Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quick Hits: Quarterback Willy Korn on Spring Practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Mar 10, 2009, 5:13 PM

Clemson quarterback Willy Korn talks to the media after the first practice of the spring and discusses many issues including his health and the QB competition. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Concern about the "throwing emotion"! Ha!

Mar 10, 2009, 5:54 PM

Has Willy been bursting into tears with each pass?
:)

How is the throwing emotion? Any concerns about the arm strength or the restricted arm motion?

Willy: It’s feeling good. I’m working hard on it ever since it started back in January. Coach Napier has been working hard with me on it. We got a lot of new drills we are doing, just with the quarterbacks, to help me get my mechanics back. I’ve been working hard on it for the past two months, and it felt really good today.

Message was edited by: Bama Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Love this quote

Mar 10, 2009, 7:31 PM

Willy: Right now, we are just putting in base offense. The biggest adjustment is going to be the tempo of the offense. Last year, we were a “no huddle” team, but we pretty much huddled because we took so long to run a play. The play clock was down to three or four seconds every time we ran a play. We are going to try to use our tempo as an advantage against the defense.

I'm a believer in the no huddle, hurry up. I think it really throws off the opposing defense's timing and ability to make adjustments. Last year, I was screaming at the tv when we hurried up to the LOS and still set for 15+ seconds letting the clock get down in the low single digits before starting the play. Put the defense on its heels! The QB should be able to know a handful/series of plays when the team hurries up to the line. Then, make the read and then signal the play to the team while the D is still getting set.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic