Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Corona Centennial’s Korey Foreman finds his calling at Clems
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Corona Centennial’s Korey Foreman finds his calling at Clems

Feb 3, 2020, 7:03 PM

on

According to Los Angeles Times

By SHOTGUN SPRATLING
JAN. 31, 2020 8:45 PM

A cross-country trip last Saturday that featured tears, cheers, thrills and chills, first impressions and a sensational second look led to Mariessa and Kevin Foreman Sr. snickering behind the back of their son, Korey.

“They started giggling, and I wanted to know what they were talking about,” said Korey, the Corona Centennial High defensive lineman and nation’s No. 1 football prospect in the 2021 recruiting class. “My mom didn’t tell me right then and there.”

The parents had already come to a realization that Korey would lock in on over the next couple of hours. He was Clemson-bound.

The family was visiting the small upstate South Carolina town set in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains for Clemson’s junior day recruiting event. Korey had been on the campus previously, but it was the first trip for his parents.

Seeing the way Korey had floated around the campus throughout the day and was taking in every word Tigers coach Dabo Swinney was saying, his parents had their suspicions. Then after Korey had compiled a list of 10 reasons why Clemson was the best fit as his parents had asked him to do on any visit, Kevin leaned over and whispered to his wife, “We lost him.”

In an individual meeting with the coaching staff soon after, Swinney asked Korey how he felt about the visit. Korey’s eyes began to fill with emotion. He asked for a minute alone and chose to call his cousin, who is a pastor and also his godfather. Before he could say anything into the phone, Foreman was overwhelmed with tears.

A voice came through the phone: “What’s up?”

“I think this is where I want to be,” Foreman said. “He asked, ‘Where you at?’ And I told him Clemson. He was like, ‘Man, I knew this from the get-go. Man, I was already dotting this down in my head. I already knew we lost you before you knew it.’ ”

The 6-foot-4, 265-pound Foreman had his list of positives, but he was concerned about leaving his family and friends in Southern California. A reassuring message from his cousin led him to follow his heart.

“At the end of the day, everybody can’t go and meet your attributes and your goals with you. That’s something that is set personally,” Foreman said. “You can’t go out and set goals for other people without meeting yours first. You want to help your friends grow, but at the same time, you got to meet your own attributes personally.”

When Foreman returned to the room, Swinney again asked how he was feeling. Foreman took a deep breath and committed to trade in the Death Valley in the desert of Southern California for the Death Valley of a small college town on the banks of Lake Hartwell: “Coach, I’m all in.”

Foreman said Swinney quickly corrected him. “He said, ‘Nah, we all in!’ Then he looked at my mom and dad, gave them a hug and then he promised my dad he would look out for me and vouch for me as his son while I’m over here across the country.”

Foreman felt an icy sensation. But it wasn’t just a brief bump of cool air cascading over him.

“The chills only last for a second,” Foreman said. “But I tell you those chills was at least 10 seconds or 15. Geez Louise! You could have sworn he had the A/C on in his office.”

It wasn’t the first time Foreman got chills talking to Swinney. Foreman estimated he had spent three to four hours speaking with the coach throughout the day. Swinney’s message of physical, emotional and spiritual development had occasionally piqued the skin on the back of Foreman’s neck.

“I just loved it. Everything about that school is genuine to me,” Foreman said. “I’ve been to a lot of campuses and nothing has been anywhere near Clemson. I’ve been to schools with wonderful uniforms, with wonderful facilities, a really nice coaching staff, but I built a rapport with the whole coaching staff at Clemson.

“My inner self, sometimes, just hasn’t been able to go out and be able to do that to other colleges.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome read! Thanks for posting that.***

Feb 3, 2020, 7:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Corona Centennial’s Korey Foreman finds his calling at Clems

Feb 3, 2020, 7:23 PM

You always seem to come up with the best articles. Thank you.

Definitely makes you well up with pride. Just when it can't get better it does.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 7:30 PM

Thank you for sharing i was in tears...Wow the wonders of the Lord himself..thanks again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 7:33 PM

Amen brother!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Corona Centennial’s Korey Foreman finds his calling at Clems ]

This article game me chills. Just awesome. Thanks for posting!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2020, 2:12 AM

I got chills reading this article. With young people like Korey Foreman leading them, I don't think we have to worry about their generation.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 4, 2020, 3:12 AM

I could not agree with you more. It says a lot of the caliber of young man Clemson seeks and attracts to its program. You can be the so called best of the best but if you do not have that Clemson character you aren't being invited to the Greatest Show on Earth and having the best chance to play in the big tent. Very proud of the whole Clemson organization under the leadership of Coach Swinney. With all the news today of the youth in the country this has to make you proud that there is hope.

Wow great read... great pride for our school

Feb 3, 2020, 7:33 PM

And staff and their genuineness. People wanna accuse them of falseness but you don’t fool that many parents with fake attitudes and beliefs. Well done guys

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 8:52 PM

?? thank you for sharing!

It’s all amazing and true because Dabo has put God first in everything he has done. He can point to what God has done and how others developed and loved Clemson and he can share his future vision of living in the present and future trusting God to do more than ever by putting him 1st today and forever more.

I would love to here Dabo’s goals for this decade even though I know the most important part.

Go God & Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 3, 2020, 9:03 PM

I saw somewhere that he wants the "Roaring 20's to produce the most wins for Clemson that any team has ever had in a decade. And that is just his goal on the field. Hope (and believe ) that this means he plans to stick around until the 30's.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's it. It can't be replicated, and there's nothing for

Feb 3, 2020, 9:11 PM

all of the other schools to figure out. We have Clemson, and we have Dabo. They don't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: That's it. It can't be replicated, and there's nothing for

Feb 4, 2020, 9:12 AM

It was a busy day for me y’day, and I didn’t see until this AM. Was just going to TU every comment as there was nothing else to say.

However, smilingtiger , I think YOU have nailed it with your sentence “We have Clemson and we have Dabo.”

Sorry I can only give you one ???? !

GO TIGERS!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I know a lot of schools are now talking about "the culture"

Feb 4, 2020, 11:41 AM

and "family" and such, thanks to Dabo's success at Clemson. I think that's great, and may help them, but they will never replicate what we have in Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 3, 2020, 9:41 PM

I love to hear when a kid & their parents see the difference at Clemson! Beautiful!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2020, 5:51 AM

And think about what that article means for future West Coast requiring!

Feb 4, 2020, 8:54 AM

Thanks for posting! Always great to get a glimpse behind the scenes of the thought process that goes into the decision to become a Clemson Tiger. There is truly "Something in these hills!"

GO TIGERS!!!

Feb 4, 2020, 2:24 PM

Outstanding young man and wonderful family!!! We love you Korey and welcome you all into the family here at Clemson!!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic