Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney ready for "Christmas morning"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,647

Aug 24, 2010, 10:08 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said that the season opener in college football is a lot like Christmas morning, when fans and coaches alike will finally get to "see what we've got." Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No scrimmage because MNC is decided by a poll and the

Aug 25, 2010, 6:29 AM

pollsters would take the scrimmage into account when they vote even if you told them not to think about the scrimmage.

NCAA football and B-Ball start the season with non-conference games that have no bearing on the Conference Championship.

Re: No scrimmage because MNC is decided by a poll and the

Aug 25, 2010, 10:04 AM

College basketball teams frequently play scrimmages or exhibition games prior to the regular season. So there is precedent.

We'd have 82k on hand on a tuesday afternoon if they scheduled a scrimmage with Georgia...

Considering the importance of the pre-season poll...

Aug 25, 2010, 12:54 PM [ in reply to No scrimmage because MNC is decided by a poll and the ]

It would be a good thing if the pollsters had a little more information about the teams before the preseason poll came out. (Or I think the NCAA should allow at least one scrimmage. The scrimmage wouldn't even have to be an actual game. It could just cover some different situations like red zone, green zone, kickoffs, etc.

It would make money so I'm surprised that the school presidents haven't pushed for it.

Or the scrimmages could even be closed to the media and the public, and just for the benefit of the teams.

yep, it's too bad that CFB is ruled by a popularity contest***

Aug 25, 2010, 1:21 PM [ in reply to No scrimmage because MNC is decided by a poll and the ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow, someone actually put [0] on B-Meist...***

Aug 25, 2010, 10:03 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,647
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic