Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson makes decision on Steve Smith
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson makes decision on Steve Smith

May 3, 2019, 10:07 AM

Clemson makes decision on Steve Smith

Clemson Athletics has not renewed the contract of assistant men’s basketball coach Steve Smith, which expired on April 30, 2019. STATEMENT FROM HEAD MEN’S BASKE Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Humane treatment

May 3, 2019, 10:10 AM

I thought we might turn BuzzPaw loose on him

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Humane treatment

May 3, 2019, 10:16 AM

I'm down for that

May 3, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Humane treatment ]

Hopefully the administration had him sign an NDA. This guy could go rogue and start blabbering BS in an attempt to save his professional hide.

I hope the opposite. Let him blather, the more he talks, the

May 3, 2019, 10:49 AM

easier it will be for all to see that he was a loose cannon acting on his own, with no input from the University.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Humane treatment ]

The women's basketball team received little to no headlines despite having a wonderful year. A great year for Women's BB!!! Go Tigers.

However, Men's BB continues to plug away under-performing and settling for meritocracy year after year. We need to overhaul the Men's program from top to bottom. BB needs to be relieved of his duties too.

I believe "meritocracy" is what you want, "mediocrity" is

May 3, 2019, 10:50 AM

what you are saying we have.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe "meritocracy" is what you want, "mediocrity" is

May 3, 2019, 11:10 PM

Anyone else from the 80's remember Bill Atchley talking about mediocrisy? And then The Tiger staff writing about how that would be government by the mediocre?

May 3, 2019, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Humane treatment ]

Year after year? We were 3 points away from the Elite 8 in 2018...wake up

Re: Elite Eight?!?

May 3, 2019, 11:44 AM

"We were so bad, i didn't even care that we were good!!"

--some Tnet basketball posters

If you really wanna go there then please provide a similar

May 3, 2019, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Humane treatment ]

summary for all 9 years.

Thanks in advance, Judge.

You can imagine that our Sweet 16 season didn't happen

May 3, 2019, 3:33 PM

but it still happened. No matter how badly you seem to wish it didn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Actually I wish you didn't try to speak for me. You're

May 4, 2019, 10:53 AM

completely wrong. For the umpteenth time, I like Brad, a lot. I like the successes he's had, albeit they are minimal in the grand scheme of things. For the life of me, I can't imagine why you would possibly think I wish he didn't have that awesome sweet 16 run? That's crazy. Once again, your emotions and outright love for Brad have clouded your ability at rational thought. Where in the world would you come up with something so silly?? Do you honestly think I dislike him? Um, that would be a resounding NO.

So please stop with that type of utter nonsense. And too, it sure would be nice if would "man up" and apologize for your unfounded comment as well as take away the CHILDISH -1 you gave me for your complete misrepresentation.

And too, let's not glaze over the fact you made no attempt to answer the original question... tgerpride16?

May 3, 2019, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Humane treatment ]

I second that!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson makes decision on Steve Smith

May 3, 2019, 10:12 AM

Maybe why Brad didn’t show up in Florence - wrangling over the Steve Smith question??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 3, 2019, 10:47 AM

Maybe why Brad didn’t show up in Florence - wrangling over the Steve Smith question??

I hope there wasn't much wrangling because it was pretty much "cut and dried". I'm sure they all had to listen to his story, get the legal stuff together and hear all the apologies but IMO, he was done without question when the interview was made public.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 12:12 PM

I agree - saddis - it was “cut and dried” - the “wrangling “ I was talking about was squaring away the legal stuff you mentioned- and deciding exactly how to handle it publicly......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Good point. It doesn't seem his absence was due to his

May 3, 2019, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson makes decision on Steve Smith ]

own imminent firing.

Welcome back, Brad. NOW GET IT DONE. NOW.

There was no wrangling. Brad wanted him gone ASAP.

May 3, 2019, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson makes decision on Steve Smith ]

Brad was out recruiting, rather than going to the Florence Prowl and Growl.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

May 3, 2019, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson makes decision on Steve Smith ]

I’d be shocked if Brad goes on the Prowl and Growl circuit the rest of the way.

May 3, 2019, 10:15 AM

Well , if Mr. Mouth has any evidence to support his defaming assertions of " in-house " dallying ... now would be the time to show everyone .

I'm not convinced he has anything to show , other that a doorknob mark on his rear end .

DB23

Lol - Dug - +1 for “doorknob mark on ....

May 3, 2019, 10:22 AM

.... his rear end”......

Re: Lol - Dug - +1 for “doorknob mark on ....

May 3, 2019, 10:46 AM

Tigerdug has always been known for being free with his compliments.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 11:28 AM

1st Son of a "matter-of-fact" Master Chief , Mr . Joe21 ;)

DB23

May 3, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol - Dug - +1 for “doorknob mark on .... ]

Lol - Agree with you the on that - Joe .... -:)

Who say dat?***

May 3, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson makes decision on Steve Smith ]

May 3, 2019, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson makes decision on Steve Smith ]

Right on, Tigerdug! May the door knob hit him where the Good Lord split him!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 10:20 AM

So now you've done it Steve Smith, get your chit and get the H&11 off the property of Clemson University. You're a very bad apple that no Tiger want's to see your face around Clemson ever again, just leave, Get the H&11 OUT!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure why?

May 3, 2019, 11:26 AM

You are only getting an 80%??? Must be some COOTS on here!!!! I hope to never hear from him again personally.

Re: Not sure why?

May 3, 2019, 12:09 PM

I know - TigerFaction - saw evidence of TD’s on some other posts in this thread .. Wish we could get rid of all the TD’ing coots on here !!

good riddance***

May 3, 2019, 10:20 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot attempt to counter-attack in 3, 2, 1 ...***

May 3, 2019, 10:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

They need to remove his bio from the coaching/staff

May 3, 2019, 11:01 AM

section for basketball on the clemsontigers.com official website ASAP!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. And I hope Brad and Dan have a plan in place for the

May 3, 2019, 12:55 PM

next guy.

Smith's photo and bio are already taken down:

May 3, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to They need to remove his bio from the coaching/staff ]

https://clemsontigers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/

Don’t let the door hit your butt on the way out!***

Feb 9, 2020, 8:59 PM

Re: Don’t let the door hit your butt on the way out!***

May 3, 2019, 11:24 AM

Has he ever been accused of doing a great recruiting job? Let’s definitely upgrade.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

May 3, 2019, 12:28 PM

"Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich said Friday both that he was "very confident" that Clemson basketball runs a clean program"

Either that or they REALLY bad cheaters

May 3, 2019, 5:11 PM

There is a guy named "#### Bender" . Is this a joke? LMFAO

May 4, 2019, 12:30 AM

Nyep .

DB23

Re: TNET: Clemson makes decision on Steve Smith***

May 4, 2019, 12:19 AM

May 4, 2019, 2:26 PM

Coach BB has undoubtedly been having trouble keeping a stern face when out and about in public lately since this made him pretty much unfireable (at least for a couple years!) and you just know as soon as he walks into a bathroom and finally has some privacy he starts dancing like Michael Jackson replete with the trademarked snap kick, tips an imaginary top hat down and then begins moonwalking back and forth in front of the mirror all the while watching himself before screaming into a towel to help muffle the sound, MJ's Hee Hee!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siLkbdVxntU

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic