Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats to Mike Noonan and the Tiger Men's Soccer team...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,615

Congrats to Mike Noonan and the Tiger Men's Soccer team...

Oct 30, 2015, 9:18 PM

on a final regular season record of 14-1-2 overall and 6-1-1 in the ACC after a 4-1 Win against N.C.State...Good Luck in the postseason as now it's on to the ACC Tournament next Sunday November 8th at Riggs Field to start the defense of the ACC Championship from a season ago

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They had an excellent year--congrats!***

Oct 30, 2015, 9:25 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Congrats to Mike Noonan and the Tiger Men's Soccer team...

Oct 30, 2015, 9:55 PM

How many men's teams qualify for the ACC tourney? Think I read that just four women's teams qualify and CU may not make it depending on the outcome of the remaining games. Thought the tourney would include eight teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Oct 30, 2015, 10:02 PM

10 teams out of the 12 in the conference make the tournament.Each game of the 2015 ACC Tournament will be held at a school site, with the higher seed hosting each match. The exact seeding for all 10 teams in the tournament will be determined after the final regular season game is played on Saturday, Oct. 31.

Oct 31, 2015, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to Mike Noonan and the Tiger Men's Soccer team... ]

Yes, only 4 teams go to ACC Tourney

Standing, Team, Conf Record
3. UNC 6-3-0
4. Clemson 6-3-0
5. VT 6-3-1

Win and they're in. Clemson holds the tie breaker over VT, beating them 3-2, so a tie gets them in too. The lady tigers lost to UNC so same outcomes will result in their higher finish but it doesn't matter much with such a small tournament. VT is done so the Tigers know what they need to do to be in.

Go Tigers!

Oct 30, 2015, 10:08 PM

Indeed! And a note of importance is that since the Tarheels tied in their game tonight we earned the 2nd seed in the tournament. That means that we not only host the quarterfinal of the tournament, but if we win we will host the semifinal. Wake Forest earned the one seed. If they were to lose in the quarter or semi and we win, we would host the ACC final at Riggs. Turn up Tiger fans! This is one great team we have. Just like the football team.

eyes on the national title

Oct 31, 2015, 12:29 AM

This team can do it

We are very blessed to have Coach Noonan lead our men

Oct 31, 2015, 7:39 AM

I don't follow soccer as much as I would like (I wish T-Net would cover them more often in stories... like a soccer weekly wrap-up at least), but I am very pleased to see were Coach Noonan is leading our Tigers.

When I attended Clemson, it was so exciting to watch the soccer team. Riggs Field is such an electric atmosphere during a big match. I was there screaming and cheering when we played Creighton for a chance to get to the College Cup, the Final 4 of Soccer, and it was by far one of the best sporting experiences I've ever had in any sport!

When Clemson hired Coach Noonan, I looked up his resume and saw all the success and accolades he accumulated at Brown and thought this is gonna be a good hire! And he has definitely proven his worth and then some.

I know we compare Dabo to a lot of other coaches, but the rise we have had in soccer is similar to the football program. Slow and steady improvements on the field, doing things the right way, improving recruiting, working hard together as a team, being a united Clemson family. And just like our American style football team, this football team has a very bright future ahead of it that everyone in Tigertown will be very proud of!

Thank you Coach Noonan and all his players for bringing Clemson Soccer back to where it needs to be!

GO TIGERS!!!

~JKB

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,615
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic