Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots 94th Ranked Offense..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,048

Coots 94th Ranked Offense..

Nov 20, 2012, 9:46 AM

But yet avg about 32 ppg....deff shows the amount of garbage points they get and relies heavily on they're D getting turnovers and providing them points and short fields to work with. All we have to do is take care of the football and not give them any freebies like they are use to getting every week. The Offense just has to be really smart in this one and we should be fine. The D has to be relentless and know they're role....no mental mistakes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They also run the "four corners" offense to hide their

Nov 20, 2012, 9:54 AM

shortcomings. They will run the play clock down on every down to use up as much time as possible.

So basically...

Nov 20, 2012, 9:55 AM

we play OUR game and not theirs. Play Clemson football, no turnovers and no penalties. Don't give them extra plays on penalties. That's important.
Go Tigers !!!

Re: So basically...

Nov 20, 2012, 10:06 AM

My feelings on SC`s offense are that playing Fla and LSU severely pulled the avg of SC down. They also went a half against Kentucky not doing much. Against FLA they got down and then had to pass which isn`t going to get them anywhere. They don`t have the game to throw it 35 times and win the way NC State did. However , our defense isn`t that good. IMO, we are going to have to rely on SC making mistakes on the offensive side of the ball to win. Their ranking in terms of offense means nothing in this debate, because we can`t stop teams that have multiple playmakers. Now, we do have the ability especially if we stop the run and get them into 3rd and long. I just see us having to score at least 30 to win and as good as we have been going, is still going to be hard against their defense.

My feeling is that wofford pulled their average up

Nov 20, 2012, 10:25 AM

and we will pull there average down

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots 94th Ranked Offense..

Nov 20, 2012, 10:23 AM

We've shown we can be good on D if we don't make stupid mistakes as well. All these busted coverages and the bad communication, which maybe to much to fix right away. But still, if we can just have that bend but don't break defense in this one, it will be good enough. Its all gonna start with our front 4 getting pressure on Shaw...the entire front 4 have been getting better. A few forced fumbles and sacks would be nice.

I wouldn't say it's all garbage points. They have been very

Nov 20, 2012, 10:25 AM

efficient for most of the year, and the defense and ST has made plays to both get scores and to set up short fields.

SC has scored 37 points on D and special teams. Very

Nov 20, 2012, 10:52 AM

opportunistic and it's helped their scoring average. Their O is not as bad as that stat implies though. I'm not asying it's good - it's just not 94th bad...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They get hammered by ELITE SEC Defenses all year.

Nov 20, 2012, 10:54 AM

They have played in the NFL all year while we've played in the Arena League. Just ask them.

If Clemson.***

Nov 20, 2012, 10:59 AM

can put up points in a hurry

Nov 20, 2012, 11:00 AM

They will have a tough time coming back

Sanders and Ellington need to be 'neutralized'.***

Nov 20, 2012, 11:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,048
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic