Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CordlessLawnCare.net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

CordlessLawnCare.net

Jul 28, 2020, 6:09 PM

Who’s using a battery system for their lawn and which do you recommend? Borrowed my Dads Riyobi setup and it worked ok, not quite low enough to the ground for my liking but performed as well as my old gas one. Blower and trimmer worked good as well, but I’m always hesitant to spend anything over $50 on the big green.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For cordless, there's only 1nway to go

Jul 28, 2020, 6:17 PM

Ego. I own their weed whacker, blower and bush trimmer. All dang powerful. Hear their mower is great too but my lawn is probably too big for that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hoping to hold off for a Labor Day sake, but looks like a

Jul 28, 2020, 6:31 PM

good setup. Dem battery’s cost as much as the tools but for a 56v 5ah what can you expect?

Do they run pretty quiet? I’m a before and after 7 kinda guy in the summer months

Yes, very quiet and get the first couple

Jul 28, 2020, 6:57 PM

With battery, cheaper. Then buy the next one without to save money. Then you can change them out. The weed whacker is as powerful as my old gas Stihl. They rock. Also has an auto feed for the line. Best tool I've boughten for then lawn

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DadFree has a 40v Kobalt trimmer.

Jul 28, 2020, 6:25 PM

I used it to trim the yard when I visited last month. They bought it because they thought it would be light. It’s not. Only complaint is the angle in which it forces your right wrist is very uncomfortable. I didn’t miss the exhaust fumes of my Stihl FS80R, but the wrist thing kinda hurt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gas weed eater is what’s prompting this move

Jul 28, 2020, 6:54 PM

Last time I used mine it took 30 minutes to start it. Ended up chucking it across the yard at one point.

Sounds like you need to try exercising your wrist

Jul 28, 2020, 8:56 PM [ in reply to DadFree has a 40v Kobalt trimmer. ]

In different angles

I’m all Ryobi, cept for mower

Jul 28, 2020, 6:33 PM

May pull trigger next Spring on mower

Any quality concerns? I’ve got their sawzall had to exchange

Jul 28, 2020, 6:45 PM

it for shooting out the blade at high speed. About killed my dog when replacing a front door.

Haven’t had any problems

Jul 28, 2020, 7:06 PM

Have blower, weed eater, hedge trimmer

All this man needs with a battery for the lawn!

Jul 28, 2020, 6:41 PM

unnnnghhhh!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Advise against Ryobi. Just gave my 40v

Jul 28, 2020, 7:08 PM

Ryobi hedge clippers and weed eater away they were so crappy. Batteries would just die (had three that did), and the weed eater was really weak.

I moved to Makita because I use their 18v stuff for all my tools. The trimmer I got uses dual 18v batteries for 36v total and it’s amazing. Right now (thru July 31st) if you buy one they give you 2 extra batteries and a dual charger

I’ve heard good things about Ego too but their batteries are ridiculously sized and expensive. I like being able to have one battery type for drills, saws, weed eaters, etc. They also make a really nice mower but I don’t use that.

I’ll never give up my gas backpack Stihl Mexi-blower though. Some things can’t be replaced.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh lort***

Jul 28, 2020, 7:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuthin sexier than a brushless motor.***

Jul 28, 2020, 7:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And subject line edited to avoid offending

Jul 28, 2020, 7:43 PM [ in reply to oh lort*** ]

Everyone who was swindled by Ryobi.

Hedge clippers going on 7 years.

Jul 28, 2020, 7:45 PM

the best

Is yours a 40v?

Jul 28, 2020, 7:51 PM

The tools weren’t terrible but the batteries sucked and have a real design flaw. Look at all the results if you google “Ryobi 40v battery failure”. It’s not uncommon.

Stihl Mexi-blower

Jul 29, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Advise against Ryobi. Just gave my 40v ]

9 year old 600 at my house, will still blow a large child off of a bicycle.

I’m jelly brah...20 year old BR400 here.***

Jul 29, 2020, 1:57 PM

Pro tip

Jul 29, 2020, 2:00 PM

and you prolly already know this...

Clean that little black piece out on the back. Looks like some kind of metal filter or something. She'll blow harder.

The carbon trap? I took that thing off

Jul 29, 2020, 2:02 PM

Years ago. Emissions, schemissions.

thanks for the topic, may switch later.

Jul 28, 2020, 9:46 PM

Being a late adopter, with a 2.6 acre mountain side lot wit lotsa rock outcroppings and such to trim around, and major weed seed blowing in from surrounding pastures etc. My Husqvarna 223L straight shaft 2 cycle trimmer has been a beast. I don't care too much about fumes, environment, or noise impacting neighbors. Don't trim before 8, but often just before dark. One day I'll have battery, and the time is prolly getting close as power/run time gets longer. As everybody says, using batteries across tools is essential.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got EGO mower, blower, weed eater, and hedge trimmer

Jul 29, 2020, 1:23 PM

and they are all great. I've only ever had the mower battery not last for the whole yard one time and that was when I had planted rye grass and it was peak growing season where it needed two cuts a week. I went two weeks without cutting it and it was so thick and tall that I was wishing I had gas. Other than that one time though it has been great.

ROH

My boss has a husqvarna automatic lawn mower.

Jul 29, 2020, 2:15 PM

He said it was about $3k but its pretty bad ###. It cuts his grass every day, at weird times and different locations in his yard. But his grass is at the same height all the time, so thats cool.

I cut my own grass with a borrowed push mower for the first time in about 5 or 6 years last week cause the dudes who were cutting my grass used a big zero turn mower on it and killed parts of it. Hopefully this place sells soon, because I'm not all about cutting grass again.I'm going to keep borrowing my buddies mower because I'm not buying one.

What's your boss's address?

Jul 29, 2020, 3:24 PM

Ayejoe finna have a automagic lawnmower fo hissef.

Somewhere in Florida, I think.***

Jul 29, 2020, 3:25 PM

You can come up this way....The Oak Ridge Boys

Jul 29, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to What's your boss's address? ]

mgmt office (yep, there's such a thing) has one...thing runs day, night, wet, dry, doesn't matter, and I've seen it going strong for 3+ years now. Pretty impressive.

Boss swears tht everyone will have one of these in 5 years

Jul 29, 2020, 3:53 PM

He may not be wrong.

Re: CordlessLawnCare.net

Jul 29, 2020, 2:24 PM

I have the Toro mower and 60v trimmer. Both are great, although the battery life isn't what I had hoped. I am betting (hoping) that the longevity of the equipment, coupled with what looks to be an easy design to maintain & repair will offset that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic