Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Confession - I don't remember Byron Maxwell at Clemson.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Confession - I don't remember Byron Maxwell at Clemson.

Feb 2, 2014, 1:24 PM

Says he played from 2006-2010. I had a lot going on personally during those years and did not pay Clemson football much attention. Then again, we sucked in those years, so there wasn't much to pay attention to.

Contrast that with the past 3 seasons or the late 70s-early 80s, or the late 80s-early 90s - teams for which I can still name most players on both sides of the ball.

#winningisbetter

Dan Benish or Jeb Flesch anyone?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Confession - I don't remember Byron Maxwell at Clemson.

Feb 2, 2014, 1:29 PM

Byron Maxwell is the guy who knocked out Auburns running back the year we went to triple overtime with them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remember the game, don't remember the hit***

Feb 2, 2014, 1:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: remember the game, don't remember the hit- I was

Feb 2, 2014, 1:38 PM

following us closely then and going to games but he is someone I just dont remember much about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Confession - I don't remember Byron Maxwell at Clemson.

Feb 2, 2014, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Confession - I don't remember Byron Maxwell at Clemson. ]

That was a physical game. I remember that and several other big hits including the one on Parker that broke his ribs.

Re: Re: Confession - I don't remember Byron Maxwell at Clemson.

Feb 2, 2014, 1:51 PM

The only thing I remeber is that ESecPN had a camera on the ball at the time we went to the line of scrimage to snap it for the game winning or tying FG. Our center picked the ball up slightly to get the laces correct and we were called for simulating the snap. Since then I have watched every snap and every center does the exact same thing. Since that game I have never heard that call ever made again. Catman missed the second one and the rest was history for Allbarn and Scam Newton. How does ones father admit to taking money and nothing comes of it. NCAA is just shameful just like the mob they prey on the innocent and weak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Re: Confession - I don't remember Byron Maxwell at Clemson.

Feb 2, 2014, 2:31 PM

The ncaa has lost there bit since schools and kids have got lawers in the process. You have to have absolute proof a kid did somerhing anymore. Used to be you just needed the something to be obivious. The jonny manziel thing proves this. If he would have got caught signing for money 10 years ago gone no if ands or buts. Now the lawyer gets involved says but proof do you have and threatens to sue. So they work out a deal which is nothing. Its bs the ncaa needs to stand up and set a standard. Its not a court of law you don't have to prove you just have show reasonible proof.

Thanks for the missed FG reminder......

Feb 2, 2014, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Confession - I don't remember Byron Maxwell at Clemson. ]

I just recently had finally forgotten about that and you had to bring it up again! That still is one of the worst calls we've ever had against us - and we've had a lot.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2014, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Confession - I don't remember Byron Maxwell at Clemson. ]

And then the SEC continued their ncaac streak which has worked against our conference in recruiting thus creating and perpetuating an inferiority. That snap.

Feb 2, 2014, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Confession - I don't remember Byron Maxwell at Clemson. ]

I have thought the same thing many times ..., since that call was made.

I wondered was it just me

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Hard to believe we had Auburn beat and ended up 6-7 that year***

Feb 2, 2014, 1:44 PM

Did we really suck that entire time? 2009 we were Atlantic

Feb 2, 2014, 1:48 PM

Champs and the first gameday in 2006 against GT was awesome. I personally remember the Tommy West days which sucked.

Obed, is that you?!***

Feb 2, 2014, 6:03 PM

Remember the huge hit in the Auburn Game at Auburn

Feb 2, 2014, 2:09 PM

on McCallebb?

BYRON MAXWELL

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Remember the huge hit in the Auburn Game at Auburn

Feb 2, 2014, 2:13 PM

Yea Mcalleb! I couldn't remember his name.

McDaniel***

Feb 2, 2014, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Remember the huge hit in the Auburn Game at Auburn ]

Maxwell slammed quite a few WRs & KRs***

Feb 2, 2014, 2:31 PM

I specifically remember his recruitment.

Feb 2, 2014, 2:50 PM

He tore his ACL his junior year in HS and could not play his senior year. Clemson honored the scholarship. I read an article about how special a talent he was, but I can't find it via search. It was really impressive.

He had a good, but not great, career at Clemson. We actually were pretty loaded at that position as he had to play behind...Chancellor, I think.

So glad things are going well for him.

Nice nugget of info "honored the scholarship" when you look

Feb 2, 2014, 4:49 PM

at some other schools practicing the exact opposite. Definitely not trivial trivia

Here's an article from Scout....

Feb 2, 2014, 8:02 PM [ in reply to I specifically remember his recruitment. ]

http://clemson.scout.com/2/502367.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2007 team was really talented but choked in every single

Feb 2, 2014, 2:56 PM

big game. My favorite was the VT game where they took a 24-3 lead in the 2nd quarter with an INT return for a TD, a punt return for a TD, and then a KO return for a TD right after we got on the board with a FG.

Then there was the Matt Ryan bomb on 3rd and 7 followed by the Aaron Kelly drop in the EZ when we had a chance to win the division at home against BC...

Remember him knocking the crap out of Ontario....

Feb 2, 2014, 3:18 PM

Mccaleb at Auburn in 2010. Man we should have won that game and derailed sCam's national Championship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2014, 3:42 PM

He wasn't a starter, playing behind Gilchrist and Chris Chancellor.
Thinking back, we had Maxwell, Gilchrist, Chris Clemons - all starters in the NFL now - yet it seems like we could never stop the pass.

Thanks. I do remember the names Gilchrist and Chancellor.

Feb 2, 2014, 3:59 PM

Wow. So he wasn't even a starter? Good for Maxwell! I hope he gets a pick 6 and lays some hurt on a few Broncos tonight.

Actually, we were pretty good against the pass.

Feb 2, 2014, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Confession - I don't remember Byron Maxwell at Clemson. ]

2010 - 22nd 192ypg
2009 - 7th 163ypg
2008 - 12th 173 ypg
2007 - 14th 185 ypg
2006 - 17th 167 ypg

Feb 2, 2014, 4:26 PM

Played fo rtf Fort Dorchester High. Very physical.

Feb 2, 2014, 4:31 PM

he was out his Sr. year in high School.. ACL..good C/b for us

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2014, 5:01 PM

i am pretty sure he didn't start regularly until his senior year.

big, physical corner. Excelling in Seattle's bump and run man scheme. Suffered here in Vic's multifaceted zone scheme.

best remembered for hit on McCaleb, as some have pointed out.

Sounds like you missed alot of good Clemson football

Feb 2, 2014, 8:45 PM

All the Thunder and Lightening years (Davis and Spiller), Jacoby Ford and our first Division title. You must be off a decade...1996-2000 sucked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic