Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cooter Booters hate that our recruiting is going so well.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Cooter Booters hate that our recruiting is going so well.

Jun 18, 2014, 5:06 PM

That can't stand it. All they can talk about on Coot Propaganda Central is about how crappy our coach is and will be when CH and BV leaves. Of course, they can't see the forest for the trees. When old SOS hangs it up--then what? Hmm . . .?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's sad...they probably spend about 2% of their time

Jun 18, 2014, 6:23 PM

discussing why they can't make it to the SEC Championship game or issues within their own program. Instead they spend 98% of the time worrying about Clemson. Jealousy and hatred is a nasty combo they can't shake...and it puts a smile on my face...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cooter Booters hate that our recruiting is going so well.

Jun 18, 2014, 6:32 PM

Pretty sure their recruiting class is not far behind ours (#6 in composite) so don't see why they are complaining (and actually haven't seen it).

Not sure why our fan base loves to win the recruiting title and somehow let that assuage our failure on the field vs them.

Having a DID moment? Take your meds....***

Jun 18, 2014, 6:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are the typical coot in that you can't get them out

Jun 18, 2014, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Cooter Booters hate that our recruiting is going so well. ]

of your mind.

Jun 18, 2014, 7:27 PM

1) I think South Carolina is pleased with their recruiting as well

2) Clemson has had better recruiting classes the past 5 years but also has 5 double digit losses

3) Not sure many USC fans are jealous of Clemson or would trade programs today.

4) You are the one that started a thread about USC.

5) When SOS leaves USC then I am sure the Gamecocks will be able to choose a quality coach. The program is established now, the revenues strong, the facilities better and the SEC will always draw.....could be a certain Rose Bowl winning coach.

Jun 18, 2014, 7:33 PM

Established? Son, do you know what that word even means?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2014, 7:39 PM

Obviously you don't

When you invest in infrastructure, increase revenues, refurb facilities and take the program overall to a new level then you are established.

When you finish Top 5 last year and win 11 game 3 years in a row the program is established. When you are reloading and not rebuilding you are established.

Dabo has re established Clemson. Ayers established Wofford and Lou started and SOS finished the job of establishing USC...what is so difficult about that to understand.

Jun 18, 2014, 7:44 PM

Everything. Hope this helps.

Jun 18, 2014, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: You are the typical coot in that you can't get them out ]

What does established mean? You're always going to win 11 games a year? Well you better hope your schedule stays favorable, the East continues to be a joke, you keep getting softer teams in bowl games than most double digit win teams wouldn't and you keep dominating the rivalry in an unprecedented fashion. Good luck with that.

Ask Florida what being established is worth. They won two national championships in the last decade and fielded a Heisman trophy winner who is arguably the most recognizable college football player in the history of the sport. They enjoyed losing to Georgia Southern in a meltdown season last year.

Don't look for Spurrier to retire at his peak either. You just better hope he does before UT and UF figure themselves out or you will have just as much buying power on the coaching market at UK and Ole Miss.

I sort of agree with this

Jun 19, 2014, 3:54 PM

We have been a very good team the past few years but we haven't been great.

The schedule has been very fortunate with UF being not a national championship contender and terrible last year. Also UT isn't anywhere near what it was when Spurrier took over in 2005.

That's why I don't understand my fellow gamecocks clamoring for us to schedule extremely tough out of conference games. Eventually we will be just as good as we are now, but with the harder schedule still end up 7-5 or 8-4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jun 18, 2014, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: You are the typical coot in that you can't get them out ]

If you don't think they're established, you've been living under a rock. Three straight top 10 finishes = established.
And you better hope they are. They've dominated CU for 5 years(some of those years without their best players, like Shaw '12 and Lattimore'11 & '12)
It makes us look better losing to an established program,.. You understand that, right?
And their recruiting is right behind us. I don't want to win in June. I want to win in November.

Jun 19, 2014, 10:45 AM

Or Charlie Strong . He would leave a dump like Austin w/their weak no tradition having football program and come to the promised land of National Championship caliber Columbia right ?
Oh wait , I flip flopped the descriptives with the locations.
My bust.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I think he means the "1969 ACC championship" established

Jun 18, 2014, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: You are the typical coot in that you can't get them out ]

their program. BWAHAHa,!!!

They have 5th place rings. They have arrived..........

Jun 19, 2014, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: You are the typical coot in that you can't get them out ]

May Spurrier live sober forever!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have 5th place rings. They have arrived..........

Jun 19, 2014, 9:35 AM

Sober is not in the cards for his Cootness. Maybe you could ask that he live in relative comfort forever ...but sober ?
Yeah , no.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 18, 2014, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: You are the typical coot in that you can't get them out ]

There's only 3 recruits I like from SCar. 4 if you land Bailey. But we'll see how it is in a few years.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jun 18, 2014, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: You are the typical coot in that you can't get them out ]

Established? In what? You had to cheat to beat your rival, because you sure have not won anything else.

Failure to monitor for S. Carolina
Updated: April 27, 2012, 5:39 PM ET
Associated Press

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- The NCAA has ruled that South Carolina failed to monitor its athletic program that resulted in various rules violations and has accepted the school's proposed sanctions to cut six football scholarships and slash its official recruiting visits by more than half in the coming year.

There were no forfeiture of games or bowl ban attached to the penalties, which stemmed from athletes receiving $59,000 in impermissible benefits. The NCAA said South Carolina's cooperation went "beyond standard expectations."

NCAA committee on infractions chairman Britton Banowsky said it was obvious early on that South Carolina wanted to get at the truth and in some instances did more than was required during the enforcement process.

Scholarships for coach Steve Spurrier's football program will be reduced by three in each of the next two years, while official recruiting visits will be cut from 56 to 30 in 2012-2013.
"They took the interview process and discovery process to a higher level," Banowsky said.

The school also will pay a fine of $18,500. The football team will lose three of its 85 scholarships in both the 2013 and 2014 seasons. It also will cut official visits for football recruiting to 30 from 56 during the 20012-13 academic year.

The NCAA's final report revised up the total of impermissible benefits by $4,000 to $59,000.

South Carolina was placed on probation for three years, ending April 26, 2015.

South Carolina athletic director Eric Hyman pledged from the start his department would cooperate fully with the NCAA

"The university regrets the past actions and decisions by individuals that resulted in violations of NCAA legislation," Hyman said in a statement released after the NCAA ruling. "We are pleased, however, that the Committee on Infractions found the corrective actions we have taken and the penalties we have self-imposed reflect the university's commitment to full compliance with NCAA rules."

The case involved athletes staying at a local hotel near campus at a reduced rate and its connection to a mentoring group based in Delaware.

South Carolina president Harris Pastides said the university appreciated the NCAA's "thoughtful consideration of our case."

"While it is most unfortunate that we stumbled, we have certainly had a teachable moment from this experience which will strengthen our resolve to ensure that our athletics and our university operate in full compliance with NCAA legislation," Pastides said.

The NCAA found the Whitney Hotel charged a rate of $14.95 per athlete for two-bedroom suites. The NCAA said the rate should've been more than $57 per night for each athlete. One football player who spent more than year at the hotel, the NCAA said, received an extra benefit worth $19,280.

Former South Carolina compliance director Jennifer Stiles had said the hotel rate was comparable to other available off-campus housing. The NCAA called her assessment "flawed" in correspondence from 2010, and said the school should have compared the rate to the price for others who stayed at the Whitney long term.

"Had this good faith error in judgment not occurred, the university believes the violations in allegation one would have been minimized," South Carolina said in its NCAA response.

The NCAA also alleged that South Carolina received $8,000 in improper benefits from the Student Athlete Mentoring Foundation.

SAMF president Steve Gordon and treasurer Kevin Lahn were found to have paid for several unofficial visits by Gamecocks freshman receiver Damiere Byrd. Both Gordon and Lahn are South Carolina graduates.

Byrd was suspended for South Carolina's first four games and had to pay back $2,700.

Lahn also paid for a $3,350 dinner cruise on nearby Lake Murray for several prospects that was also attended by track coach Curtis Frye and 16 members of his program.

Football coach Steve Spurrier was not named in the violations.

The NCAA committee said "at least four athletic department employees did not recognize the potential violations."

South Carolina said it would pay a fine of $18,500 for four athletes who competed in 2009 and 2010 while ineligible because of these violations.

The university has disassociated itself from three boosters; Gordon Lahn, and Whitney general manager Jamie Blevins.

Stiles was demoted and her salary cut by 15 percent. She is still employed in the compliance office.

Other penalties included suspending Frye from coaching his team during this weekend's Penn Relays, limiting official visits to 50 for the men's and women's track team and already completed recruiting bans for basketball assistant Michael Boynton and quarterbacks coach G.A. Mangus.

Boynton was part of former coach Darrin Horn's staff and was not retained by replacement Frank Martin.

The penalties could've been much more severe. Banowsky, commissioner of Conference USA, said South Carolina chose not to manage information and protect itself from NCAA investigators as other schools have done when faced with allegations of rule breaking.

"They wanted to ask all the hard questions of all the right people," Banowsky said. "Even went beyond what the NCAA staff was doing. We see that less likely than we see the other approach and the report reflects how pleased the committee was with their diligence."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2014, 8:47 AM

Did you actually read that? The NCAA was extremely complimentary of how SC handled that situation.
No, I doubt you read it.

Jun 19, 2014, 8:58 AM

I honestly don't know what is worse. That you cheated or that you complied with the NCAA for any punishment at all.

South Carolina, the Dr. Pepper Self-Correcting of NCAA Infractions National Champion.

Jun 19, 2014, 9:14 AM

They pretend that cheating and lying is ok , as long as it correlates to winning .
It is the lovable lifetime loser mantra.

DB23

Jun 19, 2014, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: You are the typical coot in that you can't get them out ]

I read it. So what? Just because you did things right after you got caught does not mean you didn't cheat.

Jun 18, 2014, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Cooter Booters hate that our recruiting is going so well. ]

AThomas- still trying too hard I see, what a pumper...

1. Our recruiting class is solid, I promise no one in Cola is worried. Take that to the bank!

2. The only person worried about a post Spurrier USC is you. We are worried about 2014, nothing more. Those are cowards assjmptions.

3. How would Clemson do in the SEC? How many SEC Championship appearances would you have in the last 5 years since you havent beaten us???

Why would anybody think you coots are worried???

Jun 18, 2014, 8:41 PM

Maybe spending all these hours daily on TN????

Yeah, that's great logic there...remember when we beat

Jun 18, 2014, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Cooter Booters hate that our recruiting is going so well. ]

Auburn and all you USuCk fans could say was, 'well they're a down team...' Then they turn right around and beat you.

You clowns think football is as simple as A + B = C...you think YOU are the measure of an SEC power? No, you are nothing more than a program that can't accomplish jake ####. So what's Slurrier's alternative? Starting December, he probably sits down and makes a game plan to beat Clemson. Why? Because that's all you inbreeds care about, and then only thing meaningful you'll ever win. You may have five in a row, but that's probably because our coach knows which games are important...weould you like another look at an Orange Bowl trophy?

No -- a Clemson fan yes.

Jun 19, 2014, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Cooter Booters hate that our recruiting is going so well. ]

1) Then those callers wanting to know why Clemson is ranked ahead of the Cooter Booters in recruiting and who questioned Dabo as a coach were Clemson fans calling the Coot radio stations? Hmm . . . I don't think so.

2) I don't know anything about a coward but I do know that when a "legend" leaves -- especially one that has done what none other has done at USC -- then replicating that success is a hard deal for almost any program.

3) Clemson would do just fine thank you. I found it funny when Cooter Booters talked about how it would be years and years before Texas A&M or Missouri had any success in the SEC using their own history to compare. Funny how that didn't happen. As far as trying to hard--what do you call coming on a Clemson website to post?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No -- a Clemson fan yes.

Jun 19, 2014, 9:59 AM

> 1) Then those callers wanting to know why Clemson is
> ranked ahead of the Cooter Booters in recruiting and
> who questioned Dabo as a coach were Clemson fans
> calling the Coot radio stations? Hmm . . . I don't
> think so.
>
> 2) I don't know anything about a coward but I do know
> that when a "legend" leaves -- especially one that
> has done what none other has done at USC -- then
> replicating that success is a hard deal for almost
> any program.
>
> 3) Clemson would do just fine thank you. I found it
> funny when Cooter Booters talked about how it would
> be years and years before Texas A&M or Missouri had
> any success in the SEC using their own history to
> compare. Funny how that didn't happen. As far as
> trying to hard--what do you call coming on a Clemson
> website to post?
>
> GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
> Message was edited by: AThomas®

AThomas-

1. Im glad you judge an entire fanbase on one orbtwo callers". Should i judge the entire clemson fanbase on the one or two people who call coots imbreds, then turn around and preach abour clemson class? USC fans are not scared, they are just curious how you guys can rack up commitments at this time every year. It is good recruiting Ill give you that.

2.Again the only person who seems concerned with SOS leaving is you. Thanks though for openly admitting that he is a legend and difference maker. Let me ask you this....When Saban retires will Bama suck? When Stoops retires, will Oklahoma suck? So why do you assume we will? No we are not on their level bf you spin that, but our AD (remember him, he has some hardware to his name) knows how to win and understand what it takes to sustain a program. I promise we are not going anywhere. We may not win 11 every year but 6-5 days are gone.

3. You would obvioualy fair no better in the SEC than we do bc losing to us would give you a conference loss and you arent running the table, therefore making you no better than us.

Ibread this board bc the internet is a free place to be. I didnt realize there was a no tresspassing sign. Every now and then there is a decent thread with real logic and tgat is why i read. I also read UNC, NC State, UGA, and others. It is called loved for the game and interest. Get over yourself dude, you will do or say anything to be liked.

Jun 19, 2014, 10:05 AM

Spurrier is a legend at the Two Notch liquor store . He is a legend to Florida Gators fans because he accomplished both conference championships and a national championship .
In Cootlumbia , he is just keeping his job by beating Clemson so far...when that run ends in November he will be retiring. It is the only thing he has done that can be deemed a success...the four good SEC teams from the past decade do not include the Coots , no matter how hard Otis tries to mouth it into existence.

DB23

LOL. I don't give a #### if what I say anyone likes or not

Jun 19, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: No -- a Clemson fan yes. ]

I am for Clemson. Period. What a troll you are.

OBTW: 6-5 days are gone?

Jun 19, 2014, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: No -- a Clemson fan yes. ]

These last 5 years in a down Eastern Division of the SEC has gone to your head. LOL.

Re: OBTW: 6-5 days are gone?

Jun 19, 2014, 10:28 AM

This new breed with this new attitude and elitist ideas sure are a fun bunch to observe aren't they ?
We are different , we dont dwell on our miserable first 1.25 centuries , we have beaten yall and we are never going back to anonymity in cfb ... ever again.
If one does not recognize the importance of its history then they will be terrified upon its inevitable return.
Coots are living the high life right now ...but the truth is just waiting to fall on them . Can't wait.

DB23

Jun 19, 2014, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: No -- a Clemson fan yes. ]

Maybe you can give Ron Zook a shot. I hear he is great at following up a Spurrier team.

So do you consider this a decent thread with real logic?

Jun 20, 2014, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: No -- a Clemson fan yes. ]

Or are you here because you're butt hurt when someone speaks poorly of your chickens? I think it's the latter.

And yes, if Saban leaves there is a good possibility they will trend downward. I'd imagine many players go there to play FOR Saban, a modern day legend in the making. Just ask UF how a losing a national championship winning coach effects the program. Ohio State is trending upwards...coincidence? I think not.

Jun 19, 2014, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Cooter Booters hate that our recruiting is going so well. ]

I always hear assumptions on how we would do if were in the SEC. There are several flaws in the answers I hear.

One, assuming we were in the East like sc, we would not be playing ALA, LSU, AU, etc. every year. The SEC has some great teams at the top, but there are plenty of bottom feeders.

Two, besides the blip on the radar that is your streak (The only streak you have had in 45 years by the way), we have acquitted ourselves pretty well against the SEC - LSU, AU, GA

Finally, if we were in the SEC, we would have SEC money, the SEC name to further our recruiting, the SEC look the other way mentality as it applies to rules, etc. The only leg up sc has on us is the SEC label.

We've done well recruiting and will continue our upward path. Simply put, if we were in the SEC, we would be a better team now and the last 5 years we've played.

Congrats on the last five years. I look forward to the next five.

And at the same time you would slip up

Jun 19, 2014, 3:56 PM

Against a down UT or Auburn like we have as well.

I don't think you would lose every big game, but at the same time you can't believe you would avoid the upsets that come with the SEC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You miss my point

Jun 20, 2014, 7:09 AM

I wouldn't worry about the upsets that "Come with the SEC". An upset by definition is when a team that is not as good as you beats you. The SEC upset candidates are no different than the ACC, PAC whatever, Big10, etc.

I believe our past history reflects exactly how we would handle upsets in any conference. With TB, yes, we did and would lose to many teams we were not supposed to. Dabo has shown he prepares his teams and we seldom lose to teams we are supposed to beat, and it is trending up.

Sure if you just ignore the disparity

Jun 20, 2014, 11:21 AM

In depth between the two conferences. There were 7 sec teams ranked ahead of the third ranked ACC team in the final bcs ranking.

Re: Of the seven you mention

Jun 20, 2014, 9:10 PM

You played exactly two, lost to UGA and were lucky to escape MIZZOU. We beat UGA. The top three in the SEC according to the final BCS poll were in the West.

ACC was 2-0 in BCS games and brought home the National Championship. Unless it's Clemson, the last part doesn't thrill me that much.

I'm not trying to downplay the talented teams in the SEC, I just don't think there is currently as much disparity as you and the media would like to believe.

As I said if you choose to deny it

Jun 20, 2014, 9:49 PM

we can't have a meaningful conversation.

Re: As I said if you choose to deny it

Jun 20, 2014, 9:57 PM

You cannot use logic w/Coot fans. They were all born in 2009 and they are completely under the spell of a drunk.

DB23

Uhh...

Jun 20, 2014, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Cooter Booters hate that our recruiting is going so well. ]

Number three is a horrible question.

A) Ask Auburn, LSU or Georgia how we'd do.

B) The SEC was 0-2 in BCS bowls this past season, losing to the ACC and Big XII.

The Clemson administration should consider fewer OOC with the SEC. The ACC is clearly the top conference and playing SEC schools will obviously hurt our strength of schedule in the new playoff system.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

So many coots on this thread.

Jun 18, 2014, 8:37 PM

All pretending to be Tigers. So pathetic. At least the Terrier guy has the balls to not have a CU handle and rep his team.

If your a coot then at least have the balls to admit it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2014, 10:18 PM

Rumor has it that Bob Stoops will succeed his old mentor when SOS HANGS IT UP.

Jun 19, 2014, 10:20 PM

Where should I put that on the list of things I care about? Should that go directly above or below the National Hockey League?

Jun 19, 2014, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Cooter Booters hate that our recruiting is going so well. ]

Did you get drunk with Mangus tonight or smoke chicken sh**?

Jun 20, 2014, 8:31 AM

Congratulations on your recruiting class. Now go ahead and tell me how the streak ends in the valley just like it was going to 2 years ago.

Jun 20, 2014, 11:23 AM

The streak ends in the Valley this year, Coot.

42-7 Tigers

How about Texas A&M

Jun 20, 2014, 12:14 PM

Both my teams are killing it.

Only team hotter than Clemson right now is Texas A&M and Sumlin is likely going to sign 5 five star guys.

And we can watch then beat USuk every year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2014, 8:43 AM

so the recruiting rankings matter, but the final AP rankings are meaningless? only in Clemson..

Jun 21, 2014, 8:50 AM

Finosh first in your division , Coot. Or finish by winning your conference , Coot. Or finish in a Nationally relevant Bowl game by beating very good competition , Coot.
Or finish ranked 1 , where they put a crystal football in your trophy case .
Until then , only in Dirtpeckerville will high ranking finishes matter to a fanbase having tasted such sparse success .
Good luck with the 5th Place rings and your imagined soapboxes.

DB23

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic