Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots "could" lose their first TWO games. What say you?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Coots "could" lose their first TWO games. What say you?!

Jul 28, 2013, 9:44 PM

I hope so which will shut up their NC talk abruptly.

gOTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed! I can see a repeat of 2010/11(?) when thUGA

Jul 28, 2013, 9:50 PM

started out with Boise and then the coots.

Oops! Sorry, don't know why I read UGA could start 0-2. Got my mind on the first game I guess. I don't see the coots losing to the tarholes.

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots "could" lose their first TWO games. What say you?!

Jul 28, 2013, 9:52 PM

If they lose to UNC, their ship will have been sunk. Period. I think it is a distinct possibility. I also think UGA will crush them at home, after coming off a loss to us. 8-4 or 9-3 with some luck. They go back to the Outback.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you mean loose...idiot***

Jul 28, 2013, 9:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you mean loose...idiot***

Jul 29, 2013, 1:06 PM

Lose only has one "o." Loose is the opposite of tight. Lose is the opposite of win.

Per their loser head coach-

Jul 28, 2013, 9:54 PM

they don't talk about National Championships.

Also, I will laugh when the above happens....hard.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Per their loser head coach-

Jul 29, 2013, 5:14 AM

Loser head coach? Don't you mean dab 0 for 4 soon to be 5?

I'd rather Clemson WIN its first two games.***

Jul 28, 2013, 9:57 PM

Then it would be really embarassing to lose to them again.

Jul 28, 2013, 9:57 PM

So lets beat the #### out of them this time!

on paper, they should beat UNC in a close game...

Jul 28, 2013, 10:02 PM

and lose to Georgia. Of course, on paper, both Georgia and Clemson should've beat them last year, too. If UNC beats South Carolina, then Georgia will almost definitely beat them. If UNC comes out and plays like they did against Duke and Wake last year, they'll just be a tune- up for South Carolina.

Best case scenario, Clemson wins a shootout that doesn't tell South Carolina much about how Georgia will play them (since nobody expects South Carolina to have a high- powered offense and South Carolina's d- line beat Georgia up last year), and South Carolina gets worn to the bone against UNC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2013, 10:17 PM

Well, I'd certainly say that its possible. They have a history of slow starts.

UNC is led by a great QB in Bryn Renner. Hes got a few weapons to throw to as well. It certainly helps that they've got a stud TE, for check downs. If they can find a moderate running game then I don't see why not. The coot D is weak in several positions. Look for the UNC OC to take note of this and Renner to take advantage of these mismatches. The Tarhole D is no slouch either. They've got three guys who are preseason all conference.

As far as the ThUGA game, well I'm just gonna have to side with Jawga on that one. I don't think Murray wants to lose to those guys again. Its a conference opener at home so I don't see why he won't have that one penciled in.

Go Tigers!!!

Jul 28, 2013, 10:36 PM

Out of curiosity other than lb where are they suspect?

Heres WHY I said you have weaknesses..........

Jul 28, 2013, 11:14 PM

Well you only return 5 starters. 7 of your top 11 tacklers are gone.

Listed as starters are:

Spur- Sharrod Golightly- 3 total tackles last season, 10 in a career. 0 Int
Jordan Diggs- 5 total tackles in career
Safety- Kadetrix Marcus - 5 tacks
T.J. Gurley-13 career tacks
You'd better hope that Legree and Williams stay healthy. I see at corner and safety theres a lot of redshirters listed as second teamers. Hampton needs to stay healthy and outta trouble as his backup is a Soph. with a whopping 8 tackles. And we all know that Vic is a thug trouble maker. The irony of it is that his scholarship from Florida was revoked. LOL. How bad to you have to mess up for FLa to say thanks but no thanks. That punk went to 4 high schools because hes trouble. Thats why I said your weak in the secondary. Do you really think you can make it through the season with zero injuries and suspensions?

Re: Heres WHY I said you have weaknesses..........

Jul 29, 2013, 2:54 PM

No question, linebackers and depth in the secondary are the big question marks. You are also right that we need to stay healthy at the corners until the backups get playing time. While Hampton did struggle in high school, for 2 years he has been solid - no issues on or off the field. Nice to see a kid get his act together, punk comment is uncalled for.

The place where people make a mistake is to undervalue our offense. We are going to surprise a lot of people. Tight ends and running backs will be terrific, and while we did lose a lot of our deep threat, Bruce, Nick, S Roland and a few others ought to keep everyone honest.

Like it or not, SC is going to be very, very good this year.

I say I would LOVE IT!!!!!***

Jul 28, 2013, 10:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely no way they lose to UNCheat.

Jul 28, 2013, 10:55 PM

They'll win that game by 20-30 points.

UGAy game is a toss up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Absolutely no way they lose to UNCheat.

Jul 28, 2013, 10:56 PM

ill take 25 and bet the farm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about USC and UNC makes you think that?

Jul 29, 2013, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Absolutely no way they lose to UNCheat. ]

UNC is a solid team with lots of athletes and a very good QB. USC is a team that lives and dies by the pass rush they get, and doesn't UNC have a couple of pre-season All- ACC guys on their line? Not sure how much experience they have there. If UNC can give Renner some time, and if they can slow USC down on defense, they'll have more than a fighting chance.

UNC has more than a ''chance''

Jul 29, 2013, 12:57 AM

The dirt peckers are infamous for a slow start. Understandably so, because their dementia-filled coach is SO focused on other things. Rather than coach, he prefers to run his mouth; and we're almost certain he taught the fanbase this tactic. I give you my previous outlook on their D and why its possible:

They only return 5 starters. 7 of the top 11 tacklers are gone.

Listed as starters are:

Spur- Sharrod Golightly- 3 total tackles last season, 10 in a career. 0 Int
Jordan Diggs- 5 total tackles in career
Safety- Kadetrix Marcus - 5 tacks
T.J. Gurley-13 career tacks
They'd better hope that Legree and Williams stay healthy. I see at corner and safety theres a lot of redshirters listed as second teamers. Hampton needs to stay healthy and outta trouble as his backup is a Soph. with a whopping 8 tackles. Hampton is a ticking timebomb. He'll fudge up again along the way. He was told thanks but no thanks by Florida. Didn't know that was possible.

If you wana hear some more about the UNC team then refer to my previous posts above.

Go ACC

Here's my take on the TarHoles....

Jul 29, 2013, 9:43 AM [ in reply to what about USC and UNC makes you think that? ]

UNC will have a fairly talented group of skill players on offense but the problem for them will be the offensive line. They also need another receiver or two to step up for them.

The biggest concerns for UNC will be on the defensive side of the ball again this year. The group was just plane aweful at times last year. Other than Kevin Reddick (who is possibly one of the top interior linebackers in the nation), and Sylvester Williams, the rest of this years defense (especially the secondary) isn't anything to write home about. There are some athletes with potential, but the group is largely young and inexperienced and UNC runs a fairly unique and complex defense.

The bottom line is; UNC has some play makers, especially on offense. If they can pick-up on Larry Fedora's system quickly, and the defense can do just enough to allow the offense to do its thing, UNC could content for the ACC Coastal Division tiltle primarily because they don't have to play either FSU or Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 29, 2013, 4:02 AM

i think not.Maybe the second game at Athens,but I do not think the coots lose their home opener on a Thursday nite only game in town scenario.
I have read where UNC has a pretty good offense,but I think their "D" might be a little suspect.
The game I am hoping they lose is week two at UGA.
UGA should be rip roaring mad after having left the Valley on the short end of a 38-31 loss to the Tigers,and can't afford a second loss as well.

Most teams could lose their first two games.***

Jul 29, 2013, 9:20 AM

Sackerlina

Jul 29, 2013, 9:52 AM

Will lose to UNC and UGA ? I say not. UNC is not going to beat them in Cootlumbia unfortunately , but the Dawgs will get them inAthens. After a loss to Clemson the urgency will be running roughshod over the Chickens ...and they will. Coots are going to struggle defensively this season , and lose a few they havent lost recently , namely to Uga and them Clemson Tigers .
I have maintained all along , Sackerlina loses 4 this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

No focus on UNC D vs USC O

Jul 29, 2013, 9:55 AM

UNC will have to score over 40 to beat them as the tarholes D is HORRIBLE!! Wake scored 28.Maryland with a 7th string QB, a converted LB , scored 38, GATECH SCORED 68 freaking points on them. The ##### may have the ball for 45 minutes in this game.

It's absolutely possible

Jul 29, 2013, 10:14 AM

UNC is a good team and you never, ever know what happens in openers. As for our "slow starts", I challenge you to look up SOS's record in openers. Everyone points to a close game in Vandy last year...a Vandy team that won nine games and a bowl last year (over NC State no doubt). The last opener USC lost was in 1999 to NC State. So much for "slow starts".

We then travel to Athens to play a Top 10 UGA team on the road. We'll know doubt be underdogs in that game.

So, yes, it's possible. Unlike Clemson, most of us have a realistic outlook and don't see the National Championship as our God given entitlement. You actually have to play the games.

My personal take: I think we split 1-1. I think UGA's ground attack goes against our biggest perceived weakness (Linebacker) and it's on the road. I may change that opinion if they show me something against UNC.

Jul 29, 2013, 11:02 AM

"Could" needs to be "Should".

The Tarholes, granted will have to be perfect, but they can compete.

In Athens?? No chance!!

1-1 at best to start!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shut up you Stupid Coot!!***

Jul 29, 2013, 11:10 AM

Re: Shut up you Stupid Coot!!***

Jul 29, 2013, 1:46 PM

What a remarkably intelligent reply. Your family must be so proud of you.

They beat us pretty good last year in DV. I don't think UNC

Jul 29, 2013, 11:12 AM

will win b/c UNC is not as good as Clemson.

I would say that UGA beats Scar in Athens.

lsu beat usuc,we beat lsu. you can't go by how 1 team fares

Jul 29, 2013, 11:29 AM

against another. there are plenty of variables that go into a game.

Jul 29, 2013, 11:16 AM

50% of college football teams lose every weekend- Tommy Bowden

Jul 29, 2013, 11:40 AM

zero chance NC beats SC. ZERO. SC wins by at least 20.

There is a reason almost every preseason survey has SC in the top 10.

Even with inexperienced lb's the defense will be good.Very good secondary and one of the best lines in the country.

But the shock to you folks will be the ##### offense. Its also going to be very very good this year.

I have to lmao at folks hanging their hat on NC, as SC would beat NC 10 out of 10 times this season.

You're gonna have to wait until the 2nd game to see any chance for SC to be tested.

Jul 29, 2013, 11:50 AM

Chickens will be 1-1 or 2-0 after their first 2 games. I don't see how UNC can beat them.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic