Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot golden age coming to an end...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,986

Coot golden age coming to an end...

Nov 23, 2014, 1:33 PM

It's been a nice run for the feathered fowl. Some nice W/L records, some nice bowl games, and a nice string of wins over us. Obviously no SEC titles- conference titles are for the big boys of that conference, but I digress...

For some reason I just get the feeling that the greatest run in chicken history is coming to an end. They were supposed to be very, very good this year and compete for the East... They didn't come close. On top of that their best players have left town and ol' Slurrier has one foot out the door. I think the end of an era is going to be official this Saturday at Noon in Death Valley. Just a hunch. After Saturday, they come back to reality and return to who they truly are: the doormat of the SEC East and second fiddle to the Clemson Tigers.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coot golden age coming to an end...

Nov 23, 2014, 1:45 PM

I share that hunch my Tiger friend. It's the first time in 5 years I've had that hunch. I always have faith in my Tigers, but for some reason, this year and this game is different. I don't know why I feel this way, but I think we not only win, but we win big. Perhaps we will see garnet and black heading for the exits before the game is over. I know none of this is based on facts, injury reports or statistics. No football reason, just a feeling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 2:26 PM

you do realize we also have been in and are in our best ever period also right? we have only won I acc championship in 20 plus years also. our hopes of keeping our golden era going look very good right now with our best ever recruiting class coming in and our coach not leaving like the coots. but we REALLY need to win the acc and possibly a nc to be considered an elite program. so yes we are in a better position but not by as much as we should be.

Nov 23, 2014, 2:47 PM

thanks for sharing that cocklover!

Nov 23, 2014, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot golden age coming to an end... ]

You're right Clemson is going in the right direction but it's time to start beating FSU and being considered a threat on the national scene. The next few years are crucial for us to take that next step as a program.

you must not have been around in the '80's. we were the

Nov 23, 2014, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot golden age coming to an end... ]

5th most winningest program in div.1-A of that decade, i do believe.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5th place rings = golden age.

Nov 23, 2014, 3:47 PM

Oh yeah, they're gonna miss that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At some point, a recruit has to say to himself, Spurrier

Nov 23, 2014, 5:34 PM

Won't be around my whole 4 years. I don't know if that time has come yet, recruits are still making the commitment. I will be glad to see him go, but I think we are going to have to deal with him 3-4 more years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At some point, a recruit has to say to himself, Spurrier

Nov 23, 2014, 8:32 PM

Another loss to USC and a recruit will be saying will Dabo be around my whole four years

The biggest game of their program's history...

Nov 23, 2014, 8:34 PM

56-17 beat down by Auburn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Ummm, it's already ended.

Nov 23, 2014, 8:52 PM

They were suppose to win the East this year. Next year they'll be even worse.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,986
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic