Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot Co-worker having a field day with Tillman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 2,390

Coot Co-worker having a field day with Tillman

Jan 7, 2016, 4:56 PM

Saying that we're a racist school. Really? All the while, he sports a Trump 2016 bumper sticker on his car. What a hypocritical jack@ss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a terrible thread.***

Jan 7, 2016, 4:57 PM

Possibly the worst I've seen today***

ROH

You know about half the time I start to post a message,

Jan 7, 2016, 4:58 PM

I read it back to myself and hit 'Cancel'.

exactly***

Jan 7, 2016, 4:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some folks just don't know how to say no.

Jan 7, 2016, 5:02 PM [ in reply to You know about half the time I start to post a message, ]

This guy is probably easily peer pressured into doing lots of drugs and things.

ROH

And things?***

Jan 7, 2016, 5:03 PM

####***

Jan 7, 2016, 5:05 PM

ROH

Re: Coot Co-worker having a field day with Tillman

How's Trump a racist?

well, he's a white male 50+ = racist

Jan 7, 2016, 5:02 PM

keep up with the news in the world man

null

Jan 7, 2016, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot Co-worker having a field day with Tillman ]

You took the Bait

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

I don't care for Trump...

But is he racist?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't care for Trump...

Jan 7, 2016, 6:33 PM

Trump probably don't care if you care for him or not.
Who the he!! are you?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2016, 5:01 PM

Just tell them to look into the building on their own campus and who they are named for....

Jan 7, 2016, 5:07 PM

Better yet tell them every pre-Civil War building on their campus, "the Horseshoe" was built using slave labor! I know because as a historian I learned this doing research on our State House in the early 1990s as part of the eventual restoration project in 1995.

Jan 7, 2016, 5:04 PM

Mention the Strom Thurmond Wellness Center to your coot co-worker, that just opened like 12 years ago.

Typical #### loving JockStrap....

Jan 7, 2016, 5:21 PM

trying to burn-down Clemson's house in some weak desperate attempt to make theirs look better.

In SCU's beloved horseshoe, the area of campus that they highly tout and brag about, they have a couple of buildings of note;

1 - DeSaussure College (1809) named after Henry William DeSaussure. DeSaussure and his brother-in-law, Timothy Ford, were powerful Charleston lawyers and of course owned many slaves. Calling captive Africans "dark and savage barbarians," South Carolina Judge Henry William Desaussure wrote in 1822, "Are the slaves, it is again asked, possessed of the qualities necessary to convert them with safety at once into freemen, with all political privileges? ... The answer must be in the negative. The body of them would either be the blind and violent instruments of some of their own cunning and base leaders ... or they would be a dead, inert mass, mere hewers of wood and drawers of water."

2 - Also located on the Horseshoe at SCU, you will find Rutledge College (1805) named after John Rutledge. John Rutledge was one of very few of our founding fathers in support of slavery and was a slave holder. He was an "American legislator who, as a delegate to the Constitutional Convention of 1787, strongly supported the protection of slavery and the concept of a strong central government"

3. In addition to these two remarkable examples of popular $CU buildings named after racists and slaveholders, we also find the McCutchen House (1813) also located in USC's Horseshoe. It is named for Professor George McCutchen, who lived in the house from 1915 to World War II. In this case it cannot be proven that this house was named after a racist but instead we find that it actually housed slaves!!! "During the Horseshoe renovation project in the 1970s, evidence of slave quarters was found on the third floor.. That's right, slaves were living on the University of South Carolina campus.

Now, tell me again which school praises and honors men with racist views?

I won’t even get into $CU closing its doors in the late 1800's rather than admit black students as mandated by reconstruction

or

Slavery at South Carolina College, 1801–1865:
The Foundations of the University of South Carolina
1815–1816: Jack, the First College-owned Slave

The period of 1815–1816 was significant because it included the college’s first experiment in slave ownership. In 1808, the board of trustees hired one slave to work exclusively for the college at the rate of $100 per year. Several years later, the board hired Jack to work in this capacity. He possessed special skills that made him an excellent asset to the chemical department, where he served as a laboratory assistant. The college purchased Jack in 1816 for $900.

In addition to Jack, many other hired-out slaves worked on campus at this time. Various building contractors and the steward hired the majority of these slaves. Contractors used slave labor to make bricks, build fences, and to construct and maintain the college buildings and grounds. The steward supervised slaves working in Stewards Hall. Records dating from November 1816 indicate that the steward employed fifteen slaves who produced, prepared, and served student meals. This group included a butcher, a baker, four female kitchen workers, a wagon driver, and two additional laborers who “cut wood, [worked] in the garden, and [went] to the mills.” The steward hired additional slaves to make students’ beds and sweep the tenements and public spaces. In addition to paying for tuition and board, students paid an annual fee to defray the cost of hiring and caring for the slaves who performed these services.

Or

James Marion Sims (the Sims College) used slaves as experimental subjects. Sims operated on at least 10 slave women (some on multiple occasions) from about 1845 to 1849 without anesthesia (although anesthesia was available)

Or these little nuggets;

One of the oldest Black Greek letter fraternities is challenging a rash of racist Internet messages posted on a national fraternity/sorority Web site.

The Zeta Zeta chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, based on the campus of the University of South Carolina, has been the subject of bigoted and derogatory postings regarding its move to the all-White Greek Village. The area mainly comprises mansion-like houses owned by predominately White fraternities and sororities.

Some postings on the Internet site www.fratty.net have expressed disdain at having the Omega house or any other Black-owned facility in Greek Village:

*'The spooks, i mean Q-dawgs, are building a house'

*'There goes the neighborhood'

*'I propose throwing a cotton picking party for them when they move in. a thousand pounds of cotton in the front yard. sure jesse jackson will be here in a heart beat, but it will be funny as hell watching them pick it up'

*'That cotton idea is funny as **** and a great way to set the tone for their time here. Hopefully, the house never actually gets built, though. It will only bring loud #######, even louder n***** b*****, and trashy *** wiggers and white-trash girls around. But hopefully Darwin was right and these spooks will wind up tearing the house down in a week or two. Much longer than that and we'll have to do it for them. What do you say guys? Heres to ridding the village of our african-american infestation'

*'I'm going to hang a black dummy out my window when they are ready to move in'

*'Hah. yall ready for this? nothing but crack viles and broken forty bottles in the street, gunshots in the middle of the night, overgrown plants and weeds on the lawn, ####### walking around with crunk chalices. Pimped-out 95 Accords, and unsanctioned parties at 4 a.m. in the morning on Tuesdays. I hope the Zetas don't discover jungle fever and hang with them negroids looking for some sex'

It's is rediculous that USuCk fans continue to claim Clemson is a racist school based on Tillman's views. Racism was predominant in SC in the 1800s. However, some Capons have refused to move into the 21st century as racist comments are routinely posted on all the gamecock boards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Typical #### loving JockStrap....

Jan 7, 2016, 5:23 PM

Crackers...

Re: i h ave,yet, to run across graduates , from any school,

Jan 7, 2016, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Typical #### loving JockStrap.... ]

in the state of SC who are as ignorant as those front the U. Of South Carolina. Brother, they have a case of it.

MAN THATS CRAZY CAUSE LIKE THIS GUY I WORK WITH

Jan 7, 2016, 5:23 PM

WENT TO FRANCIS MARIO AN HE THINKS HES SO ELITE CAUSE HE WENT TO A PRIVATE SCHOOL AND I'M LIKE YEAH WELL LEMME KNOW WHO FAMOUS WENT TO FRANCIS MARION AND HE DIDN'T KNOW NOBODY AND HE ASKED ME AND I TOLD HIM ABOUT JANE ROBELOT AND HE SHUT UP PRETTY FAST AND I THINK HES A COOT ANYWAY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Francis Marion is not a private school. Jane

Jan 7, 2016, 5:34 PM

graduated from Clemson.

I KNOW THATS WHY I MENTIONED JANE TO SHUT HIM

Jan 7, 2016, 5:36 PM

UP I THINK MY POST WAS CLEAR ABOUT THAT ALSO HE TRIED TO SAY SOMETHING ELSE TO GET THE LAST WORD AND I JUST YELLED OUT "JENNIFER MILLS PM MAGAZINE!!!" AND HE JUST SHOOK HIS HEAD AND WALKED OFF CAUSE HE KNEW HED BEEN BEAT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you whine like this to your wife every night?

Jan 7, 2016, 5:37 PM

No wonder she won't stop texting me.

Slaves built and worked at SCar

Jan 7, 2016, 5:45 PM

I would not put it past being coots who did the vandalism.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

SCU owned slaves and their fans still chant racial slurs at games...

Jan 7, 2016, 6:01 PM

also the racist coot frat boys on display in the 2006 movie Borat. Also, Clemson can't change the name, it's law that the SC Legislature has to approve the name change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2016, 6:03 PM

Tillman was a racist and so were the people at USC in the 1800's . Trump is not but maybe you are?

Ask him why Columbia has a larger than life Tillman Statue?***

Jan 7, 2016, 6:19 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Ask him why Columbia has a larger than life Tillman Statue?***

Jan 7, 2016, 6:53 PM

When are people gonna learn that you cant change history..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2016, 7:40 PM

I'm looking for a screen shot of FGF site from several days back +/- regarding the potential negative publicity the Tillman issue would have on Clemson Recruiting if this issue were to come up before the National Championship game.

I'm still looking for it. It may have been deleted. I remember reading the rather long narrative in a recruiting meltdown thread thinking how ridiculous. Like USC didn't have some racism in it's founders before the Civil War or some building named after a racist.

Please pass this along as it might show intent and possible clues as to who did this. Let's find the person that did this.

Thanks

Replies: 28
| visibility 2,390
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic