Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some Dems think this virus will hurt Trump...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 670

Some Dems think this virus will hurt Trump...

Feb 28, 2020, 6:00 AM

because a hurt economy hurts his message.
It seems to me it could really hurt the Dems who want loose borders. Some voters might see that as a major health concern for the country.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if people get nervious about the economy

Feb 28, 2020, 6:17 AM

they will want to vote in the person that will give them security by making other people pay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if people get nervious about the economy

Feb 28, 2020, 6:32 AM

Possibly. Then again, loose borders they may see as a health threat and financial threat to the nation. They may see it as a threat to their jobs. We may start seeing some layoffs in 6 months. There might be some xenophobia of sorts. They might not want poor unhealthy people flooding the country. Its going to be interesting.

Re: Some Dems think this virus will hurt Trump...

Feb 28, 2020, 8:04 AM

The Dems don’t want loose borders. They just aren’t going to demean and insult an entire demographic of people. Obama deported over 1 million people his first 3 years in office.

Feb 28, 2020, 8:22 AM

I think Obama is a moderate. He was good on the border imo. I am a huge fan of Obama. I just heard some of the crazy things some Dems said during these debates about borders. Moreover, even if they do not was loose borders, that is the perception.

Of course you know most of those were just turnarounds...

Feb 28, 2020, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Some Dems think this virus will hurt Trump... ]

at the border and not real deportations at all. Anyone who got past the very loosely guarded border was allowed to stay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 8:16 AM

I do not know dems want loose borders in so much as they think a wall is a stupid and ineffective waste of money.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 8:25 AM

Some of them said that want to end the detainment of the immigrants, want to just set up hearing dates for them to return, and also want free medical etc. Anyway, might not be a good look election time when people are worried about this virus.

Feb 28, 2020, 9:33 AM

I think by the time we get to the general election, the Dem candidate will display a position close to Obama's. Regulated borders but much more humane treatment of people who cross over or are seeking asylum here.

Considering Obama was using the "cage" method too,

Feb 28, 2020, 1:28 PM

I guess it depends on your perception.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Feb 28, 2020, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Some Dems think this virus will hurt Trump... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 9:43 AM

Supposedly it will lower overall costs because people will seek treatment before their situation gets worse and they can’t be refused.

I know that’s deep thinking for a trumpster but y’all should exercise your brains a little more often.

This will be over before Nov.

Feb 28, 2020, 9:45 AM

I believe it's likely the world will return to as normal as the world can be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 3:04 PM

Carlsbad® said:

because a hurt economy hurts his message.
It seems to me it could really hurt the Dems who want loose borders. Some voters might see that as a major health concern for the country.

Trump thinks the Virus will hurt his re-election.

That's why he downplays it and talks up the stock market.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 670
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic