Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#CootLogic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

#CootLogic

Feb 22, 2015, 10:14 AM

So I'm at dinner last night with my girlfriend. We are both young alums. This chicken fan is sitting in the booth right behind us. She is loud and obnoxious like they tend to be. I hear her say to the table my son got his acceptance letter to both Clemson and SCar. She then says "I don't care where he goes.... As long as it's not that redneck school in Clemson harharharhar"

I chuckled of course bc it's just silly. Clemson, a school requiring higher test scores and higher GPAs to get in is a "redneck school", What does that make SCar??

Also add in these facts:

Clemson average starting salary: $48,500.... Average mid-career salary: $86,000

SCar starting salary: $40,000..... Mid-career salary: $71,000

Those differences add up to the average Clemson alum making an additional $500,000 over their life time compared to the average SCar alum.

I guess the old saying is true... You can't fix stupid!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Usually a parent wants their children to have a better life than

Feb 22, 2015, 10:18 AM

themselves. To be kept from Clemson to spend a lifetime clucking and pecking dirt is criminal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

GOOD parents want their kids to have a better life

Feb 22, 2015, 10:27 AM

Scar parents on the other hand...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt she got her degree from SCAR in Suckology.***

Feb 22, 2015, 11:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's not nice.***

Feb 22, 2015, 11:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #CootLogic

Feb 22, 2015, 12:37 PM

All one has to do is visit BOTH campuses, and the decision becomes extremely clear. CLEMSON is a real college campus, and I have no idea what USUC's campus is.

In high school I thought USUC was the better school because our HS QB (Mike Fair) was a QB for them (if my memory serves - that was in the 60's). I think he was our QB and President of student body, etc, so he had to be smart - right? Well - once I visited their campus, I knew I never wanted to go there. Who knows - maybe Mike received a schollie from them? Anyway, I absolutely loved CLEMSON, so the choice was easy for me, and the rest is history. Just visit BOTH campuses - it becomes clear really fast.

Re: #CootLogic

Feb 22, 2015, 1:51 PM

My buddy's daughter didn't do as well as she had liked on the SAT. Her guidance counselor gave her a list of colleges that would accept her with lower range scores. USuC was at the top of the list, while Clemson was not even on said list. It was that way when I was looking for colleges back in 1990. The low scorers went to USC -Upstate(then Spartanburg)or Columbia, while the higher SAT scorers went to Clemson, Furman, Wofford etc. This info is there for everyone to see...I do not understand why coots still spew that lie.

Better to be a redneck than white trash***

Feb 22, 2015, 1:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Better to be a redneck than white trash***

Feb 22, 2015, 1:59 PM

Redneck does not imply stupidity from my perspective. I've known a lot of really intelligent country folks .
White trash on the other hand....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic