you can not see the play clearly

If you see this, it is the next down

....aaaaand, free advice on me since you do not know

Wow. Do you do drugs?

Oct 16, 2014, 10:11 AM

If you do, you should do less. If you don't, you should.

I don't blame others for anything. I never blamed the refs for us losing that game. I have no trouble taking accountability for anything. There's no need to take accountability for anything in this thread.

All of that stuff is nothing more than bizarre figments of imagination born deep in the recesses of a mind incapable of understanding the simplest matters. Seems like you should try harder to heed your own words.

Here are the facts of the matter.

You said we can't score from short yardage in the shotgun. I accurately pointed out that we did score 2x against FSU from 2 yards in while in the shotgun. I clearly said we would have had another TD (6 pts) had the refs called it correctly.

Let me ask you this, when you cross the plane of the goaline from any given formation (and you didn't commit a penalty to do so), does that prove your capable of scoring a touchdown from that formation. HINT: Yes.

When you cross the plane goaline, without a penalty, then you have completed the task in question. Whether or not the refs saw it correctly and award you the 6 points, it doesn't change the fact you did it and thereby showed you are capable. Then when you consider we already did it twice in the same game, it really destroys your 'we can't score from the shotgun" nonsense.

By the way, can you explain to me how this isn't crossing the plane of the goaline?

http://makeagif.com/i/AvbW73

CJ Score on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif

So from that angle, you know for certain that the ball had

Oct 16, 2014, 10:17 AM

broken the plane of the goal line before his butt hit the ground?

Remember, it has to be indisputable video evidence to overturn a call.

Yes. HTH.***

Oct 16, 2014, 10:24 AM

welp,

Oct 16, 2014, 10:25 AM

that's indisputable fer shore.

You're a tad bit lost here, but welcome to the fray.

Oct 16, 2014, 10:29 AM

If we completely exclude that debatable play, did we or did we not score twice in that game from the shotgun, from inside the 2? Point is, LKN said we aren't capable when clearly we are.

b/c the refs didn't signal?***

Oct 16, 2014, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Wow. Do you do drugs? ]

Oooh, sorry yorkie. Whether or not the ref signaled

Oct 16, 2014, 10:27 AM

has nothing to with whether or not the ball actually crossed the plane. By the way, that was score #3 from the shotgun, from inside the 2. That's the more important point here. If you want to take away the crossing of the goaline on that particular play then that's fine, but the thing is the LKN dude siad we were incapable of doing it. He clearly forgot we did it twice prior to that third time.

"I made a bet and I will honor it"
- yorkweasel, circa summer 2013.

True, but I'd say the ball actually crossing the plane

Oct 16, 2014, 10:30 AM

is relevant to whether or not the ball crossed the plane. And it didn't. Not when his butt hit. And maybe not even when he's flat on his back.

Ok fine. It's not 100% irrefutable, however, LKN said

Oct 16, 2014, 10:32 AM

we aren't capable of doing it at all. He was wrong regardless of the debateable call.

Where did I ever say we were incapable???

Oct 16, 2014, 12:08 PM

You are really stupid, seriously, I think most people on here that post stupid things are just drinking kool-aid, but you son, I think you are substantially on the left side of the 100 mark on your IQ. Go back and read all my comments and please point out where I said we were incapable. Seriously inefficient going back as far as WVU Orange Bowl? Yes! Incapable? No!

You just make shhh up until it sounds good to you. Stop doing that because you are looking pretty dang stupid.

if you're gonna put my name in your profile... get it right

Oct 16, 2014, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Oooh, sorry yorkie. Whether or not the ref signaled ]

it wasn't 2013

Maybe in his fantasy land... it was***

Oct 16, 2014, 10:34 AM

It was somewhere between 2012 and 2013...

Oct 16, 2014, 10:39 AM

But it sure as heck wasn't a fantasy land. It was most definitely real.

Speaking of you using words like "fantasy land" when trying to mock others, you ever hear of Sigmund Freud?

you can't count...

Oct 16, 2014, 10:40 AM

no later than 2010

Yorkie, yorkie, yorkie...

Oct 16, 2014, 10:44 AM

Would like to bet your self-esteem boosting tigernet life that it was later than 2010?

More importantly, when you lose will you actually honor your own words this time? Being a weaselly antagonistic jacka$$ with no integrity is no way to go through life.

What year was it then when you made an a$$ of yourself

Oct 16, 2014, 10:37 AM [ in reply to if you're gonna put my name in your profile... get it right ]

after challenging dozens of people, whining to the mods about people challenging you, namecalling and antagonizing while whining about people making fun of you, pimping your alleged "inside sources" while actually knowing nothing, and ultimately reneging on your own word and showing a lack of character and integrity?

What year was that? Was it 2012? I'll be glad to change it.

"I made a bet to leave tigernet and I'll honor it"
- yorkweasel, circa 2012.

Better?

pretty sure it was 2011... maybe 10

Oct 16, 2014, 10:40 AM

glad to know you're concerned tho

Thanks man!

Oct 16, 2014, 10:41 AM

So you don't know what year it was? Your help is much appreciated.

"I made a bet to leave tigernet and I'll honor it"
- yorkweasel, circa.. just ask him.

Maybe the same year that you got

Oct 16, 2014, 10:41 AM [ in reply to What year was it then when you made an a$$ of yourself ]

banned multiple times under a plethora of different user names?

Just spitballing here of course.

Banned for what?

Oct 16, 2014, 10:45 AM

See if you can step out of your "fanstasy land". Try to prove it a little bit if you can.

Here were a couple of your former identities...

Oct 16, 2014, 10:47 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15694003

he accused me of having 12...

Oct 16, 2014, 10:49 AM

yet can't name one

impressive

12 was a guesstimate...

Oct 16, 2014, 10:54 AM

Because only you know many handles you actually use to vote your own way into a sense of self worth.

"I made a bet to leave tigernet, and I'll honor it"
- yorkPOS, circa, he pretends he knows when but won't bet on it.

Why do you call him yorkPOS? That sounds like a

Oct 16, 2014, 11:28 AM

personal attack, is that a personal attack?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm sorry Blob, but can you take a few moments to clarify

Oct 16, 2014, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Here were a couple of your former identities... ]

what all those arrows are actually showing, and just as importantly how they show you don't live in a fantasy land? Thanks man. Just try..10 minutes of your life. You can do it!

if i win the toss and defer...

Oct 16, 2014, 10:53 AM

what happens?

You pretty much nailed it here

Oct 16, 2014, 10:59 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry Blob, but can you take a few moments to clarify ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16003254#16003254

"Because only you know many handles you actually use to vote your own way into a sense of self worth."

FAIL

Oct 16, 2014, 2:29 PM

But then again, that's the story of your life. Hence you have to invent one here. It's truly comical.

Re: FAIL

Oct 20, 2014, 3:13 PM

Come again?

oh, it's crossing.

Oct 16, 2014, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Wow. Do you do drugs? ]

after he's down, that is.

Really?***

Oct 16, 2014, 10:28 AM

It looks like his butt hit the ground at least a

foot behind the goal line. So it's your contention that when his butt hits the ground and he's sitting almost straight up, before falling backwards, that the ball is over the goal line?

To me it looks pretty clear that he's not in. In fact, even after he falls backwards against the ground, which is AFTER the play is dead, it looks like he may not even have the ball across.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wow. Do you do drugs?***

Oct 16, 2014, 10:25 AM

Re: Wow. Do you do drugs?***

Oct 16, 2014, 10:26 AM

You need serious help, Bob. From Clemson man to Clemson man, I have genuine concerns about your mental state. Please get help, Bob.

Every day***

Oct 16, 2014, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Wow. Do you do drugs?*** ]

That's cool and all...

Oct 16, 2014, 10:31 AM [ in reply to It looks like his butt hit the ground at least a ]

Did we score twice in that same game, from inside the two, from the shotgun. The debate is NOT whether or not he actually scored on that one particular play. The debate is whether or not we've shown we can do it.

No I think your (sic) also trying to debate whether he

Oct 16, 2014, 10:32 AM

scored on that particular play.

C&P from your post...

Oct 16, 2014, 10:49 AM [ in reply to That's cool and all... ]

"By the way, can you explain to me how this isn't crossing the plane of the goaline?"

That's what I did...try to keep up.

Re: Wow. Do you do drugs?

is that "you are", or "your"....

tia

"Do you're drugs", or "do your drugs"?

Oct 16, 2014, 10:47 AM

Hmmm, I'm gonna say B?

"I made a bet to leave tigernet and I'll honor it".
- york0integrity, circa, sometime before 2010, or maybe after.

Re: "Do you're drugs", or "do your drugs"?

Oct 16, 2014, 10:56 AM

Tigernet is serious business york. How can you renege on your word like this? Have u know ahner?

if this is one of the best offensive staffs in the country..

Oct 13, 2014, 8:12 PM

(not necessarily saying you're wrong or rite)

how do you explain 10 rz trips against UofL and FSwho and 23 points to show for it...

or

15 total yds and one first down in 2h against UGA?

and don't give me stats from NCST and UNC either

Re: if this is one of the best offensive staffs in the country..

Oct 13, 2014, 8:17 PM

Even if we had 828 yards it wouldn't matter if we can't skore in the redzone

Ed Zachary..... 3rd down means nothing when you are as bad

Oct 13, 2014, 8:19 PM

in the red zone as we are

and make no mistake... we are p!ss poor this year....

TB ain't coming back through the door

this coming from the person who claims Cole Stoudt has...

Oct 13, 2014, 11:50 PM [ in reply to if this is one of the best offensive staffs in the country.. ]

played great.

link please***

Oct 14, 2014, 8:03 AM

So you once said Dana Holgerson and Mike Leach were two of

Oct 14, 2014, 9:43 PM [ in reply to if this is one of the best offensive staffs in the country.. ]

the best OCs in the universe, yet what are they doing? Or was that meant to be funny?

Top 10 program, top 10 offense, and brought us out of obscurity and into national notoriety in a few short years.

This year we are off with a less than stellar QB and a patchwork OL. Already touched on that several times. And then again, that's small picture thinking.

Forest..trees.

Or were just arguing for the sake of arguing? I mean, you would agree we have one of the best offensive staffs in the country, right? Let's be real.

We may have been before Deshaun went down,but not now.***

Oct 13, 2014, 8:21 PM

It starts with oline blocking no matter what the formation..

Oct 13, 2014, 11:47 PM

or play call is.

I don't have a beef with being in shot gun, just stop runnin

Oct 15, 2014, 3:05 AM

the same play, fake to rb in jet sweep motion then run the qb on a power behind a pulling guard.

Noone honors the sweep motion b/c they know we haven't given it to him in 3 years. Had we done that on 4th and 1 inch Sat, he might have scored. Louisville knew what was coming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.

Oct 15, 2014, 12:20 PM

Doubt you'll see Cole run that play again. Deshaun, maybe, but not Cole.

What year is this list from

Oct 15, 2014, 12:27 PM

and what numbers back this up? This is hearsay, and we don't even know what year you refer to. As Mark Twain said about statistics....

And for the umpteenth time, what we did in the past has nothing to do with this year. This is a fallacy, to say that "because we did it in the past, then who is to question the present?"

"What year".. This year... "what numbers"...the 3rd down

Oct 15, 2014, 12:30 PM

conversion percentage numbers. As-is.

Might want to rewind and try that one again.

We're 48th nationally in 3rd down Conversions O.

Oct 15, 2014, 12:39 PM

110th in redzone offense.

100th in TFL allowed.

You cherry pick teams to try to prove a point when in reality we are middle of the road when it comes to 3rd down conversions....I don't care about other teams I care about CLEMSON.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

are you allowed to do that?

Oct 15, 2014, 12:41 PM

i mean it is "shane morgan" after all

My word...

Oct 15, 2014, 11:33 PM

Such a child. Do you have no shame? Then again, reneging on your own word after weeks of insisting you were right and challenging, chastising, and whining about everyone who said you had no clue, yeah, that speaks loud and clear to that question.

No shame. No character. No integrity. I mean, that's not what a Clemson man is supposed to be about. You're pitiful. I'm beginning to think you never even went to college let alone Clemson. I'm right, huh?

Correct. And better than..

Oct 15, 2014, 11:29 PM [ in reply to We're 48th nationally in 3rd down Conversions O. ]

A) Mississippi State
B) Penn State
C) Georgia
D) Oklahoma State
E) Michigan
F) BYU
G) Boston College
H) Stanford
I) Louisvile
J) Oklahoma
K) Duke
L) LSU
M) Texas
N) Miami

This isn't rocket science.

Re: Correct. And better than..

Oct 16, 2014, 9:14 AM

So you agree that you cherry picked teams to TRY to prove a point?

It's a worthless comparison. Who cares about those other teams??

The FACT of the matter is that nationally we are middle of the road when it comes to 3rd down Conversions.

Even worse, we are at the bottom in red zone efficiency.

I don't know why I'm even arguing with you. You proved how dumb/clueless you are by stating that teams choose to play defense first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Well if you think picking teams below us that folks would

Oct 16, 2014, 10:23 AM

have said were above us is cherry picking, then you have fun with that. However, the fact remains, we're better at 3rd downs then they are. That's all I ever said about that.

Oh, and by the way, sometimes teams DO elect to play defense first. It's funny you called me "dumb/clueless" when in fact you missed by a mile.

"A more defensive-minded coach typically will defer,” Billick said.

"It’s always important to get a fast start. We won the coin toss, deferred and elected to play defense first. That didn’t work out as good, but we held them to a field goal. We like our defense out there, and we like to have a good stop."

"Easthampton elected to play defense first."

"BYU won the toss and elected to play defense first"

"it’s advantageous to win the toss, play defense first.."

"On the two road games this year, had we won the toss at Florida or Penn State, we would have played defense first," Saban said

"We chose to defer (the kickoff); wanted our defense to play first."

"Ravens Coach John Harbaugh, whose team plays the Chiefs on Sunday ... deferring the opening coin toss to put his defense on the field first."

"we might see a coach defer and play defense first"

" Marshall has won the toss in all four games and Holliday has elected to defer all four times. That means he prefers to put his stingy defense on the field first.."

Deferring is not choosing Defense...HTH***

Oct 16, 2014, 10:28 AM

Can't wait to see his response to this.

I know right. That Nick Saban dude is a dumb ###.

Oct 16, 2014, 10:48 AM

"A more defensive-minded coach typically will defer,” Billick said.

"It’s always important to get a fast start. We won the coin toss, deferred and elected to play defense first. That didn’t work out as good, but we held them to a field goal. We like our defense out there, and we like to have a good stop."

"Easthampton elected to play defense first."

"BYU won the toss and elected to play defense first"

"it’s advantageous to win the toss, play defense first.."

"On the two road games this year, had we won the toss at Florida or Penn State, we would have played defense first," Saban said

"We chose to defer (the kickoff); wanted our defense to play first."

"Ravens Coach John Harbaugh, whose team plays the Chiefs on Sunday ... deferring the opening coin toss to put his defense on the field first."

"we might see a coach defer and play defense first"

" Marshall has won the toss in all four games and Holliday has elected to defer all four times. That means he prefers to put his stingy defense on the field first.."

One quick question dr. shane ########.....

Oct 16, 2014, 10:50 AM

When you defer what happens?

Oct 16, 2014, 10:29 AM

For 2014...I like others would love to see the numbers to back it up?!!

Can we gain any insight from these 3 cherry-picked plays?

Oct 16, 2014, 12:03 PM

Unless you think someone is arguing we should not go shotgun on 3rd down at all ever, I don't see the point of this thread. So we're good or average on 3rd down. Doesn't mean we're "a shotgun team" so we always have to no matter what.

These 3 plays from the Louisville game may help shed light on how it could be useful to go under center on very short yardage plays from time to time:

3rd Qtr 6:53, 4th & 1 inch, CLEMSON 41
Cole Stoudt rushed up the middle for 1 yard loss

4th Qtr 2:00, 2nd & Goal, LOUISVILLE 1
Adam Choice rushed up the middle for 4 yard loss

4th Qtr 0:21, 1st and 10, CLEMSON 1
Cole Stoudt rushed up the middle for 1 yd gain

1) Do you think Cole could have gained 1 inch on a sneak on the 4th down play?
2) Do you think we would have been facing 3rd and 5 if we'd have gone under center on the 2nd down goal-line play?
3) if so, see play 3.

We would have gained the 1st down with a sneak. We would have scored or tried again on 3rd down under center at the goal line.

Oct 20, 2014, 3:13 PM

I don't get it. Please clarify.

Replies: 126
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic