Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Comparing Tajh's 1st 3 games 2012 and 2013..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Comparing Tajh's 1st 3 games 2012 and 2013..

Sep 20, 2013, 11:13 PM

am incredibly annoyed at the Tajh Bashing...I posted this within a thread were some yo-yo suggested last years Tajh was better....after just 3 games....

I dug into stats of last years 1st 3 games and compared Tajh's performance to the first three games.....Tajh had a much harder start this year.....

Look at Tajh's 1st 3 games last year and this years 1st 3 games:

2012:

Game one: Auburn

24-34 208 Yds, 1 Int, Rush 19-58 0 TDs

Game 2: Ball State

19-23 229 Yds, 0 Int, 3Td's, Rush 3-12 0 TD's

Game 3: Furman

20-29 310 Yds, 0 Int, 2 Tds, Rush 5-5 0 Td's

2012 1st three:

63-86 747 Yds, 1 Int, 6 TDs, Rush 27-75 0 TD's

Who did we beat? Yes..Auburn was an SEC team that won 3 games...

2013:

Game 1: #5 UGA

18-30 270 Yds, 0 Ints, 3 TDs, Rush 13-42 2 Td's

Game 2: SC State:

14-23 169 Yards,0 Ints, 0 Tds, rush 6-10 1 Td

Game 3 NC State

24-37 244 Yards, 0 Ints 3 tds, Rush 13-38 0 Td's

2013 1st 3 games:

56-90 683 Yards, 0 Ints, 6 Tds, Rush 32-90 3 Td's

Wins over #5 UGA, NCState on the road...

This Year's Tajh is doing just fine. No Int's and is not trying to do too much. He has more TD's and has played a much stronger 1st 3 games than last year......

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I agree... good post***

Sep 20, 2013, 11:17 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Good data. Thanks!***

Sep 20, 2013, 11:20 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting take. Thanks for putting that together.***

Sep 20, 2013, 11:23 PM

Numbers don't lie. Good post.

Sep 20, 2013, 11:28 PM

Thanks for this. Good stuff!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanx..***

Sep 21, 2013, 6:33 AM

I think you Lub him. NCST game would have been a blow out

Sep 21, 2013, 7:24 AM

if those 2 TD passes were on target. There was no pressure to throw. He just missed his targets by a mile. That is what people are upset about. We could have lost the game if the refs had ruled the TD run in in bounds. Never had to come down to the refs and all that drama. I think Boyd just need to relax. We weren't playing Alabama. If we were and TD passes were missed then we would have gotten blown out

You are mistaking "Lub" for Respect..Here's more to consider

Sep 21, 2013, 7:46 AM

If you look at last years schedule, our last road game was on Nov 3rd against Duke...

You will have to go all the way back to Sept 2, 2012 to find a road game with such a hostile crowd....Think about that. It has been over a year when we have played a road game against a decent team where the majority of the crowd was against us...... Are you saying Home Field advantage is not an intangible? If you are a Clemson fan and can look back to our first game I think you can see how Aaron Murray was impacted....

Tajh has earned the respect and for people to nit pick a couple of plays on the road against a team that has a history of being difficult is unwarranted.

Re: You are mistaking "Lub" for Respect..Here's more to consider

Sep 21, 2013, 7:54 AM

"Tajh has earned the respect and for people to nit pick a couple of plays on the road against a team that has a history of being difficult is unwarranted. "\

No he has not as a member of our Clemson Family we can say/talk about anything we want to
Someone needs to talk with him and get his views, knowing TB he will voice some of the same views that have been posted by others

Re: I think you Lub him. NCST game would have been a blow out

Sep 21, 2013, 7:48 AM [ in reply to I think you Lub him. NCST game would have been a blow out ]

^^^^Jack gets it.

Glad someone doesn't look at stats too hard and actually try to make points using those dang things. Having been a Math major, I totally understand how to twist, bend, shape, mold & misrepresent stats to make any point that one needs to make. Stats are crutches and need to be ignored most times.

Boyd took almost the entire first half to reign in any pass more than 10 yards down field. That was beyond ridiculous.

Reality is - get ready for a royal azz-whooping at willy brice this year if Boyd takes that long to warm up against the chickens. They'll be waving the WHOLE HAND at us in November instead of 4 fingers.

I appreciate the effort for the data - but it is worthless for all intents and purposes.

Bad half and you've mailed it in? Pathetic...***

Sep 21, 2013, 7:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Band wagon fan at it's best.***

Sep 21, 2013, 8:48 AM

Get back with me in a few weeks worth of Saturday games.

Sep 21, 2013, 8:56 AM

I think a regular game week schedule will make a major difference. Obviously there's room for improvement but for those that can't take some adversity, why don't you just quit watching. If you expect perfection, good luck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ This ^^^

Sep 21, 2013, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I think you Lub him. NCST game would have been a blow out ]

And we CAN'T have this happen this year.

Re: I think you Lub him. NCST game would have been a blow out

Sep 21, 2013, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I think you Lub him. NCST game would have been a blow out ]

So data is worthless, but all of the ifs in jacks post are spot on.

And then to add to that you post an if about a game 2+ months away?

Hilarious.

Someone hack your account of have you become a coot?***

Sep 21, 2013, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I think you Lub him. NCST game would have been a blow out ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You in love with TB

Sep 21, 2013, 7:48 AM

the stats are just stats
one year has nothing to do with another
name one team that Clemson played more than once in the three (3) years
how many of the games were played in DV
how many players are still on the team after/during the years of the stats
I agree TB is above average QB/Player and better as a leader/person
But he is not Mr Clemson Tigers Football
If you are anyone else thinks so what in the "H" are we going to do when he is gone?
Clemson Tigers were a football team before TB was born, and will be one after TB stops playing

Guess someone didn't get any last night or maybe got some

Sep 21, 2013, 7:56 AM

from somebody that he didn't want. By the way, where did your rant come from? VT twice in the same year- on the road and @ a neutral site.... how does that matter?

Re: Guess someone didn't get any last night or maybe got some

Sep 21, 2013, 8:06 AM

"VT twice in the same year- on the road"

Not in the first "3" games of each year that the stats were used to compare and post to use a profe of the play of TB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that's what he meant, then you'll never get that. As to

Sep 21, 2013, 9:04 AM

the comparison, which schedule do you think was more difficult?

SOLOS®

Sep 21, 2013, 10:14 AM

do you really think TB played the best game that he could have played

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No and not even close. That's no reason to completely lose

Sep 21, 2013, 10:21 AM

confidence in him getting it back in 'rhythm'. Considering the schedule, I think he has three more games to get things worked out before FSU. Bad game, yes, but that's no reason to give up on the season.

Re: No and not even close. That's no reason to completely lose

Sep 21, 2013, 10:27 AM

No one I'm not know ss has not given up on TB
every player has a bad game, good players learn every game
other than a few drives TB just did not look like the TB we all know, how many times has the pass been too high or behind the player, just think he needs to relax, play his game and have fun

Agree. He seems to be pressing. Early, he didn't have time.

Sep 21, 2013, 11:37 AM

That DC for NCSt kept bringing overload blitzes when we couldn't even block their 4 DLs. Caldwell needs to be chewing a$$ as much as anybody. They corrected some of it in the second half. Morris' play calling was suspect but that might have been for a reason. There definitely needs to be more midfield route combinations but he may have just been holding back. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Maybe I am just upset about the wrong things.......

Sep 21, 2013, 8:38 AM [ in reply to You in love with TB ]

while people like you are upset at Tajh's few dropped passes on a tough conference road game I am more distressed about things such as:

The fact that our defense is collapsing in the 4th quarter as was shown against UGA and NC State with that 23 play drive that kept our offense on the sideline. If that continues, FSU and GT will beat us.....plain and simple.

Our Special teams is getting no quality returns on punts

Stupid penalties with a special tip of the hat to:
Battle is obvious
Martavis Bryant got away with a throat slash gesture

I know I should be worried about the the QB play and a few dropped passes......I guess I just don't get it.

For me the point is Boyd is the single biggest

Sep 21, 2013, 9:16 AM

difference maker in any win or loss. He has as much experience as a college QB as he could get, almost, and seeing him crusty or rusty or whatever word people like two games in a row is frustrating.

I will concede this to all of those who think the critics are unreasonable: Boyd proved in two games in a row that he can scramble and stay focused (not flawless) against top SEC teams. But his play in two lesser games gives us all a reason to still be worried that another "pulling a Clemson" just might happen. Especially given the way other parts of the team are playing like the secondary and the fact that we don't have many good tacklers yet. Blanks looks like he is still playing in high school when it comes to bringing runners down, for example.

Completely agree!

Sep 21, 2013, 7:58 AM

Thanks!

Re: Comparing Tajh's 1st 3 games 2012 and 2013..

Sep 21, 2013, 8:20 AM

Not gonna lie, I've been worrying about him but numbers are numbers. Thanks for the post!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, there was an INT pick 6....

Sep 21, 2013, 8:41 AM

luckily called back. Man, my State buddies were steaming!

You mean the one where the reps whistled and Bryant stopped?

Sep 21, 2013, 8:44 AM

Yeah....

First, Bryant wasn't the guy, it was Humphries...

Sep 21, 2013, 8:46 AM

and he didn't stop he screwed the route and Dabo blasted him on the sideline.

Yeah...

Message was edited by: Tiger8693®

Regardless of the receiver, there was a Timeout.***

Sep 21, 2013, 8:52 AM

Yes, lucky for us and Tajh that's the fact.

Sep 21, 2013, 9:00 AM

And regardless of reality (facts), the jet sweep was ruled he stepped out of bounds.

We got away with a win Thursday that could have been the other way around. I'll take it, but don;t act like we dominated an unranked team.

We drop this weak in the polls. Count on it.

I hate to do this to you but after Video Review.....

Sep 21, 2013, 10:08 AM [ in reply to First, Bryant wasn't the guy, it was Humphries... ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4mWYMDPJLQ&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLYPNXT-J87j7EOcNQtAPTGvGJ9uDmVlye

Go to 39:32 seconds and view the series...

Unless Adam Humphries grew to 6-5, placed the number one on his Jersey and changed his skin color I am pretty sure that is Martavis Bryant that stopped at the whistle on that route.....

Too funny - the announcers even said it looked like MB

Sep 21, 2013, 10:19 AM

heard the whistle and "didn't even come out of his break".

The whistles started right as the ball was snapped.

CDS was getting on AH because he was late getting on the field which is why we had to call timeout.

Some of these idiot "fans" are sickening.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Hey Rocky, #### off....

Sep 21, 2013, 1:01 PM

I saw him on Humpries after the play and hadn't watched a replay yet. And I'm a graduate, not just a fan #########.

I stand corrected...

Sep 21, 2013, 1:02 PM [ in reply to I hate to do this to you but after Video Review..... ]

Lost that in the Humphries chewing out. Was a lot of noise at the bar and couldn't hear announcers.

Some of these idiots on here are dumb #####.

Fair Enough...Dabo was Chewing On Humpries....

Sep 22, 2013, 9:42 AM

Very easy to make that connection....I remembered the announcers mentioning MB by name but wanted to check the film...

All is good

Sep 21, 2013, 11:28 AM

Tajh had a TD pass against Auburn last year. It was a fade to Nuk

Sep 21, 2013, 11:31 AM

Upon further review I see you accounted for it in your totals just didn't have it in the game by game summary.

Great comparison--thanks***

Sep 21, 2013, 1:07 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 22, 2013, 10:39 AM

Awesome post!

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic