Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats Coach K
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Congrats Coach K

Mar 31, 2019, 7:32 PM

You squandered the greatest recruiting class in recruiting history. You completly lucked out in two games before this. You had the best basketball player people are saying they have ever seen. You had the best player ever out of Canada. You had two more five stars. When it got down to time that you had to make the difference you got out coached in all those games and simply had no answers other than play the freshmen every minute you could. When you needed to put your opponent on the line your team had only been called for three fouls in the half makes me laugh.

With that said your one and done approach is not working. It’s a great day when you and Duke lose. Yes I have no use for K or Duke and am looking forward to more and more info on Nike and more about your folks and the insureance and other inducements such as housing in mansions Come to light. You should retire now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats Coach K

Mar 31, 2019, 7:45 PM

It reminds me of the ‘super’ teams that Lebron built. You get that many superstars together and they are incapable of playing as a team. They all want to be the leading scorer every game. With that amount of talent you will out athlete most teams but you are incapable of beating elite teams that require you to play like a team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basketball - 5 players all wanting to play the Jordan-role..

Mar 31, 2019, 8:05 PM

Those Chicago Bulls teams of the 90's had a mix of players that played very different, but highly complementary roles.

I think you have a point very much applicable to basketball.

In football, the players roles are defined by definition in the rules, most notably on offense. In basketball, the offensive and defensive roles are not defined by rules, but are defined by "best practice" and strategy to win, i.e. tall players play in and around the basket, shorter, better ball handling players on the perimeter.

This is not to say that players are not clearly in a specific "playing role", but the responsibilities of all players are ubiquitous when it comes to rebounding, defending, scoring, and overlap all players for a team on the floor.

This concept of having EVERY player, or even a TRIO of players who feel they have to be that leading scorer, rebounder, and/or defender, in a game where there are only 5 players in the game, would seem to put a team at a DISADVANTAGE.

I am agreeing here that perhaps what K is doing is stacking the deck too heavy for a basketball team, and while Duke barely lost, with the talent on that team, you would think that they should have been blowing every opponent away by 30 points.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

It was great but it still wasn’t near as good as watching Saban lose.***

Mar 31, 2019, 7:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2019, 7:53 PM

I had to laugh at you saying his approach isn’t working when he’s the winngest CBB coach of all time.

Mar 31, 2019, 8:11 PM

Re-read the post.... The OP said the "one and done" approach didn't work for him. He got most of his wins back when he spoke out against one and done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His approach isn’t working? Are you dumb?

Mar 31, 2019, 8:10 PM

I’m not defending Coach K tactics but he is the winningest head coach in Men’s Basketball.

I’m glad Duke lost and I’m celebrating with you but I wouldn’t really knock him. He’s a heckuva coach!

Mar 31, 2019, 8:44 PM

I used to really like Duke, but after they sold out to the one and dones, I kind of enjoyed the irony of those guys being the players to miss the shots that could have won the game. What a way to go out!

Just remember...Duke's 'One and Done'

Mar 31, 2019, 8:50 PM

Players have to actually qualify for admission to Duke. Calipari and KY...it's slick process. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just remember...Duke's 'One and Done'

Mar 31, 2019, 9:04 PM

All said schools are very difficult to get accepted to.... makes you wonder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2019, 7:17 AM

That's not what happened. His team can't shoot 3's, weak at the FT line, and Duke was missing a lottery pick due to injury. They went up against a more experienced team. Coach K didn't squander anything. Also, nobody thinks Zion is the best player they have ever seen. Your post is gibberish to be honest. As much as I don't like coach K and Duke, your post wasn't based in reality.

Apr 1, 2019, 8:16 AM

the fact they didnt lose earlier in a close one sort of confirms what you are saying. Lots of impressive players but a few areas they are lacking. Great but not unbeatable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic