Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To ALL Clemson Fans and Dr. Nikolai Telsa
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

To ALL Clemson Fans and Dr. Nikolai Telsa

Dec 31, 2015, 9:27 AM

Dr. Nikolai Telsa and All CU fans

OU:
1. This offense is nothing like last year in which we literally had no identity or creativity.
This year under Riley, “Raid Option”. Air raid principles through the air like Texas Tech and Misdirection option like Oregon. Its unique and has never been seen before.
Air Raid teams don’t get the benefit of having two nfl talented backs.
2. Coaching staff is one of the best under Bob Stoops. The second half adjustments have been phenomenal. Never being outscored in the second half or in the 4th qtr just once( TCU w/o Baker) is not a coincidence. Clemson was outscored 7 out 13 games in the 4th which shows a lack of killer instinct.
3. Baker Mayfield is the better QB. My argument is that he is the better passer. He has better deep ball accuracy (55% per PFF). He has the better TD/INT ratio.. 5 ints on 35 Tds. Equates to good decision making. Clemson talks about all the pressure Baker gets… 5 INTs. Clemson talks about how good the pass protection DW yielded 11 INTS. But in fact he shows poor technique under pressure. (back foot/hips and lobs a floater)
(ESpIn has the all in the INTS)
4. OU Oline has made improvements but is average. This oline is going to give up sacks. (3-4) Lawson is a beast. He will get his due. Baker is going to scramble for his life. (not all the time). OU Oline must consistently pick up the blitz and limit Lawson or OU loses. This game is where OU oline proves it’s a championship worthy.
5. It will fall onto Baker like it has every single game to make the play/throw on an obvious outnumbered blitz to move the chains. He has done phenomenal late in games vs the blitz and will have to find someone to step up to make the big play.
( Every game defense came out them with a blitz, Baker sniffed it out at presnap. Oline picked it up and Baker burned the one v one coverage with a deep throws for touchdowns in every game)
6. We have 7 veterans that are returning that played/started in 3 consecutive bowl games including the Sugar bowl victory against Alabama. Striker, Alexander, Sanchez, Tapper, and Shannon(LB depth), Wade (Dline depth) and Shepard. (Yes you spanked/whipped/creamed us last year, just making point of experience)

Advanced Stats:
Totals are for lazy old people. Total O and Total D means nothing when comparing two teams without common opponents. Taking the scheduled opponents scoring avgs on O and D and comparing how they fared against you is the best way of evaluating these teams.

Clemson O scored an average 14 more points than the average opponent on their schedule.
Clemson D allowed an average 8 points less than the average opponent on their schedule.
A Clemson edge of their average scoring opponent with 22 points.

Oklahoma D allowed an average 13 points less than the average opponent on their schedule.
Oklahoma O scored an average of 15 points more than the average opponent on their schedule.
A Oklahoma edge in their opponent in 28 points

OU 28
CU 22
= 5 point edge OU average scoring than opponents

OU/CU Share Keys:
1) Win the Turnover battle
Defense needs to make plays. Steal possessions and turn them into points.
Clemson is -2, OU is +10
2) Win the field position battle
Cover punts/kicks and flip the field. Make them start back in their territory and earn their scoring drives.
3) No costly penalties
Be intelligently aggressive.

CU keys:

1) Stop the run. Mixon/Perine and Baker need to be stopped by controlling the LOS and being technically sound. Clemson D needs to force the OU O to prove to them that they can pick up the blitz. Clemson needs to attack the LOS with stunts/slants and confuse the young freshmen tackles. Also, disguise number advantages in coverage’s against baker. Keep the O from getting rhythm. Total Man Handle Disruption.
Create negative plays and force OU to play behind the chains.
2) Mack Island shows up on Shepard. Roll coverage to the opposite side. Force Shepard to beat Mack arguably the best DB he’s faced all year one v one.
3) Beat the sooners deep. Creatively get Will Johnson DB mismatched with Jordan Legget/Artavis Scott. A Thomas the boundary safety is susceptible in run game. Get numbers advantage to his side and force him to take the more athletic QB run
4) Get off the field on 3rddown. Best defense on third down in country. Don’t allow Baker to convert and get into rhythm. 3 and outs puts pressure on the opposing defense. Wears them down.
5) Snuff out the screen and read your keys in the misdirection. Lawsons talent excels not only in the pass game but in the run game as well. Lawson is patient and uses his athleticism to take out the option game. Force OU to run Lawson opposite to be more predictable.

Clemson wins with a strong run game, spreads the ball around too many WRs/TE and a 3and out defense that disrupted the line of scrimmage. Take out Baker Mayfield. Let the pressure of the game fall onto the shoulders of someone else. Crush the OU spirit through Baker.

OU Keys

1) Offensive line needs to pick up the blitz consistently. Clemson is the fastest and most aggressive defense OU has played this season. They will need to get in a rhythm just as fast. Presnap reads and communication along the line. Preparation and homework. Get into a rhythm and have confindence. Read, Check, Slide. Don’t let baker get happy feet. Instill baker with confidence in his oline.. NO HAPPY FEET.

2) Raid Option. Identifying pressure and numbers. WRs know their hot routes and inside releases, Oline picks up blitz and baker throws accurate ball. Option game, make them respect and fear every aspect of Mixon and Perine game. Burn the blitz.. and put CU D on their heels early.

3) Defensive depth and talent stops the run and gives Watson happy feet. Walker consistently collapses the pocket inside awhile striker and tapper gets edge pressure. Must defeat the predicated QB run. Don’t allow Watson to have a clean pocket and force him into bad technique to make mistakes. Striker MUST abuse the freshmen LT like his NFL career depends on it.

4) Pound the rock. Clemson undoubtedly will get up early. Can’t abandon the run ever. Wear down the defense. Win the 4th qtr by pounding the Clemson DT’s all game long. Hands on the hips early in 3rd qtr. Power run, angle down blocking and pulling the guards with perine/mixon 40-50 times in game.
5) Limit the negative plays and keep moving forward! Baker needs to be smart and throw ball away under pressure. LIMIT 3rd downs period. STAY AHEAD of the chains. Keep moving forward.

6) Someone other than sterling/mixon/perine needs to consistently produce drive continuing catches or runs. Durron Neal, 5th year senior or the JUCO transfer Dede Westbrook or Mark Anderews. If no one steps up, especially with Mack Island.. Its over.

OU wins with a strong run game that wears down the Clemson D in the 4th qtr, someone other than shepard/mixon/perine stepped up big for the Offense/baker, and OU D depth and talent along on the Dline controls the LOS. 2nd half adjustments from coaching staff limits the Clemson O. OU Oline PICKED UP the blitz.

My prediction:
Clemson gets up early awhile being explosive and aggressive on both sides of the ball.
Clemson D = disruption. OU line= frazzled.
Clemson scores first.
OU needs continues to run the ball even if down 2-3 possessions.
OU line gets going late.
2nd half. Clemson up 2-3 possessions.
OU coaching staff makes necessary adjustments.
Continue to pound the rock and sustain drives long enough for the OU defense to make the adjustments/rest needed in the 2nd half.
Clemson defense starts to deteriorate. Riley begins his creative muster.
The OU D is relentless. OU O is in full rhythm.
Win the 2nd half, 4th qtr and the game.

OU 38
Clemson 34
Clemson leads entire game only to be outplayed in the 4th and loses a 2 possession lead with a 4th qtr comeback.

Most Clemson fans have been pretty awesome to talk with. Just like most OU fans.
Every fan base has the wack job.. ( I could be one :) ) But I really do respect Clemson. I do miss BV. I think Clemson has some really really great players. Personally I have my favorite in Mack.
Mack Island is real and his effect of the game IMO is the greatest impact on the game from either side. Really pulling for Sterling Shepard. He's a terrific young man with a lot of heart.
Mack vs Shep is the game within the game I will watching closely.

The Trash:

### is up with this board. Seriously... its garbage. This board was made on windows 97. Get a real f******* board. ( honestly, most Clemson fans deserve one)

This is going to be a very very chippy game.
OU has trashed talked every revenge opponent.
I expect emotions running very high.

Clemson is due for a world of hurt from a premier college football program in OU.
OU is a complete team. They have a great scheme executed by better players.

Clemson is going to turn the ball over. No team has ever won the national championship with a negative turnover ratio. Ever.

Clemson was untested until tonight. Louisville will be the only team on their schedule that wins a bowl game.

Some of the people here are flat out delusional. UNC and Marquise Williams is better than baker?
Baker is the 4th best qb you’ve face? We beat you last year so we beat you this year? Texas?

I feel sorry for you guys. It’s going to really suck for you having to feel like complete #### on NYE after you lose. All that hype, the first team to win 15 and blah blah
Only to see your whole world crash back down to mediocrity.
I just hope no one hurts themselves. /s

Dr. Nikolai Telsa,
You’re ****ing pond scum.
That is all.

-Birddawg
Boomer Sooner!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To ALL Clemson Fans and Dr. Nikolai Telsa

Dec 31, 2015, 9:29 AM

you will get your a$$ handed to you - make sure to come back

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Dec 31, 2015, 10:50 AM

You're on drugs. Tigers gonna spank that rear. It's gonna hurt, but the pain will go away with time. Come back soon to eat you're crow please. Bye bye.

Very good analysis

Dec 31, 2015, 9:37 AM

And thank you for a good post. Two small corrections:

1. You will lose.

2. Windows ME

Go Tigers!

Thank you,

Dec 31, 2015, 10:32 AM

Windows ME? lol

I read every bit of that ... no, really!

Dec 31, 2015, 12:16 PM

well, not REALLY ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2015, 9:40 AM

Have much time on your hands?

Not much time but

Dec 31, 2015, 10:31 AM

I have had a month...

EBT cards are good in Oklahoma, huh?***

Dec 31, 2015, 10:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: EBT cards are good in Oklahoma, huh?***

Dec 31, 2015, 10:47 AM

I literally had to Google what a EBT card is lol.. and
No I don't have one.
Make way too much money :)

Lack of killer instinct?

Dec 31, 2015, 9:41 AM

In those games where the Tigers jumped out to big leads, Dabo made sure to get experience for as many of the reserves as possible. Dabo doesn't care about "style points" or what the final score is as long as it's a win. Had the first and second string players played more in the third and fourth quarters of those games the Tigers wouldn't have been out scored

Message was edited by: solidorangetigerfan14®

Good argument

Dec 31, 2015, 10:36 AM

Good argument,
I didn't get to watch a lot of Clemson. NC state, Louisville, ND and UNC.
It just seemed the other teams just would keep coming back.
With all the points scored early by Clemson you would think they would put up 60 and kill them off.
I'm just saying with this OU team. If you get up on them early (which I think Clemson will) and you have to bury them. ( which I don't think they will)
But its a bowl game with two teams without common opponents.
Anything can happen.

Oh and I hope your Sooners doubt DW's passing ability as

Dec 31, 2015, 9:45 AM

much as you do. ;) Looking forward to a good game. Go Tigers!

DW passin ablity

Dec 31, 2015, 10:38 AM

OU is going to force him to throw. I don't think its a matter of them doubting he can pass. They really don't have a choice. DW running all over them is much more demoralizing than him stepping up into pressure and throwing a dime into a tight window vs run all over the place.
Have to stop the run game

Well he is easily the most accurate passer in Clemson

Dec 31, 2015, 11:14 AM

history. He is unshakable and can read a defense like no other. If you give him a hole he will run through it. We are balanced we run for 200+ a game and we pass for 200+ a game. If we have to, we can do either. This team does not know how to lose. Our offensive coordinators are undefeated for life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you butthurt? You sound butthurt.

Dec 31, 2015, 9:47 AM

Oh, and Texas?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 31, 2015, 9:49 AM

Baker boy is going to spend his Thursday afternoon on his are looking up as our D line will administer punishment on him the likes of which he has never seen! Tigers win in a minor laugher---Tigers 45 Wagoneers 24

Nice Read, But We Are Going To Kick Your A$$!

Dec 31, 2015, 9:53 AM

Go Tigers Fight!

You lost me at

Dec 31, 2015, 9:55 AM

"Mayfirld is the better passer"

I wont attempt to argue with you, we shall see

Appreciate the analysis you provided, but you became a real d!ck at the end there. You dont like our board? Then why are you even here?

Go criticize Clemson fans on Landthieves, but dont come to our board and get all huffy about the way things are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for Tesla hatin***

Dec 31, 2015, 9:56 AM

You are one pathetic individual

Dec 31, 2015, 12:39 PM

More interested in protecting your own bacon, than pulling for the Tigers.

Thanks for proving exactly what I expected of you.

-Teska

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Where in the world have you been?

Dec 31, 2015, 12:44 PM

I've been waitin all morning..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are one pathetic individual

Dec 31, 2015, 12:45 PM [ in reply to You are one pathetic individual ]

Dec 31, 2015, 9:57 AM

While I don't agree with all of your points, you put some serious effort into that. I would just say, yes, you guys are better than last year. You better be, as so are we!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is better

Dec 31, 2015, 10:45 AM

DW is a playmaker that brings numerous threats.

It really makes me think OU really should have played TCU with boykin to really understand/grasp that Idea of a elusive running QB that can also throw.

We will find out just a few more hours from now!!

Nobody has ever said DW was a running QB that can throw

Dec 31, 2015, 11:27 AM

that is something your brilliant staff and players came up with. He shattered GA high school throwing records over 15,000 yards. He throw for over 3500 yards this year. We have never seen him rattled, not once. His first start as a true freshman he broke the Clemson TD passing record for a game.

Your analysis is wrong. There is a reason you got your #### handed to you by a pathetic texas team and we are undefeated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I ask is for an equally impressive write up...

Dec 31, 2015, 9:58 AM

After we wax that as* tonight.

Post Eat crow or told ya

Dec 31, 2015, 10:49 AM

I will post after the game.
Eat crow or Say I told you so..

Dec 31, 2015, 10:04 AM

It kind of reminds of the mouthy Nebraska fans when we played in them in the orange bowl. Our team will do it on the field. Good luck with the crow your going to be having for dinner tonight cause this team doesn't care about your analysis or anybody else's. If by chance they get beat so what but it will happen not on this message board.

TFL: DNR

Dec 31, 2015, 10:08 AM

I was in there for the first 8 paragraphs ...but then nodded off.

Clemson 41-31

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Thanks for the meaningless stat's but we're playing the game anyway.

Dec 31, 2015, 10:13 AM

Your " oh you?" Team will still face the tigers . all that stuff is in the past. All that matters is what they do today.
GO TIGERS!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2015, 10:14 AM

Wow... Guess you must of finished helping that sheep over the fence early today

Dec 31, 2015, 10:30 AM

Three minor corrections:
1. OK hasn't played a single team with a defensive line. Let me introduce you to Mr. Wilkins, Mr. Watkins, Mr. Reader, Mr. Dodd, and Mr. Lawson. The way he runs around and freelances -- Baker Mayfield is going to be lucky to finish this game with a spleen.
2. Baker Mayfield is a better passer than DW? Baker Mayfield is a poor man's Jonny Manziel....minus the cannon arm and rampant alcoholism. Let's see what the final stats look like.
3. Windows for Workgroups. Yeah. I don't think the board software is Y2K compatible. I'm with you on that one.

Dec 31, 2015, 10:57 AM

Lawson is the best DE Orlando Brown/Samia have played.
There really isn't anything in practice you can simulate him.
So you have to really bring out competition.

Lawson in the run game is a force to be reckon with as well. Patient in the option.. doesn't overplay or outleverage himself. Plays the QB well.
So I would attack the DTs in power run.
As far as the DT's. Wilkins is the best.
I think OU will have to win the inside run game and really work the DTs with down blocks (angles) to wear them out.

You will see what I mean with Baker. He has been pressured 3 sack a game ( Clemson gets 4) and to have just given up 5 INTS all year is impressive. He finds his guy and is supremely accurate. He's a playmaker.

Side note: Mack Island is going to help give more sacks/pressure as well. Shep is the go to guy at extending plays. Shep not there.. someone else will need to step up.

Dec 31, 2015, 10:40 AM

I think the real Dr. NIKOLA Tesla just turned over in his grave. Blasphemy at it's finest. Just stop coming over here and being your dumbazz self. This is an intelligent board.

Re: Nice write up, with a lot of effort. Clemson's defense

Dec 31, 2015, 10:51 AM

has faced goal line stands against Louisville and ND to win those games. I just don't see them caving in the fourth quarter when the game is on the line.

Thank you

Dec 31, 2015, 11:01 AM

That's right. Good points. ( I do learn more from the opposing boards than my own)
Clemson D has that edge to finish the game.
I would just say that OU's offense is better that Louisville and ND...

Arent you excited???!?

Its almost here.

Epic Battle!!!

Re: Thank you

Dec 31, 2015, 11:10 AM

Ha Ha Yall remember the last time we lost on paper ,,.

You lost your biggest game ,.,

and then we show up and kick your pathetic ####

Dec 31, 2015, 11:07 AM

okie LOL

Make sure to kiss your sister at midnight tonight!

**marking*****

Dec 31, 2015, 12:25 PM

Clemson just has to be as good as Texas to win!

Dec 31, 2015, 12:25 PM

lol

Thanks for you dissertation submission: Grade F

Dec 31, 2015, 12:45 PM

You are the pussythat wouldn't bet all this bravado..

Your OL has the propensity to give up sacks. In case you haven't noticed, moron, that's with your Brat Mayfield as a QB.

Do not be surprised if Mayfield spends more time on his assthan a 20 dollar Norman, OK bus stationwhore.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

You are too lenient Doc. I would check his sources for

Jan 1, 2016, 1:53 AM

plagiarism and citation errors. There may be some academic integrity issues there.

In other words, THROW THE BUM OUTTA SCHOOL!!!

Class dismissed.

Coot***

Dec 31, 2015, 1:06 PM

Dec 31, 2015, 1:19 PM

With that much time to type such a delusional post on a rivals website it's obvious you have no girl friend.

I was good until the end then you show that you're a ####***

Dec 31, 2015, 1:28 PM

we beat 3 top 10 teams, y'all lost to a 5-7 Texas team...

Dec 31, 2015, 1:31 PM

Also your three toughest opponents all had their starting QB out when y'all played them.

To Birdcoot and all Sooner idiots....TOLD YOU!!!

Dec 31, 2015, 7:53 PM

Like my stats now...so exactly who's was right?

WE OWN YOU!!!!

Dec 31, 2015, 8:00 PM

Just another tombstone! That's all you are.
GO TIGERS!!!

^^^THIS^^^^

Dec 31, 2015, 8:02 PM

awesome

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2015, 10:30 PM

This you? https://www.facebook.com/439557899411503/photos/a.440310609336232.113149.439557899411503/1087774981256455/?type=3&theater

Just wondering how your NYE is going?

Hey $h!thead

Jan 1, 2016, 1:01 AM

F u

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that might have been the longest WRONG prediction

Jan 1, 2016, 1:26 AM

That I have ever seen. You were soooooo wrong that you should have your prediction privileges revoked. Go back to pokin pigs on the farm and shut the f¥€k up

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Jan 1, 2016, 1:32 AM

Happy New Year Bird$HIT! Hope you're drowning in your sorrows and tears! Cheers to one of the most delusional posts I've read yet. Put some ice on it; it'll get better one day.

Jan 1, 2016, 1:47 AM

It's 1:43 am on 1/1/16. I'm still waiting for OU's "complete" team to show up.

37-17

Suck it Sooners!

Jan 1, 2016, 2:06 AM

I'll try to address each point in the TL;DR-worthy post

> Dr. Nikolai Telsa and All CU fans
>
> OU:
> 1. This offense is nothing like last year in which we
> literally had no identity or creativity.
> This year under Riley, “Raid Option”. Air raid
> principles through the air like Texas Tech and
> Misdirection option like Oregon. Its unique and has
> never been seen before.
> Air Raid teams don’t get the benefit of having two
> nfl talented backs.

Sorry we crushed your backs, hopefully they recover, but 'never been seen before'? Wow

> 2. Coaching staff is one of the best under Bob
> Stoops. The second half adjustments have been
> phenomenal. Never being outscored in the second half
> or in the 4th qtr just once( TCU w/o Baker) is not a
> coincidence. Clemson was outscored 7 out 13 games in
> the 4th which shows a lack of killer instinct.

So much for the 2nd half adjustments (0 points to 21 allowed) and lack of killer instinct

> 3. Baker Mayfield is the better QB. My argument is
> that he is the better passer. He has better deep ball
> accuracy (55% per PFF). He has the better TD/INT
> ratio.. 5 ints on 35 Tds. Equates to good decision
> making. Clemson talks about all the pressure Baker
> gets… 5 INTs. Clemson talks about how good the pass
> protection DW yielded 11 INTS. But in fact he shows
> poor technique under pressure. (back foot/hips and
> lobs a floater)
> (ESpIn has the all in the INTS)

Single INT in the final drive of the 1st half was a bad choice, but Baker ain't better at anything that DW. He had more passing because your team (supposedly built to stop the run) gave up over 300 yds on the ground. We take what's given.

> 4. OU Oline has made improvements but is average.
> This oline is going to give up sacks. (3-4) Lawson is
> a beast. He will get his due. Baker is going to
> scramble for his life. (not all the time). OU Oline
> must consistently pick up the blitz and limit Lawson
> or OU loses. This game is where OU oline proves it’s
> a championship worthy.

Even without Lawson, we got 5 sacks?

> 5. It will fall onto Baker like it has every single
> game to make the play/throw on an obvious outnumbered
> blitz to move the chains. He has done phenomenal
> late in games vs the blitz and will have to find
> someone to step up to make the big play.
> ( Every game defense came out them with a blitz,
> Baker sniffed it out at presnap. Oline picked it up
> and Baker burned the one v one coverage with a deep
> throws for touchdowns in every game)

Seemed like he just hurled it in the air, but sure, he addressed blitzes alright

> 6. We have 7 veterans that are returning that
> played/started in 3 consecutive bowl games including
> the Sugar bowl victory against Alabama. Striker,
> Alexander, Sanchez, Tapper, and Shannon(LB depth),
> Wade (Dline depth) and Shepard. (Yes you
> spanked/whipped/creamed us last year, just making
> point of experience)

Our guys don't know what losing is like this year

>
> Advanced Stats:
> Totals are for lazy old people.

Meaning they don't help your case

Total O and Total D
> means nothing when comparing two teams without common
> opponents. Taking the scheduled opponents scoring
> avgs on O and D and comparing how they fared against
> you is the best way of evaluating these teams.

So team totals aren't acceptable because they don't have common opponents, but the scoring avg. of those opponents is fine?

>
> Clemson O scored an average 14 more points than the
> average opponent on their schedule.

Invalid because we pull starters, also we played top defenses

> Clemson D allowed an average 8 points less than the
> A Clemson edge of their average scoring opponent with
> 22 points.

> Oklahoma D allowed an average 13 points less than the

Admirable

> Oklahoma O scored an average of 15 points more than
> the average opponent on their schedule.

When the best defense you played was Akron

> A Oklahoma edge in their opponent in 28 points
>
> OU 28
> CU 22
> = 5 point edge OU average scoring than opponents
>
>
>
>
> OU/CU Share Keys:
> 1) Win the Turnover battle
> Defense needs to make plays. Steal possessions and
> turn them into points.
> Clemson is -2, OU is +10

Guess we just played better defenses?

> 2) Win the field position battle
> Cover punts/kicks and flip the field. Make them start
> back in their territory and earn their scoring
> drives.

Wilkins is a FR. by the way

> 3) No costly penalties
> Be intelligently aggressive.
>
> CU keys:
>
> 1) Stop the run. Mixon/Perine and Baker need to be
> stopped by controlling the LOS and being technically
> sound. Clemson D needs to force the OU O to prove to
> them that they can pick up the blitz. Clemson needs
> to attack the LOS with stunts/slants and confuse the
> young freshmen tackles. Also, disguise number
> advantages in coverage’s against baker. Keep the O
> from getting rhythm. Total Man Handle Disruption.
> Create negative plays and force OU to play behind the
> chains.

Done.

> 2) Mack Island shows up on Shepard. Roll coverage to
> the opposite side. Force Shepard to beat Mack
> arguably the best DB he’s faced all year one v one.

Haven't checked the stat sheets, but Mac I think played well. Shepard got his, but not often when Mac was covering.

> 3) Beat the sooners deep. Creatively get Will Johnson
> DB mismatched with Jordan Legget/Artavis Scott. A
> Thomas the boundary safety is susceptible in run
> game. Get numbers advantage to his side and force him
> to take the more athletic QB run

Thomas I thought played well. But I think you played deep to try and give us the run, and it hurt worse than imagined

> 4) Get off the field on 3rddown. Best defense on
> third down in country. Don’t allow Baker to convert
> and get into rhythm. 3 and outs puts pressure on the
> opposing defense. Wears them down.

Done

> 5) Snuff out the screen and read your keys in the
> misdirection. Lawsons talent excels not only in the
> pass game but in the run game as well. Lawson is
> patient and uses his athleticism to take out the
> option game. Force OU to run Lawson opposite to be
> more predictable.

Again, without Lawson, Done

> Clemson wins with a strong run game, spreads the ball
> around too many WRs/TE and a 3and out defense that
> disrupted the line of scrimmage. Take out Baker
> Mayfield. Let the pressure of the game fall onto the
> shoulders of someone else. Crush the OU spirit
> through Baker.

Correct
>
> OU Keys
>
> 1) Offensive line needs to pick up the blitz
> consistently. Clemson is the fastest and most
> aggressive defense OU has played this season. They
> will need to get in a rhythm just as fast. Presnap
> reads and communication along the line. Preparation
> and homework. Get into a rhythm and have confindence.
> Read, Check, Slide. Don’t let baker get happy feet.
> Instill baker with confidence in his oline.. NO HAPPY
> FEET.

I think we did this, esp. 2nd half
>
> 2) Raid Option. Identifying pressure and numbers. WRs
> know their hot routes and inside releases, Oline
> picks up blitz and baker throws accurate ball. Option
> game, make them respect and fear every aspect of
> Mixon and Perine game. Burn the blitz.. and put CU D
> on their heels early.

Baker looked more like a guy throwing to WRs hoping for plays than placement balls, but maybe not

>
>
> 3) Defensive depth and talent stops the run and gives
> Watson happy feet. Walker consistently collapses the
> pocket inside awhile striker and tapper gets edge
> pressure. Must defeat the predicated QB run. Don’t
> allow Watson to have a clean pocket and force him
> into bad technique to make mistakes. Striker MUST
> abuse the freshmen LT like his NFL career depends on
> it.

Failed, honestly. Trapper thought he was playing a high school JV guy. He went against a Freshman All-American that's
gone against Lawson and Dodd all year in practice.
>
> 4) Pound the rock. Clemson undoubtedly will get up
> early. Can’t abandon the run ever. Wear down the
> defense. Win the 4th qtr by pounding the Clemson DT’s
> all game long. Hands on the hips early in 3rd qtr.
> Power run, angle down blocking and pulling the guards
> with perine/mixon 40-50 times in game.
> 5) Limit the negative plays and keep moving forward!
> Baker needs to be smart and throw ball away under
> pressure. LIMIT 3rd downs period. STAY AHEAD of the
> chains. Keep moving forward.

Failed with the meager yardage gained

>
> 6) Someone other than sterling/mixon/perine needs to
> consistently produce drive continuing catches or
> runs. Durron Neal, 5th year senior or the JUCO
> transfer Dede Westbrook or Mark Anderews. If no one
> steps up, especially with Mack Island.. Its over.
>
> OU wins with a strong run game that wears down the
> Clemson D in the 4th qtr, someone other than
> shepard/mixon/perine stepped up big for the
> Offense/baker, and OU D depth and talent along on
> the Dline controls the LOS. 2nd half adjustments
> from coaching staff limits the Clemson O. OU Oline
> PICKED UP the blitz.
>
> My prediction:
> Clemson gets up early awhile being explosive and
> aggressive on both sides of the ball.
> Clemson D = disruption. OU line= frazzled.
> Clemson scores first.

Nope

> OU needs continues to run the ball even if down 2-3
> possessions.
> OU line gets going late.

Nope

> 2nd half. Clemson up 2-3 possessions.
By the end, yes

> OU coaching staff makes necessary adjustments.

Nope

> Continue to pound the rock and sustain drives long
> enough for the OU defense to make the
> adjustments/rest needed in the 2nd half.

Nope

> Clemson defense starts to deteriorate. Riley begins
> his creative muster.

Needs to take night classes

> The OU D is relentless. OU O is in full rhythm.
> Win the 2nd half, 4th qtr and the game.

Yes, but not for OU

> OU 38
> Clemson 34
> Clemson leads entire game only to be outplayed in the
> 4th and loses a 2 possession lead with a 4th qtr
> comeback.

UNC you are not. Fedora at least had some fight with 3 minutes left.

>
>
> Most Clemson fans have been pretty awesome to talk
> with. Just like most OU fans.
> Every fan base has the wack job.. ( I could be one :)
> ) But I really do respect Clemson. I do miss BV. I
> think Clemson has some really really great players.
> Personally I have my favorite in Mack.
> Mack Island is real and his effect of the game IMO is
> the greatest impact on the game from either side.
> Really pulling for Sterling Shepard. He's a terrific
> young man with a lot of heart.
> Mack vs Shep is the game within the game I will
> watching closely.

Wish I'd seen more of it, but I was pounding my fist on my chair too hard in the first half, and then catching my breath in the 2nd.

>
> The Trash:
>
> ### is up with this board. Seriously... its garbage.
> This board was made on windows 97. Get a real
> f******* board. ( honestly, most Clemson fans deserve
> one)

Meh

>
> This is going to be a very very chippy game.
> OU has trashed talked every revenge opponent.
> I expect emotions running very high.

Yep

>
> Clemson is due for a world of hurt from a premier
> college football program in OU.
> OU is a complete team. They have a great scheme
> executed by better players.

Lol

>
> Clemson is going to turn the ball over. No team has
> ever won the national championship with a negative
> turnover ratio. Ever.

True, but we got ours too

>
> Clemson was untested until tonight. Louisville will
> be the only team on their schedule that wins a bowl
> game.

Lol (though FSU loss was a shocking loss)
>
> Some of the people here are flat out delusional. UNC
> and Marquise Williams is better than baker?
> Baker is the 4th best qb you’ve face? We beat you
> last year so we beat you this year? Texas?

We haven't lost yet. You have.

>
> I feel sorry for you guys. It’s going to really suck
> for you having to feel like complete #### on NYE
> after you lose. All that hype, the first team to win
> 15 and blah blah
> Only to see your whole world crash back down to
> mediocrity.
> I just hope no one hurts themselves. /s

Waaaaahhhhhhhhhh

>
> Dr. Nikolai Telsa,
> You’re ****ing pond scum.
> That is all.
>
>
> -Birddawg
> Boomer Sooner!

Go Tigers!
CUgrad2011

Clemson

Jan 1, 2016, 2:44 AM

Where you at Birdsh*t??? Curb stomped. Period. End of discussion. Take your long winded post and read this: 37-17!!! BAMN #####!!

Thanks for diarrheaing our board, now come back and clean up***

Jan 1, 2016, 5:27 AM

Jan 1, 2016, 8:33 AM

Bump for accuracy haha

Re: So?

Jan 1, 2016, 8:41 AM

How all those statistics work out for you?

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic