Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Minecraft build of Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

FB Update: Minecraft build of Death Valley

Feb 16, 2016, 8:21 AM

Minecraft build of Death Valley

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Minecraft build of Death Valley

Feb 16, 2016, 8:24 AM

Nice build! Was thinking of doing this on my home server with the kids. Now they can visit Death Valley from Delaware. :-P

Somebody Stole My 4 Seatbacks!***

Feb 16, 2016, 9:21 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Started one last year...

Feb 16, 2016, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Minecraft build of Death Valley ]

I started making one on my Xbox One with my kids last off-season to pass the time...

I started with the same ratio 1 block = 1 yard, but I couldn't live with the way the paws look in the end-zones. I switched to 1 block = 1 foot.

Unfortunately, when I finished half of the lower deck, I turned around to notice that I was already out of the Xbox's draw distance so you couldn't see the whole field! :(

Probably going to do a bit more this off-season.

Screen shot (if it works)

Feb 16, 2016, 11:02 AM

The partial stands are behind me. I even had the correct rows, so your seats could be found! I would need to know locations for seat backs though... lol

Re: Screen shot (if it works)

Feb 16, 2016, 11:04 AM

Excellent work. Unfortunately, on a 1:1 scale working 2 hours per day, that build would take about 1.5 years to complete on xbox, and about 8-9 months on PC. That's why I settle for the smaller scale.

That's why I haven't finished. lol

Feb 16, 2016, 11:10 AM

I would have kept grinding, but the draw distance really deflated my balloon...

I even started before the update where you could customize the layers in creative, so all that green wool I had to do by hand! At about 90% of the way through the field, they came out with that update.

Love what you did. Earned a follow. :)

Re: Started one last year...

Feb 16, 2016, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Started one last year... ]

Paws in the endzone lol. I spent more time on that then I care to mention. I could never get it right; finally just gave up and went with what I had.

Looks like someone has a lot of free time

Feb 16, 2016, 8:36 AM

n/m

Feb 16, 2016, 8:40 AM

A lot more contour lines on the hill then there really is.
GO TIGERS !!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2016, 8:41 AM

No Oculus! How blasphemous!

Feb 16, 2016, 9:00 AM

First thing I noticed, but it was pretty cool. It must have taken a lot of time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2016, 10:27 AM

Sorry guys, I build these things having never laid my eyes on the actual stadium. I have to go by the latest google imagery, and it did not include it!

You did a great job on the stadium. Can't wait to

Feb 16, 2016, 5:44 PM

show the grandchildren since they love minecraft.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2016, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Minecraft build of Death Valley ]

Remarkable job, even without The Occulus, IMO. Thanks for the effort.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent job... +1.***

Feb 16, 2016, 9:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2016, 9:10 AM

I love it . I would anticipate that the tiered hill would cause some problems during the entrance ...slowing things down a bit .
Are any of our current players or coaches into spelunking ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 16, 2016, 9:54 AM

Awesome. If the designer checks this, would you mind sharing the world file? Would love to re-build on a big multi-player city server I'm on. Obviously would give you the credit.

BRAVO. Go Tigers

Dude. You have been a Tnet member since 2007

Feb 16, 2016, 10:20 AM

.....and THIS is your only post?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Feb 16, 2016, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Minecraft build of Death Valley ]

The download link will be in the description of the video when I get home tonight, like all of my other videos!

Message removed by Author

Feb 16, 2016, 10:07 AM

Message removed by Author

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have never spent a minute playing Minecraft, but I have

Feb 16, 2016, 10:15 AM

watched my oldest build stuff here and there. My question is, how can you lump someone who is obviously creative and motivated in with people that want something/more for absolutely nothing? Most of those jobs are jobs that could be replaced with a robot and a skript (stupid reserved words), but someone has to build both.

Message was edited by: Tiger4lif3®

I wonder what the avg. salary of T-Net bored residents is...

Feb 16, 2016, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

Can people not have hobbies anymore? or are we to assume that a presumably smart, computer-savvy individual works a minimum wage job???

Surprise

Feb 16, 2016, 10:30 AM

I am actually in a Top 50 law school and in the top 25% of my class! But thanks for taking up for me. I just like to do it in my downtime. Its relaxing, gives a sense of fulfillment, and pleases a lot of people when they view the videos!

I am the builder! If you have any questions, ask me here!***

Feb 16, 2016, 10:22 AM

Impressive work!***

Feb 16, 2016, 10:29 AM

Working on oculus version?

Feb 16, 2016, 10:32 AM [ in reply to I am the builder! If you have any questions, ask me here!*** ]

nm

About the oculus

Feb 16, 2016, 10:36 AM

Unfortunately, I have never seen the actual stadium. I have to build based on Google imagery in maps and Earth. The imagery I was building from was not recent enough to include almighty oculus, nor could I build it until the imagery updates, because I could not get the measurements.

TL;DR - Blame Google.

Re: About the oculus

Feb 16, 2016, 10:38 AM

I think the Oculus will forgive you...for now.

Re: About the oculus

Feb 16, 2016, 10:48 AM [ in reply to About the oculus ]

I am a Clemson fanatic and also an expert stadium builder on Minecraft. I'd love to help you fix some exterior things (I.e. The north side entrances, the IPTAY center on the NW corner, maybe even help with the oculus) I've been to DV on multiple occasions and never could replicate its magnificence. You got the feel just right and I'd love to sand off the edges for you

What made you pick Death Valley for a build ? Great work !!***

Feb 16, 2016, 10:53 AM [ in reply to About the oculus ]

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: What made you pick Death Valley for a build ? Great work !!***

Feb 16, 2016, 11:00 AM

When I am choosing stadiums to build, I listen to suggestions from the few that view all of my videos and leave comments, but it comes down to:

1. Stadium Design
2. Stadium Size
3. Fan Base that would appreciate such a highly technical build

Death Valley is pretty straightforward in design, making the actual build a breeze (except for the elevation changes, which was undoubtedly the hardest part. It is also an iconic stadium of good size that looks impressive for the build and the viewers that come to my channel to see big things replicated.

But, its really all about the fan base, and I knew Clemson fans would support a polished product by viewing it and sharing it. Within 12 hours it made it here! So, it looks like I chose the right stadium this time :)

Nothing like the Clemson Family. Welcome ! ! !***

Feb 16, 2016, 4:34 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Great work

Feb 16, 2016, 10:50 AM [ in reply to I am the builder! If you have any questions, ask me here!*** ]

I've been working off/on on my own version for about 2 years. However its not nearly as complete as yours is. Yours is much more impressive. I will definitely be downloading the file and using it for ideas. Would love to know more about your methods of building.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great work

Feb 16, 2016, 11:06 AM

Thank you! I do a tutorial series on my channel. I have only done 2 videos so far, but I plan to upload them weekly until I have a finished product!

Re: I am the builder! If you have any questions, ask me here!***

Feb 16, 2016, 3:10 PM [ in reply to I am the builder! If you have any questions, ask me here!*** ]

Beautiful work and video- like touring Death Valley inside and out. Brings back memories! thanks! I will show to my son who built Minecraft in its early versions! I enjoyed watching him.

Re: I am the builder! If you have any questions, ask me here!***

Feb 16, 2016, 3:16 PM

Awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Congrats on your accomplishment!

Feb 16, 2016, 5:07 PM [ in reply to I am the builder! If you have any questions, ask me here!*** ]

It had to be a labor of love, cuz after 30 minutes of creating I probably would have said screw it, I'm going to bed.

~JKB

Re: Congrats on your accomplishment!

Feb 16, 2016, 5:39 PM

Thanks! I'm quite used to it. It is certainly a slow process, but its just a process where you get a bit done each day. Before long its done!

So can you make people with this here program?

Feb 16, 2016, 6:10 PM

Minecraft DW4?

Minecraft CDS Dabbing?

~JKB

No oculus?***

Feb 16, 2016, 10:30 AM

Ogre said it best

Feb 16, 2016, 3:39 PM

But back in the day I used to put in my time playing World of Warcraft hoping a boss would drop an elite flying mount so ...... Good for the creator of this DV version. Seriously, that took a lot of effort and is pretty #### good.

where is the oculus????***

Feb 16, 2016, 4:05 PM

Feb 16, 2016, 8:03 PM

My nephews will love this. Thanks for picking DV!!!

Excellent job!!***

Feb 16, 2016, 8:20 PM

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic