Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots signee won't be at USuC this fall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Coots signee won't be at USuC this fall

Feb 20, 2014, 5:46 PM

Per KornCOOT

DE Dante Sawyer of Suwanee, GA, one of the most touted members of USC's 2014 recruiting class, won't join the Gamecocks, or any other major college program, until at least the summer of 2015. Sawyer had decided to enroll now at East Mississippi JC in Scooba, MS according to TheBigSpur.com. Sawyer attained his G.E.D and knowing he would not be able to qualify for his USC scholarship, he decided to get the process towards becoming eligbile under way. Sawyer issues a couple of comments on his Twitter page writing:

"Made this move now to better my future, so all you nay sayers can kick rocks," and "1yr away...just like redshirting not a big difference."

Sawyer hopes to be able to graduate in the Spring of 2015 and that would allow him to meet the SEC requirement that a junior college transfer spend three consecutive semesters at the school before being eligible to transfer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just like a redshirt

Feb 20, 2014, 5:49 PM

If all you are counting is years before you can leave SCAR already.

How did he not make it???

Feb 20, 2014, 5:52 PM

"It's so EASY you would have to try to fail"

How old is he?

Feb 20, 2014, 6:01 PM

it said he attained his G.E.D. If he is 18 and just leaving high school, shouldn't he have a diploma?

He did not have a pulse when he tried to get in USCheat ?

Feb 20, 2014, 6:07 PM

" Sawyer attained his G.E.D. " Definitely USCheat material.

Re: Coots signee won't be at USuC this fall

Feb 20, 2014, 6:08 PM

Y'all sure are really concerned with our D-Line recruits aren't you?

Feb 20, 2014, 6:18 PM

No Fluffy, one must be horribly dumb to not qualify at an SEC school (except Vanderbilt) and especially Sucky U. And no, we are not concerned about any of your recruits. Another delusional thought from a cooter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they can get in Hurley, Squeaky, and Alshon, it is mind

Feb 20, 2014, 9:18 PM

bottling that they could not get anyone in....

While I agree with your premise....

Feb 20, 2014, 9:21 PM

Did you post "mind bottling" just to make it on to some sort of Tigernet list of funny expressions?

Feb 20, 2014, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots signee won't be at USuC this fall ]

No, we're actually concerned with an East Mississippi JC D-recruit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lmao!***

Feb 20, 2014, 6:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2014, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots signee won't be at USuC this fall ]

my guess is you should be concerned about getting a few on your roster.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How dumb do you have to be to not meet SEC requirements?***

Feb 20, 2014, 7:10 PM

Re: How dumb do you have to be to not meet SEC requirements?***

Feb 20, 2014, 7:19 PM

Same as any other conference . All conferences play by the same admissions rules. Schools may have higher standards however.

Jadaveon Clowney was an awesome and dedicated student

Feb 20, 2014, 9:14 PM

at USuC.

LOL!

Feb 20, 2014, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots signee won't be at USuC this fall ]

But you're logged onto a Clemson message board... THE IRONY LMAO

Feb 21, 2014, 9:07 AM

After 5 straight wins, I figured this message board is ours now. Surprised y'all still congregate here. You should pay me rent

This aint the Whitney***

Feb 21, 2014, 9:35 AM

Feb 20, 2014, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots signee won't be at USuC this fall ]

For sure you are way more interested in what is going on with TigerNet, than we are about your recruits that hasn't ever played a down. We are just talking about what your man kornCoot is reporting. You, on the other hand, are snooping around on TigerNet to see what and who we are talking about or discussing. Now we know why Clowney's psychological profile is being in question by the NFL draft analyst. If they only knew!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2014, 9:08 AM

After 5 straight wins, I figured this message board is ours now. Surprised y'all still congregate here. You should pay me rent

says the coot on a Clemson site...smh***

Feb 20, 2014, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots signee won't be at USuC this fall ]

Re: says the coot on a Clemson site...smh***

Re: Re: Coots signee won't be at USuC this fall

Feb 21, 2014, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots signee won't be at USuC this fall ]

We're so worried. Y'all's 3 best D-Lineman let our "mediocre" O-Line and Hot Rod run all over them until our OC decided to start passing it. So there's that.

yes since youre on Tnet***

Feb 21, 2014, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots signee won't be at USuC this fall ]

Funf

Feb 20, 2014, 6:11 PM

Was probably on here touting the reliability of scout a couple weeks ago.

Re: Funf

nope

Feb 20, 2014, 6:43 PM

a GED?? lawd.....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2014, 6:52 PM

so he cant graduate from high school in twelve years but he can graduate from a junior college in 1 year. no doubt the coots will find a way to get this fine young "roads" scholar into school. after talking today about this guy with someone close to north gwinett, they say this guy is a perfect fit at cooterville. loves to cut as many corners as possible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironical

Feb 20, 2014, 8:36 PM

Couldn't graduate high school, so I can see why he's looking forward to being in an academic environment that's a little more manageable:

"Ironically, Sawyer noted academics as his reason for choosing the Gamecocks.

“I picked them because of the school,” he said immediately after pledging, via Al.com’s Mike Herndon. “They have one of the top business schools, which is what I want to major in. It opened my eyes seeing everything they have to offer.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1967142-south-carolina-commit-dante-sawyer-reportedly-headed-to-juco

Someone has not seen Blades of Glory

Feb 20, 2014, 9:23 PM

nm

hail that Clemson class

Feb 21, 2014, 6:32 AM

#1 we knew he wasnt going to qualify

#2 lets not act like u have never taken a juco or prep guy. Not much diffrtence.

#3 extremely sad you want to trash any teenager bc of their gradrs. Rivalry or not, most of you are adults and dont understand the homelives a lot of thesr kids come from. No electricity, water, sometimes may not know when their next meal will be. Poverty effects education. Man thr f**k up.

Speaking of sad, it is 6:30 AM and you're a coot on a Clemson page...

Feb 21, 2014, 6:37 AM

Just sayin.....

Re: Speaking of sad, it is 6:30 AM and you're a coot on a Clemson page...

Feb 21, 2014, 9:10 AM

^lol^

Feb 21, 2014, 9:25 AM

milk it while you can

Two things cootie

Feb 21, 2014, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Speaking of sad, it is 6:30 AM and you're a coot on a Clemson page... ]

#1 It wasn't witty the first 15 times you used the line

#2 While 5 is impressive you'll have to do it 23 more times straight to assume a position of dominance.

Heres my argument to what your saying:

Feb 21, 2014, 9:24 AM [ in reply to hail that Clemson class ]

1) If you knew he wasn't going to qualify, why in the world do you keep recruiting him? Telling him he's got a home at south Carolina when you know he doesn't. He may have gotten into another smaller school somewhere instead of having to go JUCO.

2) We rarely take JUCO guys, I don't remember the last one, If we don't have a recruit qualify we usually send them to a prep school, which IS different than JUCO. To my understanding JUCO is just going to a small college and still playing football, but losing your NCAA eligibility (Usually 2 years) while prep school is I guess a step between high school and college, you can play football but you don't lose any eligibility. (I have no idea how these rules were determined)

3) Your right, we don't know all these kids' situations at home, but do you? How do you know it wasn't poverty as his reason to being accepted, and not him just being a lazy punk? I know I don't, I simply questioned why he got a G.E.D. instead of a diploma if he was just coming out of high school. We understand that some kids come from nothing, and in a lot of cases, that gives the kids more motivation to work harder to get out of that situation. Our own Mackenzie Alexander (And his brother who's at Auburn) both came from nothing, and both made it into their schools.

Surprise surprise***

Feb 21, 2014, 9:33 AM

Look everyone, funf has mastered one sentence. way to go

Feb 21, 2014, 9:38 AM

SFB

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic