Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Conference Pride
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Conference Pride

Feb 8, 2018, 9:36 PM

To heck with that. I can't wait to pull for Duke and UNC to lose in the big dance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Conference Pride

Feb 8, 2018, 9:50 PM

I would pull against UNC playing against anybody but the coots, and I don't feel that my choice could
be anything but to pull for them to beat the coots. But unless Duke is playing us, I can't pull against them. I can't bc of the work they have done with coming up with a cure for Hep C, if not for their amazing work with the Hep C cure, I would have been cremated a couple of years ago, Go Duke against anybody but Us!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2018, 10:26 PM

OK, I am happy for you! By chance did you spend time with Pam Anderson? Or perhaps Tommy Lee, not that their is anything wrong with that.

And if you like Guys and Dolls that is your personal preference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 12:08 PM

No, but I did have to get a lot of blood bc of a gun shot wound in the chest from a 22 magnum hollow point. When the hollow point exploded in my chest, the largest piece missed my heart less than an inch but, that was no biggie, it was a shivered piece of lead that stuck in the artery in my left lung that had me losing quiet a bit of blood until they could pull that shiver out of my artery. So let me tell you, that one shot almost killed me 16 years apart. Hmmm, who would have ever thought, and that isn't counting the suffering from the rib it broke also. A 22 magnum bullet is a bullet that can cause a lot of years of suffering if it don't kill you when it hits!!! Plus the blood supply back then wasn't scanned for Hep C that much back then.

You seem to know a lot about Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee. It could be that you're the one with the skeletons in your closet, but it's your business if you do!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Duke basketball program came up with a cure for Hep C?***

Feb 9, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Conference Pride ]

Feb 9, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Conference Pride ]

Glad to hear that, I didn't know duke was apart of finding the cure for Hep C that's very interesting tbh. Glad you are still with us and to beat duke after fsu would be amazing for our team and would continue this amazing season and cap it off with wins over UNC and Duke can't remember last time if ever where we beat unc and Duke in the same season!!

Feb 8, 2018, 10:07 PM

Agreed.

When it comes right down to it conference pride is for programs that are irrelivent, in denial, or have a stupid fan-base. Gamecocks, I'm looking at you.

Clemson fans don't try to take any credit/pride when Duke or UNC win National Champiosnships in basketball.

It would be just like South Carolina fans taking credit for 'Bama and the SEC winning football championships...extremely pathetic.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 6:50 AM

Idiot

Feb 9, 2018, 9:54 AM

Agreed. Pulling for our conference teams to win is not taking credit for them.

Feb 9, 2018, 9:57 AM

But there is a difference in pulling for the conference teams and boasting about the conference winning.

For instance, chicken fans may have pulled for Bama, but the ones that chant "sec sec sec" after they win are pathetic.

Say Duke is playing Kentucky in basketball, I'll pull for Duke to win but if they do you won't see me celebrating it as a conference type of thing.

Feb 9, 2018, 11:29 AM

Oh for sure. I agree 100 with that.

Feb 9, 2018, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Conference Pride ]

By coot standards if the SEC wins anything then, by default Coots win too bc they are part of the SEC. Even tho they do nothing to benifit the conference except for women's basketball, which got lucky Uconn was upset and they didn't have to play them in title bc uconn would have smashed them and no title for them haha. I will pull for the conference when they play other conferences but I'm all about the Tigers, if clemson winning the title means all other ACC teams flop then I'll take that all day. I like to see the ACC win but I like to see Clemson win a lot more.

Message was edited by: HunterClemsonTigers

Message was edited by: HunterClemsonTigers

since we rarely make the tournament

Feb 8, 2018, 10:20 PM

My usual #1 rooting interest in march madness is always for Duke and UNC to lose as early as possible.

Feb 8, 2018, 10:21 PM

To me it’s not really a conference pride issue, but rather what helps or hurts us. The better the conference yada yada... but also the more money we pocket. That’s why I pull for acc teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 6:31 AM

Conference pride is #########. The chickens have the franchise because living vicariously is pretty much all they have. That may be why I hate it so much.

No need to stop at Duke and UNC

Feb 9, 2018, 9:03 AM

If an ACC team is playing and meets both of these conditions:

1) They're not Clemson; and
2) They're not playing the coots

Then I hope they lose. Everydamn one of them.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

What if they are playing one another?

Feb 9, 2018, 9:04 AM

Haha, I bet you hadn't thought of that.

#gotcha

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Then as long as they meet both conditions, then I hope they

Feb 9, 2018, 9:08 AM

both lose.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Can you be a true Clemson fan and pull for

Feb 9, 2018, 9:33 AM

UNC or Duke in Basketball season??

I say no. Turn in your All-In chip! Screw the Blue and Baby Blue.

Feb 9, 2018, 11:57 AM

Its impossible to have pride in a conference that lets UNC skate.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic