Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots Putting a New Coat of Paint on the Chicken Coop...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Coots Putting a New Coat of Paint on the Chicken Coop...

Sep 20, 2018, 8:43 AM

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/josh-kendall-blog/article218651065.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh good, I was just thinking that coot fans needed

Sep 20, 2018, 8:47 AM

access to alcohol during games. Because they're so classy already.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Oh good, I was just thinking that coot fans needed

Sep 20, 2018, 10:24 AM

If you were a coot, wouldn't you want to drink in the stands too?

I would stick to beer, b/c liquor drinks means

Sep 20, 2018, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Oh good, I was just thinking that coot fans needed ]

there will be doo doo ice in it.

Um, no thanks!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enhance the fans experience ?!?!?!

Sep 20, 2018, 8:49 AM

Tailgating sex and hand jobs in the stands not working for everyone?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Stupid investment if its not going to generate

Sep 20, 2018, 8:50 AM

more revenue

Just get their filthy fans drunker.....

Re: Stupid investment if its not going to generate

Sep 20, 2018, 2:58 PM

Well, guys and gals, I think it is a nice gesture. Surely we would hope they would do something to dress up the stadium even if it is akin to putting lipstick on a pig. With that super nice Columbarium going up in the shadows of old WB, just out of respect for the soon to be ashes of the Gamecock faithful, it would be much better to have a nice view of the stadium rather than viewing the inept product on the field.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are they renovating the glory holes in the upper deck?***

Sep 20, 2018, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1/4 drill bit now.***

Sep 20, 2018, 2:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I figured they'd be the first school to be innovative enough

Sep 20, 2018, 9:07 AM

to sell partial-game tickets. So those seats that are vacated at halftime could be filled again. Maybe have a queue of the visiting team's fans outside who could ENTER at halftime and enjoy the rout.

https://twitter.com/Sapakoff/status/1038550737368895489

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Hey Mike, you going to the game Saturday?"

Sep 20, 2018, 9:32 AM

"Well Joe, I have tickets to the 1st half, but I sold my 2nd half tickets to my UGA neighbor so he could enjoy it. I would be leaving anyway and I made half my money back selling the 2nd half to him!"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We call that the Mulligan Program at the

Sep 21, 2018, 5:08 AM [ in reply to I figured they'd be the first school to be innovative enough ]

Wells Fargo Championship. Tix resold for $10.00

Renovating the Roach is like polishing a turd.

Sep 20, 2018, 9:18 AM

Demolition and paving over is the only way to truly improve that property.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Polishing a Turd***

Sep 20, 2018, 9:20 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like introducing Liquor & Carolina Panthers all at the Same Time.

Sep 20, 2018, 9:24 AM

All Losers imho! Glad Clemson (so far) has kept alcohol out of the stadium.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was a article in a recent edition...

Sep 20, 2018, 9:42 AM

of the Orange Experience.

DRad specifically said that Clemson has absolutely no plans to start selling alcohol at home games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like introducing Liquor & Carolina Panthers all at the Same Time.

Sep 20, 2018, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Sounds like introducing Liquor & Carolina Panthers all at the Same Time. ]

The one cool thing about Clemson is being able to walk out of the stadium, chug a few beers then walk back in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Halftime is only 20 minutes...

Sep 20, 2018, 9:58 AM

Most people don't have time to walk all the way back to their cars let alone "chug a few beers".

And yet tons of people still do it***

Sep 20, 2018, 10:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Halftime is only 20 minutes...

Sep 20, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Halftime is only 20 minutes... ]

Most people return late.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Sure it happens....

Sep 20, 2018, 10:23 AM

but to suggest that it "most people" are doing it is completely false.

Do you just have some intrinsic desire to argue with

Sep 20, 2018, 10:27 AM

everything 09 says?

He's not suggesting that most people in the stadium leave at halftime and come back late. He's suggesting that of the group of people that leave at halftime, most of them come back late.

It's true, you can see it. In fact, you can see that a lot of people stay at their tailgates and never come back in the 2nd half.

Which is why I said, "sure it happens."***

Sep 20, 2018, 11:03 AM

Ok, so then why did you add

Sep 20, 2018, 11:57 AM

"but to suggest that it "most people" are doing it is completely false"

when nobody had suggested that "most people are doing it?"

Perhaps it was his "most people return late" comment***

Sep 20, 2018, 4:05 PM

In Columbia, most fans don't return at all after halftime

Sep 20, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Halftime is only 20 minutes... ]

Routinely getting blown out by 3 or 4 touchdowns before the half leads them to getting blown out by their sister in the back of the camper after the game.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Re: Coots Putting a New Coat of Paint on the Chicken Coop...

Sep 20, 2018, 9:43 AM

The staff and trustees are largely out of money so as noted the renovations are revenue neutral at best and note also they have openly admitted they have no real idea how to use and renovate the majority of the space in the Floyd building! Their problem is simple. They have no tradition to sell or use in recruiting, hence celebrating the 1969 ACC championship when they purposely left the conference several years later due to basketball. Naming a segment "2001" is stupid!! This is 2018 and like everything else they would be better off naming it for the OBC who gave them a glance at what it was like to actually matter in the "Sorry Excuse Conference." To bad it only lasted a few years.

First step to modernize WBS - get rid of the outdated light poles!! Second and much more important teach their fans how to act in public! Third clean up concessions and rest rooms! Those alone would "enhance" the experience of sitting through a blow out by the likes of BAMA, Auburn (eventually), Clemson, Georgia, TAMU, LSU (eventually) and even the Citadel. Once Florida and Tennessee return to decent football one could add them to the list as well.

Hope Muscrap survives long enough to see the results of completing a chicken statue outside and a chicken plunking inside. He likely will never see a statue to his "glory years" adjacent to WBS unless it is to denote the "Coaches Graveyard" so already well established.

Go Tigers!

Hate to say it, but Death Valley needs some superficial

Sep 20, 2018, 9:47 AM

improvements as well.

I wish the university would hire a full time pressure washing team that would continuously pressure wash the stadium's concrete.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Coots Putting a New Coat of Paint on the Chicken Coop...

Sep 20, 2018, 10:30 AM

Looks like the plan is get them so drunk they wont recognize how bad the team is. Not sure there is that much alcohol though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FCC asked for this...aluminum was blinding passing planes***

Sep 20, 2018, 2:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic